Ballad of Mona Lisa

Appealing only because they're just that unappealing.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]
*the next day*

I woke up in a disoriented state of mind. I laid in bed still in the same outfit I was in yesterday. Oh yesterday, what a horrible day you were. As I sit up, and rub my eyes to help them focus in on the world around me I glance over at the clock which reads 9:07. Shit! I slept through my first two periods! How come no one woke me up. I jumped out of bed, and started to frantically run around the room trying to get ready for the day. I grabbed regular blue jeans, and a black t shirt. I threw my hair up in a really messy bun. I tried to put make up on my red eyes, that were puffy from all the crying I did yesterday and last night. I checked my phone to see if I had any missed calls from Brandon, but there were none. That's weird because he always texts me at least once during the night, or morning. Maybe he was busy, I don't know, all I knew was I needed to get to school.

I ran downstairs to find that my mom was out somewhere. Guess I'm walking to school. I grabbed my bag full of books, and papers, and started running down the street hoping to decrease my travel time. I got about half way there when I heard that awful engine come up behind me. Fuck I can't ever catch a break.
The car slowed to a stop next to me, just as it had done last night. This time I didn't try and keep walking,there is no escaping him no matter how far ahead I walk.
"Need a ride?" Andrew said as he slowly rolled down the window giving me a head to toe examination. I didn't want tot get in the car, but I knew I needed a ride.
"Can you take me to school?" I asked timidly.
"Of course. I was heading there myself going to plan out our next little hook up session." He said smiling, and winking at me. As much as my heart said keep running,my feet said 'take the ride idiot.', so I did.

As I slid into the car seat the awful memory of last night replayed in my head. The horrible memory of last night kept replaying in my head. The horrible image of being gagged to the point of vomiting, the horrible degrading feeling of being subjected to that kind of treatment, and worst of all the horrible idea of betrayal.

As we pulled up to school all I wanted to do was see Brandon. He always made me feel better. I went to go unbuckle my seat belt, and leave the car, when Andrew grabbed my hand and stopped me. He turned me so I was face to face with him.
"See you later babe." He said pulling my lips on to his, aggressively. He still tasted of the same greed, and hunger, he did when we first met. I stormed out of his car, and marched into school. I went to my class which had just begun. I opened the door, and everyone's eyes turned to face me, as if I had done something awful. The truth was I had done something horrible. I was betraying the only person I ever loved more then anything on this earth. I took my seat in shame, as if people could read me like a book, but if anyone guessed exactly what was wrong they're probably just as fucked up as me.

Finally the bell rung, and now I could escape to my comfort zone, Brandon. I was so excited to see him. I neededto see him, maybe even more then I needed oxygen. He was my oxygen. He was what keeps my heart beating. He was my everything, and I needed to just run up to him and be with him. I took the long way to the cafeteria, to try and avoid Andrew.

I walked into the cafeteria, and saw him sitting at our table, alone, and sad. I ran over to him, and tapped his shoulder lightly. I was ecstatic for him to turn around and see me.
"Hey babe!" I said with an actual smile,for once. He turned about 90 degrees to face me, made eye contact, and turned away. What the fuck was that...

"Babe?" I said sitting down across from him, and grabbing his clammy hands, but he jerked his hands out of my grip. When I looked into his eyes I saw that he had been crying, and was about to right now.

"Babe what happened? Whats wrong?" I said trying to reach out and touch his face, but he jerked away from me.

"How long..." He said in a soft whisper.

"How long what babe?"

"Stop fucking calling me babe!" He said growling at me through his teeth, and looking up at me with his red sad eyes.

"Brandon..."

"How fucking long I said!"

"How long what?"

"HAVE YOU BEEN LYING TO ME!" He said screaming, so now the entire cafeteria was on us.

"What are you talking about?" I said in a lower tone trying to calm him down.

"Don't fucking play dumb Lisa! How long have you been with Andrew!" He said slamming his fist down on the table. Oh my god. He knew. How did this happen. Fuck.

"What are you talking about?"

"Cut the shit Lisa! I saw you get into his car last night after you left my house! I went to go walk home with you so nothing would happened to you, and I fucking see you get into that assholes car! How could you do this to me. After what he did to you? To us! I thought you were fucking smarter then this!" He said screaming in my face.

"Brandon please! It's not what it looks like!" I said trying to get him to calm down.

"Then what the fuck is it Lisa! Huh? What's your great excuse this time?" He said getting sarcastic with me.

I wanted to break down and tell him everything Andrew said and did yesterday, but then I looked up and saw Andrew standing at the door in a janitors outfit. He looked me dead in the eyes, and then flashed a gun from inside his pocket. Oh my god. I can't do this. I stood in silence looking at Brandon who was standing so close to me, and Andrew was across the room, but felt like he was on top of me. I went to go open my mouth to speak, but just started crying.

"I figured." Brandon said grabbing his stuff, and preparing to leave.

"I knew it. I knew you still cared for him. Why couldn't you just fucking tell me Lisa! Why did you have to play me? I get it if you didn't wanna be with me, but you should have fucking told me instead of telling me all this fucking bullshit! Like I had sex with you! No I made love to you! Doesn't that mean anything? Did you think of me at all when you were with him?" He said getting in my face.

"It means everything Brandon, and yes you were all I thought about! Ple-"

"Clearly didn't mean enough to you... Go have fun fucking your little psycho path. I'm done Lisa." He said brushing against me gently with his shoulder as he walked past me to leave. I turned to watch him leave, along with everyone else in the cafeteria.

"I love you Brandon wait!" I said running after him. He abruptly stopped and turned to face me, which made me almost run into him.

"I'VE WAITED FOR YEARS LISA! THEN I FINALLY THOUGHT I HAD YOU, AND OF COURSE YOU KEPT PLAYING YOUR FUCKING GAMES! WELL GUESS WHAT LISA I'M DONE WAITING, AND PLAYING THESE FUCKED UP GAMES! HAVE FUN WITH HIM HOPE HE DOESN'T KILL YOU THIS TIME!" He said getting so close to me that our noses were touching.

"Brandon..." I said at a barely audible croak.

"Fuck you Lisa." He said almost in a raspy whisper as he turned to walk away from me.

I stood in the cafeteria feeling empty. I watched as the love of my life walked out of that door, and out of my life. I never felt so broken in my entire life. If only he knew what was wrong. I wish I could tell him the truth. It was the most helpless feeling knowing I had to let the love of my life walk out of my life, so I could save his. I'm glad I was able to save Brandon's life, but was it enough to save my own?

The cafeteria suddenly became full of noise again. Except this time the noise was directed at me. Everyone was yelling at me! They were saying awful things like 'Boooo' , 'whore' 'nice guys finish last!' 'two guys in one day? way to go slut!' I stood there taking everything in until I couldn't take it anymore. I turned to run out the back door where I had seen Andrew. When I turned to leave everyone started cheering. I busted through the back door, and saw Andrew standing next to the door. He was looking down at the ground, and looked up at me just enough to meet my eyes. He smiled when he saw me. I felt so vulnerable.I needed someone, or something to help me. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Well even though he found out sooner then I would have wanted, I have you now." He said wrapping his arms around me, and kissed my forehead. As sick as his statement was it made me feel like maybe this time I was worth something. I hate that I was consoling in Andrew for help, but right now he was all I had. I started to cry uncontrollably.

"Shush. Calm down. I'm going to take you away from this place. I'm going to make it all better." He said grabbing my hand, and pulling me out the back door to the outside.

I normally would have protested, or at least asked some questions, but I was so out of it I just wanted to get out of there. I didn't care where I went I just wanted everything to be over.