Ballad of Mona Lisa

If you talk you better walk.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

I was pretty proud of myself. That was a big step for me to openly hold Brandon's hand. it was a big deal because I was trying to hide our relationship from the world, and I think even myself. Everyone probably thinks I just did it to make Andrew jealous, but honestly that had nothing to do with it. After seeing the way Brandon was willing to stick up for me against Andrew really made me feel really special. It made me feel like I'm worth fighting for, instead worth of fighting with.
"You're late." Mr Stump said as we sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry." I said trying to hide my excitement about being public about Brandon.

"All rise!" One of the guards said as the judge walked in. He gave everyone the signal to sit.

"Ah Mr. Stump, I'm glad to see your clients are here. Now may we begin?"

"Yes your honor."

"Okay. This is case #12343. Case of ms Monar, and Mr Urie vs Mr Ross for Assault in the second degree with the use of a deadly weapon,and domestic violence. Mr Ross how do you plead?"

"Not guilty by reasons of self defense your honor." He said with the most serious expression on his face. This motherfucker has got to be kidding me? My jaw dropped, and I looked at Brandon who had the same expression as me. Even the judge had a surprised look on his face.

"Okay... Not guilty by reasons of self defense." The judge repeated in a concerned manor. This was going to be a complete shit show...

*3 hours*
After 3 torturous hours of pretty much being torn apart by everyone up there, except Brandon and Mr stump, I was completely drained. For the past 3 hours I had to sit in silence as I listened to Andrew say I was crazy. Lena say I was a jealous bitch. And Andrew's lawyer say no one could a believe a word out of my mouth, because I lied about my eating disorder, thus I am a liar. It pretty much came down to a matter of he said she said. And right now I felt out numbered, because I could tell the judge was against me in a way.

I sat in the hallway while the jury deliberated about my case. I sat tucked under Brandon's with my arm wrapped around his waist. He was resting his head on mine, and stroking my shoulder. This was so nerve wracking. I don't know what I would do if the jury voted in Andrew's favor. What if he came after me, or Brandon, for revenge? The thought gave me chills, and caused me to shiver in fear.
"Whats wrong?" He said sensing my nervous shiver.

"Just scared." I said looking down, and pulling him closer to me for comfort.

"Listen the jury knows he's a fucking maniac, and things will work out I promise." He said grabbing my chin, and making me look at him with his free hand.

"I hope." I said looking in his kind eyes.

"I know." He said kissing my lips. I had forgotten how tender his kiss was. His kiss was so different from Andrew's. Andrew's was usually full of desire, and anger. Brandon's are full of love, and compassion. I put my hand on his head, and pulled him closer to me. I really felt a connection with him, that for some reason I had never felt before. We stopped, and looked each other square in the face.

"I love you Brandon." I said grabbing his face in my hands, and kissing his forehead, which caused him to smile.

"I love you too Lisa. I'm so sorry for all those horrible things I said about you last night." He said almost in tears. I could feel his sincerity radiating off him. I had momentarily forgotten about the night before. I guess he had every right to say those things most of them were true, I just wish they weren't

"It's okay I needed to hear it. I know you have my best interest in mind, and I just wish I would have listened to you sooner." I said grabbing his hand in mine, and squeezing it gently.

"Listen Lisa it't not your fault. It's his fault completely. You don't deserve that, and I hope now you will just know when a guy is not treating you right."

"Now I do, but not because of Andrew. Because of you. If you didn't show me what a good guy is like, I would never know." I said blushing as I said it. I watched slowly as a smile danced across his face from ear to ear. His smile was infectious.

"I promise to be that good guy for you Lisa." He said hugging me close, and kissing my cheek. I wrapped my arms around him, and finally felt safe. We sat in silence for a few moments just taking in each other's presence. It was almost intoxicating.

"You two come on, the jury is ready!" We heard Mr Stump yell from the end of the hallway. We pulled apart from each other, and stood up.
Brandon grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and held him tight. This was so perfect I couldn't help but smile. We started walking hand in hand towards the court room. We walked in and I could tell all eyes were on us, but I really didn't care.

We sat where we were before, and I could feel my heart practically beating out of my chest. I thought I was going to throw up, but lord knows if I did I would just be that crazy bulimic bitch. The jury came in one by one until all twelve seats were filled. None of them would look in my direction. Shit.
"All rise." The guard said as the judge came in. We all rose, and everyone else sat while instructed except for us.

"Have the people of the jury reached a verdict?" He asked looking in the direction of the jury.

"We have your honor." One man on the corner said holding a piece of paper.

"What have you decided on?"

"We the people of the jury find the defendant..." He took a breath, which felt like an eternity. I was so scared.

"Not guilty on all charges." He said looking down, and away from me.

The pain of that day just came back at me. I felt like I was being stabbed, kicked, and hit all over again. In fact I think I'd prefer that. I gasped all the air in the room, and felt my knees buckle beneath me. Brandon caught me, and held me so I wouldn't fall further. I felt as if everything in my body had been drained out of me.

"The court just demands that the defendant must never talk to Ms Monar, or Mr Urie, or be with in 300 feet of the two." The judge said.

"Court is adjured." He said hitting the gavel down on the stand. I turned towards Brandon, and just cried. I wrapped my arms around him for support, and sobbed into his chest. I couldn't believe it. He was free! and he had to stay 300 feet away from us! 300 feet is nothing when you're living in fear! This was horrible. I couldn't even look up as Andrew walked past.

"LEAVE ANDREW!" I heard Brandon yell through my cries. I looked up, and saw Andrew walking towards us with a smirk on his face.

"I told you Lisa! I always win!" He said trying to walk towards me, but was being pulled by his lawyer, and father. I looked at the jury who suddenly all looked remorseful. I watched Andrew get dragged out of the court room, and continued to cry into Brandon's body.Brandon just kept pulling me close, and rubbing my back.

"It's okay Lisa he'll never hurt you again." He said lowering his head to meet my ears. Although this situation sucked so bad I was happy I was with Brandon for it. I was so thankful for him. I turned my head to the side, and saw my mom bitching out Mr Stump. Poor guy this wasn't his fault it was Andrew's.

"Come on baby lets get out of here." Brandon said gently letting go of me making sure I could stand. As I went to leave I noticed that Andrew's lawyer went over to a couple of people in the jury and started whispering things in their ears, and shaking their hands. I didn't really think to much of it and kept walking with Brandon.

Brandon, and I stepped into the parking lot, and I heard a familiar sound. I wiped my eyes, and looked up. The sound was the roar of Andrew's engine. Him, and his father, drove past with the windows down. The both of them gave me an evil look. I made eye contact with Andrew, and I felt like my heart had just been ripped out of my chest.

The whole experience really hit me because I realized Im stuck with these past 6 months for the rest of my life. I can't change the fact that Andrew was my first kiss. I can't change the fact that Andrew was the first person I had sex with. I can't change the fact that I was pregnant with his baby for a short time. I can't change the fact that he stole my virginity. I can't change the scars left on my body. I can't change the fact he killed our baby. I hate that I let all of these bad things happen to me, and there is nothing I can do about it. Especially because he is not guilty, and the whole thing makes me feel awful.

"Lisa?" Brandon asks squeezing my hand tighter, and snapping me out of my daze.

"Yeah sorry just dozed off for a second." I said shaking my head of all those horrible things. I had to try and move on from the past, and move towards the future. That seems much easier said then done.
♠ ♠ ♠
In this chapter I wasn't focusing on the legalities of the story so if any of the law terms are wrong, or whatever, I wasn't looking to be politically correct.