Ballad of Mona Lisa

I'm ready to go.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]
*A week later*

I was sitting in a common area with others like me. Other crazy people. To my left was Spencer. He was in for killing his wife, and 3 month old baby because 'Jesus told him too'. To my right was Haley. She was in for schizophrenia. She had pretty red hair that she ripped out whenever she would see "The airplanes in the sky." Seeing these people in this awful state of mind it makes me thankful that I'm not really crazy, people just think I am. But I guess everyone else feels that way too, so who knows maybe I am crazy. I don't even care anymore.

I turned my head away from the crowd and looked outside at the free world as I sat in here rotting for something I did as an accident. I closed my eyes in sorrow and thought about Brandon and his beautiful face.This was the longest I had ever gone with out seeing his face or hearing his voice, and I should probably get used to it. I keep thinking that any minute he's going to come through that door and save me just like he did every other time I was in trouble. But Andrew said it best, I am alone. Nobody wants anything to do with me, and I can't blame them. I don't even want to be around me.
"Lisa.." I heard from behind me. I turned my head quickly, and didn't see anyone who wanted to engage a conversation with me. Is crazy contagious? Or maybe I'm actually crazy...Shit.

I had no perception of time in this place. I couldn't even tell you how long I've been awake, or what time it is, all I know is it's dark out and they're herding us into our rooms like cattle. I was lucky enough to have my own room. Well my own place to sleep.This was hardly a room.This was more of a four wall prison. I could feel the mental illness in the walls of this place. As if the walls stored the diseases of all the people who ever stayed here, and they were just radiating in the room during the night. I haven't even looked in a mirror for days, but I can just feel the ugly radiating off of me. Which is probably another reason no one wants to talk to me.

"Beautiful..." I heard in the same voice that I heard earlier. The only scary thing was I was laying in bed alone. Yeah I'm crazy.

As I laid in this stiff "bed", or box as I called it, I listened to everything. I listened to the sounds of the cars in the distance driving along their way.I listened to the machines keeping me in this numb state of mind. I listened to the irritated dragging foot steps of any employee who would rather be home with their families as opposed to being around a bunch of crazy people.

I was able to drift off to sleep fairly easily which was a shock because I normally lay awake and think about all of the horrible decisions I've made in my life. I was able to let my mind slip into the 'alternate reality' that was my dreams,the only place I felt safe.

*In Lisa's dream*
I laid on a familiar surface in a familiar room. I looked around and realized I was in Brandon's room, on his couch! This was so exciting! Finally a place where I felt normal, and safe. I searched the room for Brandon frantically, and didn't see him anywhere.
"Brandon?" I cried out eagerly.

"Yeah?" I heard a voice coming closer to the room, Brandon's voice. It showed me that even the simplest of word from him could instantly brighten my mood. I sat up with joy and awaited him to come to the door. When I saw his beautiful face peak through the door I instantly became elated. I felt like a little kid on Christmas. I immediately shot up and ran over to him I wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could.

"Babe what's wrong." He said holding me and comforting me.

"It..just...I miss..you.." I said sobbing in between words.

"But I'm right here." He said grabbing my face and making me look at him. I looked up at him in admiration.

"No I killed you. You're dead..." I said looking down in hurt.

"No you didn't. You tried to save me. I was stupid for even putting the gun up against myself. I don't blame you at all." He said kissing my forehead. His kiss almost felt real, but I knew it was just a dream...

"I love you Brandon Urie."

"And I love you too Lisa Monar, more then you'll ever know..." He said planting another soft kiss on my lips. This was the best dream I had ever had in my life. I never wanted to wake up. I just wanted to stay here and bask in the heaven that was Brandon's arms.

"I love you Lisa, but I have to go." He said kissing my forehead, and backing away from me.

"No! Brandon I need you!" I said reaching my arms out to grab him, but he was disappearing right before me.

"Come with me." He said with his cool smile.

"Where are you going?"

"Does it matter? Come be with me..." He said as his body was slowly evaporating into thin air. So was the rest of the room. I was standing in a blank room with the love of my life disappearing in front of me, again. I couldn't let him slip away again. By this point Brandon was backing up into a bright light. So I followed. The light had become so blinding I couldn't see Brandon anymore. Just hear him.

"Come back to me Lisa..."

"I'm coming.." I said screaming, but only hearing a whisper out of my mouth.

"Don't let go Lisa... Come back to me.." Brandon's voice continued in the distance. I was losing him again. I couldn't let that happen. I tried running towards his voice but my body felt as if it was in slow motion. If anything I felt like I was moving backwards.

I was nearing the light and the sound of Brandon's voice. I didn't want to wake up and be in that psych ward. I needed to find him again.I wasn't going to let him go. I needed to be with him again. I've fucked up enough lately, I couldn't fuck up again. I continued walking towards the light, which usually is the wrong thing to do,but it just felt right. I felt like I was in the right place, and needed to continue.

Then I woke up in a different place I left...