Demented Lust

A Whole New World

“Bye” I said as I climbed into the yellow neon car. Part of me wanted to leave as fast as I can before I get into another argument with my mother about me leaving to a Racing Academy, the other part just wanted me to stay here with parents. Then again, I had to go. I guess I have been to dependent on my parents, I barely know how to survive on my own. I brushed my blonde hair away from my face as I looked down the drive way. I was leaving home, and I don’t even know the next time I will be coming back.
“Are you okay Charlotte?” my mother asked and I just nodded my head.
“Just thinking for a second, I will see you guys soon” I said with a fake smile as I turned the key and my car roared to life. I let out a low sigh as I drove down the drive way leaving my parents who were waving goodbye behind. Before I knew it they had disappeared into nothingness, it was only me, and my car, driving down the street. I tried to think about other stuff to distract me as I drive. The first thing that came to my mind was the weird dream I had last night.
I was sitting outside of some old looking house, well it did not look much like a house. It looked more like a prison. I kept glancing toward the door waiting for something to happen. I don’t remember what exactly but it made me incredibly nervous to wait. After a while a little dirty boy with brown hair who looked miserable came out of the prison. He looked over at me and smile which made me do the same thing.
“Are you okay?” I asked as he walked over toward me throwing the stick that I was using to draw in the dirt away. He nodded his head and for some reason I felt like he was lying.

