Ballad of Mona Lisa

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

I laid in shock for a couple moments. I couldn't comprehend it. Brandon was dead. And it was because of me. I felt my stomach knotting inside me. I couldn't believe it. How could I have done such a thing. Maybe if I had just shot Andrew in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.Maybe if I didn't leave with Andrew this wouldn't have happened. Maybe if I told someone when Andrew first started harassing me. Fuck maybe if I had listened to Brandon in the first place NONE of the past 6 months would have happened. I got sick at the thought. I leaned over the side of the bed, and puked. It felt like my body was trying to rid me of anymore pain, or shock, but I just hurt more. I was so upset by this. Mrs Urie, Ryan, his whole family must hate me. Shit my whole family probably hates me.

"God Lisa why do you always make messes for other people to clean up." He said referencing my throw up.

"Is he really dead?" I said realizing maybe Andrew was lying like he always does.

"Look." He said turning on the news channel on the TV. The first image that popped up was Brandon's face.

"Turn it up." I said to Andrew as he turned up the volume.

"Local boy shot and killed by his ex-girlfriend, who he was trying to help. High school senior Brandon Urie, was killed a couple days ago in Jersey after going to help his ex girlfriend , Lisa Monar, who he believed was in trouble. When he got there Monar, and her ex boyfriend Andrew Ross were having sex at a local strip club, where Monar was working, and owned by Ross' friend. Monar, and Ross were not supposed to with in 300 ft of each other after a dispute earlier in the month." The news woman said as she read of a teleprompter false information! Why does everyone need to know my shit!

"Urie knew the two were not supposed to be together, and threatened to call the cops. Monar became irrational, and grabbed a gun she had been hiding. She aimed it at Urie, and pulled the trigger leaving her ex boyfriend, and friend of 7 years to die on the floor. Our hearts are with the Urie family as they prepare for their son's funeral today." She said as the scene changed to an overview of a funeral procession. I could see a banner with Brandon's name draped over the casket. I felt sick again and threw up again.

"We're public enemy number one." Andrew said turning the TV off.

"Who told them that story!" I said looking at him as tears ran down my face.

"I did. Because you were unconscious, and Brandon was dead, therefore I was the only person to tell what happened. They probably don't even want your account of it because they think you're crazy. The only reason you're not in jail is because they were waiting for you to wake up, and once you woke up you were going to the loony bin." He said spinning his finger around his temple to look like he was crazy.

"No...I'm not crazy! You are!" I said sitting up and pointing at him.

"No you are. I never killed anyone, but it's okay because you'll get to live in a nice soft cushioned room for the rest of your life." He said coming closer to my face.

"Why are you doing this.." I said crying again.

"I told you not to cross me Lisa, and you did. Now I'm going to watch you deteriorate from the inside out, from the outside looking in." He said running his fingers along my face gently.

"You wanna know a secret Lisa?" He said whispering in my ear. I didn't even respond because I was still trying to process everything.

"When we went to court I was guilty. My dad and lawyer paid the jury, and judge, a lot of money to get me that sentence." He said whispering in my ear which gave me chills.

"I always get what I want Lisa. No matter what." He said kissing my earlobe.

Oh my god. He should be in jail, and he's not because he paid off the jury,and judge! I couldn't believe it!
"YOU PRICK!" I screamed grabbing him by the ear and punching him in the head.

"YOU KILLED BRANDON NOT ME! THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT. I HATE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH!" I said screaming louder and punching him, and scratching his face near his eye. I wanted to kill him. All my yelling caused the nurses to come running in frantically. They pulled him away from me,and I could see his face was bleeding, and swelled.The male nurses tried to hold me down by my arms and legs, but I was so mad I just wanted to kill him!

"Lisa calm down!" The doctor said pulling out straps that were on the bed and putting my hands and ankles in them while one nurse got a needle ready. Oh my god I've seen that in movies.

"I'M NOT CRAZY DON'T PUT ME TO SLEEP. HE'S CRAZ-" I was cut off by the pain of needle piercing my skin. I immediately felt more relaxed, and sleepy. I felt myself drift off into sleep again! In my hazy vision I saw Andrew smiling at me as a nurse wiped his cuts, and bruises. I guess trying to kill him wasn't going to get me out of the loony bin. Fuck I hope I never fucking wake up.