We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

And That's... Bad?

A few weeks have gone by since Kirstie and I tried to get some writing done. Yes, we were able to do a few shows. Ryan may have been a fit of nerves the whole time. But we muscled through it. Ryan was just happy to see the string of shows over. It still leaves so much time to write though.

Today, Kirstie and I are taking a break from writing. We’re going to have a girls’ day. The boys are staying home and we’re going out on the town… to shop for pregnant lady clothes. I rather not, but… Kirstie insisted and Ryan said it’d be a good idea for me to get out a little more. Mind you, this was the guy that said I shouldn’t be performing while pregnant…

Anyway, Kirstie and I got a shopping day. And I am not about to turn down shopping. Even if it is… for pregnant clothes. But my stomach just keeps growing. I seems like it will never stop!

“All of these are ugly,” I muttered as Kirstie and I shifted through racks and racks of clothes.

“And you wearing Ryan’s clothes lately is just so attractive,” she snickered.

“Hey, they’re comfy,” I replied, making her giggle, “I bet you’ll be the same way when you and Tom have babies,” I battled back.

“We’ll find you something,” she stayed positive.

There wasn’t anything… I ended up just getting whatever Kirstie suggested. We have different styles, but I didn’t have the heart to tell her I didn’t like it. I’m only going to be wearing them for a few more months. Once this little thing pops out, it’s back to sweats and Ryan’s clothes.

After we had been through nearly ten shops, Kirstie and I broke for lunch. I was starved! As I was stuffing my face, Ryan kept texting me, asking how I was doing. I’m eating! Don’t talk to a pregnant lady when they’re eating!

“So… how’s the wedding planning going?” I asked after I put my phone down, striking up a conversation with the bestie.

“Slowly,” she chuckled.

“I’m sure it’ll pick up once you get it going,” I assured her.

“Tom brought something up the other day…” she started and then trailed off. I got the impression that, whatever it was, bothered her. “He wants… babies,” she added.

“Don’t you want kids?” I looked at her oddly.

“Well, yeah, but… he wants them soon,” she replied.

“Like how soon?” I pressed on.

“Like right after we’re married soon.”

“And that’s… bad?” I questioned.

“I would love too, but… there’s so much going on with the two of us. How’s a baby going to fit into all of this?” she sighed.

“Take a break. I know I’m going to once the little one comes,” I replied.

“I don’t know,” she sighed once again. “I don’t want to have a baby and then not have Tom around either,” she muttered.

“I’m sure you guys will work something out,” I smiled.

“I hope so,” she sighed one last time.

After this conversation, I tired to stay off the baby subject. But it was hard since we were shopping for pregnant clothes. And of course we had to look at the baby stuff. Ryan and I don’t know what we’re having yet, so we haven’t really bought anything. We’re not home either, so that makes it a little difficult. We’ll figure it out though. We have five more months…and maybe Kirstie and Tom will welcome a little baby into the world shortly after Ryan and I do…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep... exactly like that.

Ky

comment??