My Life Really

2

Mum: “Emily Dave’s here!” She yelled.

Me: “I’m coming.” I yelled back. I ran downstairs really fast, I almost tripped, but luckily, I arrived to the front door unharmed. Dave stood at the front door. He had a FFTL t-shirt and black jeans with red converse.

Me: “Hi” I said.

Dave: “Hey” he said as he entered and closed the door behind him. We quickly started up the stairs.

Mum: “Emily, I’m going to go to the supermarket do you want something?”

Me: “No thanks, bye” I said. I went back to my room and sat on my bed while Dave sat on the chair.

Dave: “So how should I ask her?”

Me: “In English if you can.” I said as I bursted out laughing.

Dave: "Ha-ha but when?”

Me: “Tomorrow at lunch or after school.”

Dave: “But how should I tell her what if my mind blanks and I don’t have anything to say, I mean what if she says no.”

Me: “She won’t say no, I know it and you just have to act cool, it’s not the end of the world you did ask other girls and everything went great except they left you cause you were my friend, sorry about that.”

Dave: “It’s not your fault, if the girl that I go out with doesn’t like my sister then she’s out.”
Me: “Oww, thanks bro.” I said as I hugged him.

Dave: “No one will ever break our friendship!” He announced. I placed my head on my pillow and stared at the ceiling and we continued to talk about the My Chemical Romance concert. After hours of talking, I fell asleep.

Dave: “I’m going to ask her tomorrow, Emily” He looked at me and saw that I was sleeping.

He pulled the covers on me, turned off the lights and left. It was about an hour later that I had awoken. I went downstairs and asked mum, were Dave was. She said that he left a while ago. I went back on the computer to see if he was there but wasn’t so I phoned him.

Dave: “Hello?”

Me: “Hi it’s me”

Dave: “You woke up. If you were tired you should have told me.”

Me: “I didn’t even know I was tired. So when are you going to ask her?”

Dave: “Tomorrow”

Me: “Great, Anyway I have to go, bye see you tomorrow.”

Dave: “Okay bye.” He said and hung up.

I laid back on my bed and began to think about what mum had said earlier about dad. I really was nasty to her I needed to apologize. She was right. Dad did leave because of his drug addiction and sometimes I think that if it wasn’t for her I would be dead right now. Dad had been using drugs and drinking since I was young. He used to hit mum and me many times but I can’t remember everything in detail.

My mum didn’t say anything to the police because of what he said one night. It happened in midsummer and it was past midnight. Dad came very late as always, my mum always stayed up to help him when he came home. This time when he arrived they had a fight. I woke up to the sound of something breaking.

I went to the door and peeked to see why they were fighting. I saw broken glass and dad yelling but I couldn’t see mum. I got out of my room and hid behind the cupboard from there I could see my mum on the floor, blood dripping from her head. I went running to her, she grabbed me and held me tight. Dad saw me and grabbed my arm. He dragged me to the floor.

Mum: “You know they are going to find out what you do to us!”

Dad: “Now now, how are they going to find out? Not unless you tell them, and you know what’s going to happen to your little girl if you talk!” He yelled at her as he pointed his finger at me.

Mum: “If you touch her I’ll kill you!” She screamed. Dad grew furious and slapped her so hard that on her cheek she had his hand mark.
He returned his attention back to me.

Dad: “Now sweetie, you aren’t going to tell anyone, are you?” He said in a sweet sacristy voice. I didn’t know what to say. I was speechless from what he did to her. Mum saw that I was terrified so she spoke for me.

Mum: “Of course she won’t, right Emily?” She said quickly. I nodded to say yes.
I went back to my bedroom and tried to forget everything that happened. I wished it was just a nightmare.

The next morning I actually thought that it was a dream because mum didn’t mention anything, it was like every other day.
Sometimes the fights were even worse but I’m not in the mood to give details about things about the past since they remind me of my dad.