I blinked my eyes a few times, should I really be thinking about this while I was driving. I can get into a crash or miss my exit, or something else of that sort. I continued to drive for what felt like forever, now I know what my mother meant when she said it was far far away. I recognized Alpha Academy, the closest racing academy to me. I was not going their, I was going to their competition; Racer Academy. My mother wanted me to go there, but luckily my father was on my side and said Racer was better. Before I knew it the rain began to come down hard and the sky became darker then usual for two in the after noon. I looked down at the gas gauge and laughed, I was running out of fuel. I always ignore that into I run out of it, my parents use to yell at me for that. I stopped at the closest gas station, luckily it was one of those with the little convenience store.
“40 dollars” I said to the worker who nodded his head as I shut off my car. I had no clue how much further the school was, so it’s better to stock up now. I walked into the store and I got a bottle of water, for some reason I was incredibly thirsty. I also got a few snacks including chips and skittles. I walked up to the counter and waited behind two people. There was a man in his mid thirties standing behind the counter selling some lottery tickets to a women who looked like she could have been a great grandmother. The man standing in front of me looked about 24 and had a case of alcohol in his right hand as he swayed back and forth with an impatient look on his face. The old woman and the worker were talking about something that I did not understand.
“Come on old woman” the twenty something year old said under his breath as he switched the case from one side to the other. My arms began to get tired after five minutes, why are they talking for so long. “Can I please just pay for my stuff and go, I have better stuff to do then listen to you two talk about the fucking weather” the man said impatiently.
“Young man, watch your tongue” the old woman said.
“Sorry, but I have to go soon too, I am on a bit of a schedule” I interjected and the guy turned to me, he probably did not even realize there was someone behind him. I had to admit, he was hot.
“Thank you, someone else, now can I just buy this stuff” the man said and the old woman just stepped to the side and the guy put the alcohol on the counter with his driver’s license.
“$18.99” the worker said and the man handed him a 20 dollar bill.
“Finally” the man said annoyed as he took his change and left the store. I put the junk food and water on the table as the door closed.
“$9.82” the worker said and I have him a 10 dollar bill.
“Keep the change” I said picking up the bag and walking toward the door.
“Your a nice girl, I wish my granddaughter could be like you” the old woman said.
“Thanks” I said nervously, usually people don’t want to be like me. I never hear anything like that. As I walked outside I heard someone walking toward me, I turned around to see the guy again with the alcohol still in his hand and smiling at me.
“Has anyone told you that you look hot?” the guy said and I laughed as I got a better look at him, he nice blue eyes.
“Thanks” I said as he pushed some of his black hair out of his face.
“How old are you?” he asked.
“18” I lied, I was still only 16 years old.
“Nice, I am 25” he said, wow I close, “are you doing anything later? A few friends and I are having a party. You can come if you want, unless your boyfriend won’t allow it.”
“I don’t have a boyfriend, and I will be busy tonight” I said smiling, I could not help but to smile, “but maybe another time.”
“Sure, can I get your number?” he asked pulling his cell phone out.
“5-8-3-9-3-6-2-6-4-7” I said, “and by the way, my name is Charlotte.”
“Okay” he said as my phone went off in my picket. I took it out and read the message.
‘Hi cutie’ it had said and I laughed.
“You have a cute laugh” the guy said as I began to add him to my phone.
“What’s your name?” I asked.
“Adonis” he said with a mischievous smile.
“Oh, like the hot guy from Greek mythology?” I asked and he nodded his head with a smile.
“Well, I should get going” I said walking toward my car.
“Bye Charlotte” he called after me.
“See ya later cutie” I said and once I climbed into the car I busted out laughing about what it had happened. After a minute I handed the worker the $40 and drove away watching Adonis climb in his car, I think he was already a little drunk. Before I knew it I could see the school. My dream school, Racer Academy. It looked amazing in person. I drove into the campus and drover to what I believed to be the main building and parked my car and looked around in amazement. Without thinking I began to readjust the lace on my wrist. For some reason I have always wore this gray shoe lace around my wrist, don’t even remember how I got it. Students were walking all around as I walked into the building clueless of where to go now. I know I had to see the headmaster, Spritle. I just did not know where he or his office was. I looked around to see everyone was busy doing something or another and every time I walked up to them to ask for help they would just walk away. Did I scare them away or something or where they that busy. I felt my cell phone go off again in my pocket and it was Adonis again.
‘Hey, what are you up to now? ;)’ he asked and I smiled.
‘Nothing much, just chill axing, you?’ I replied and looked up for help again, everyone had begun to leave. Classes are probably starting, and I have no clue how to get to the office.
“Are you looking for something?” I heard someone ask and I turned around to see a woman sitting in a wheelchair looking at me.
“Umm… yeah, the headmasters office” I said.
“Go up those stairs right there and turn right, just walk straight down you won’t miss it” she said.
“Thanks” I said smiling.
“By the way, what’s your name?” she asked as I began to turn around.
“Charlotte Hennings” I said with a smile as I began to walk to the headmaster’s office. I walked up the stairs quickly, turned right and quickly walked down the corridor. I opened the door and walked into the room, a 40 year old looking woman sat behind a desk. I walked up to her with a smile.
“Umm.. Hello, I’m Ch-” I began.
“Charlotte Hennings?” she asked in a voice that reminded me of an annoying waitress, “he’s expecting you, you can go right in.”
“Thanks” I said walking toward the door by her and opening the door. In the office was a man around the age of 40. I felt my cheeks turn pink, not again. For some reason I always crush on older guys, that includes teachers. I use to have a crush on my old science teacher, because of that I got the highest grades in that class.
“Hello Headmaster Spritle” I said, it sounded more like a question, “I’m Charlotte Hennings.”
“Hello, and welcome to the Academy, come in and sit down” he said and I smiled as I walked over and sat in the seat across from him, “now tell me Charlotte, why are you here?” I looked at him confused for a second, what did he mean why was I here?
“Excuse me?” I asked confused.
“Every year a few hopeful racers step through that door a most of them don’t last the first week. What makes you different?” he asked and I bit my lip nervously. What made me different than everyone else?
“I don’t really know sir” I said, it was true, “I guess I love racing, actually I just generally love going fast. The adrenaline rush… and you know, it’s just generally fun. Truthfully I did not come here to become famous, or what ever, I just love racing.” He did not say anything but just smiled.
“Well to succeed here you need skills and determination” he said.
“I have that” I said smiling.
“Well here is your dorm room key” he said as he picked up a card from his top desk drawer, “you will need it to get into the grand pre building and your dorm, you will have to drop your things off and get ready for the qualifying race.”
“Okay” I said with a smile.
“So what kind of car will you be driving today?” he asked and I was a bit dumbfounded. I felt like an idiot.
“I feel like an idiot, but I don’t really know what kind of car it is” I said and he just let out a laugh, “I am a good driver, an okay mechanic, but I am just not that good at names and stuff.”
“I understand” he said smiling as my phone went off.
“Sorry” I said taking my phone out and looking at the message.
‘Are you sure you won’t be able to make it tonight, I told my friends about you and he would love to see you ;)’ the message said.
‘I can’t sorry =‘(, like I said before, another time?’ I replied and looked back at Spritle who was looking through some papers on his desk.
“When is the race?” I asked causing him to jump a little.
“In about two hours” he said.
“Okay” I said as I looked around the room, it was just a plain office. There were windows behind him that led to a balcony and a nice view of the track. The walls were tan, and not much else to say. I looked at his desk and saw a small bowl of candies, why do all office desks have one.
“You can have one” he said gesturing to it and I took a lollipop. I un-wrapped it and put it in my mouth, it tasted awesome. I just generally love lollipops.
“I can give you a small tour of the school and show you to your dorm” I nodded my head and before I knew it we were walking in a corridor of one of the dorms. “This is it, hurry up the race is soon” he said smiling and I nodded my head.
“Thanks” I said as he walked away and I took a deep breath as I turned back to the door. I was about to walk in the room that I was spending the rest of the year sleeping in.