Ballad of Mona Lisa

Well she's not bleeding on the ballroom floor just for the attention.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]
*A week later.*

I woke up in bed with Andrew as I had been doing for the past week. I could smell the alcohol radiating off of him like a disease, and I'm sure I was just as bad if not worse. I usually am not much of a drinker because I never wanted to end up like my mom, but lately I don't care. It seems to be the only thing, along with the pot, that makes this life even a little bit bearable.

I got out of the disgusting bed, and walked over to the mirror. I looked at my smeared make up,and messy hair. My eyes were heavy with pain and hurt. I never imagined this would be my life. Stripping in New Jersey for my crazy ex boyfriend's creepy rapist friend, doing drugs, and drinking all at 18. Wow I'm really on a roll. I tried not to think about Brandon too much it just would make me cry, and honestly I don't even think I have anymore tears to cry. This has been the worst couple of months ever. How did I let my life get here. I looked in the mirror at Andrew as he slept in the bed, and I remembered 'oh wait. That's how.' I snarled at the thought. As much as I hated Andrew for all of this bullshit, I still needed him more then ever. He was all I had, but I wish I had Brandon. God I miss him... I haven't heard from him since he said 'fuck you' to me, and I don't blame him.

I crept out of the room making sure I didn't wake Andrew. I glanced around the empty living room,looking for Pete but I could hear his and someone else's snoring from his room. He probably took home one of the girls again. All the girls treat him like a king,so he'll pay them better. I spotted Pete's phone on the table. I glanced back at his bedroom, and then back at the phone. I had to take my chances.

I ran over to the phone,and quickly dialed Brandon's number. I held the cold plastic in my hands waiting to hear his voice. It was early enough in the day where he wouldn't be sleeping, and it was before school. I desperately clung to the phone, and nervously looking back at Pete's room.
"Hello?" I heard Brandon answer on the other end. I sighed in relief to even hear his voice again.

"Who the fuck is this?" Brandon said annoyed. I became so overwhelmed with emotion that I started to cry.

"Who the hell is this?"

"It's me..." I managed to spit out.

"Lisa?!" He screamed into the phone with excitement.

"Where are you baby!" He said sounding nervous. Hearing him call me baby made me smile a wide smile.

"Jersey..."

"Are you okay? Are you with Andrew?"

"No and yes. I just needed to hear your voice. I'll let you go..."

"BABY DON'T HANG UP! PLEASE LISA!" He screamed into the phone in a desperate manner. So I paused, and looking down at the floor.

"I'm sorry about all the awful things I said. But I need to know, did you choose to leave? Or were you forced?" He said desperate for an answer. I needed to stop lying to him.

"Forced." I said looking up and realizing Andrew was standing right there. I froze in panic. Oh my god he's going to kill me.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING TO!" He roared as he came stomping towards me. I still held the phone in my hand as I backed up against the wall. I heard Brandon yelling in the phone, but I was too focused on avoiding Andrew, which failed. He slammed his fist on the wall right next to my head making me flinch.

"Give me... the fucking phone Lisa. Before I kill you right here and now ." He said sticking his hand out asking for it. I placed the phone in his hands.
He slowly raised the phone up to his ear.

"Hello? Brandon?" He said as he put the phone on speaker so I could hear him.

"FUCK YOU ANDREW! LEAVE LISA ALONE! COME FUCKING FIND ME! LAY ANOTHER FUCKING HAND ON HER AND ILL FUCKING KILL YOU!" Brandon screamed into the phone, but it wasn't loud enough to mask my crying. I was terrified I knew he'd kill me.

"Lisa didn't mind my hands being on her last night, or the night before. Or the day after you fucked her on your couch." Andrew said smiling at me. I couldn't do it anymore! I hated these lies.

"HE'S LYING BRANDON! I LOVE YOU! YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO ME-" I was cut off by Andrew's hand covering my mouth. He ended the call and just looked deep into my eyes.

He grasped my face tighter in his hand and slammed my head against the wall as hard as he could. The loud thud echoed through the apartment. I was so afraid I could hardly even react. He did it again repeatedly. My head was throbbing and my vision was blurred. Then he grabbed me by the back of my hair, and threw me across the room. I slammed into the coffee table in the middle of the room. I tried to get up to run away from him, but my legs stumbled around the table.

"Why would you call him huh?" Andrew said stomping his way over to me. I sat on the edge of the table trying not to meet his gaze. He grabbed the back of my head and made me look at him.

"Huh? After he said all of those awful things to you? He doesn't love you like I do." He said gently letting go of my head, and sliding his hands on my cheek. He knelt down in front of me with his hands gently on my cheeks.

"I know I do some crazy shit Lisa, but he will never love you like I do." He said kissing me gently. I looked into his sad eyes, which still had a hint of evil in them.

"He never hit me." I said feeling gutsy.

"You deserve it." He said tightening his grip on my face. I tried to pry him off of me, but failed.

"You know Lisa maybe if you shut the fuck up and did what you were told for once I wouldn't have to fucking hit you. You think I like hitting you?" He was expecting me to keep quiet so he didn't kill me, but I wanted him to kill me.

"Yes." I said looking right in his eyes.

"FUCK YOU LISA! YOU ARE AN UNAPPRECIATIVE BITCH! I'VE DONE SO MUCH FOR YOU AND YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THEM! FUCK YOU!" He said slapping me hard across the face making my aching head hurt more. Then he grabbed me by the shoulders and threw me again. This time I hit another table that had a lamp on it. The lamp fell off the stand and landed in my lap. I quickly unplugged it and used it as a weapon. I held it out between the distance of me and Andrew.

"YOU'RE FUCKING THREATENING ME? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" He said yanking the lamp from my weak hands and turning it on me. He raised it over his head as if he was going to hit me. I flinched and put my hands up to protect myself.
"That lamp belonged to my grandmother put it down Drew." Pete said calmly as he stepped out of his bedroom. Didn't care that I was getting the shit kicked out of me, just for the fucking lamp. Even fucking inanimate objects have more value around here then me.

"Sorry man. Did I wake you?"

"Nah little miss loud mouth did." He said pointing at me and I just shrugged.

"Sorry. It won't happen again." Andrew said grabbing my arm hard.

"Come on babe." He said pushing me into our room. I tried my best to fight him, but I stood no chance.
He closed the door behind me, and locked it. I sat on the edge of the bed with no care in the world anymore. I hope Brandon believed what I said.
"You think Brandon cares about what you said?" Andrew said calmly, practically reading my mind. I shrugged.

"Well he doesn't. Nobody does. Your own mom hasn't even come looking for you! You see I always wanted to be near you, and know where you were, not anyone else." He said coming over to me and resting his hands on my thighs. He sighed in exasperation.

"I wanted that baby Lisa." He said with tears in his voice. I looked up at his eyes and saw they were glazed over.

"I was just scared. I want to be a better parent then either of us ever had, and I think we could do it." He said looking for reassurance, but I just looked away.

"I guess I deserve that." He said standing up.

"Tonight is masquerade night at the club." He said interrupting the silence between us.

"It's when everyone has masks, even people in the audience, and girls kind of get auctioned off to guys to go in a private room with them for a half hour. Promise me you wont fuck anybody else?" He said looking back at me with worried eyes. I wasn't even going to mention Pete, so I just nodded.

"Thank you. I'm going to go shower." He said exiting the room calmer then he entered. When he closed the door I just laid back on the bed and cried. I hated life this fucking sucked. I need to get out of this life style. Oh Brandon if you only knew how much my heart longs to have you hear with me. You saved me before, but I don't think anyone can save me now. I give up...
♠ ♠ ♠
feed back?