Cover Girl

Late Again

I groaned as the familiar sound of my alarm clock filled the room. I rolled over, desperately searching for the snooze button. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as the alarm was silenced. I grabbed my pillow and placed it over my head, slowly drifting off back to sleep. Though, before my dreams consumed me, the alarm blared again.

“Could you shut that thing off?” Brody sighed.

I sat up and unplugged that alarm, “Done.”

“Make me breakfast.” He demanded, wearily.

I rolled my eyes and slowly descended down the stairs towards the kitchen. Brody is my boyfriend; we’ve been together for almost a year now. We both met at college, we argued over who was going to take the last seat in our psych class. He agreed to let me have it if I went to dinner with him and now, here we are.

I grabbed some eggs and bacon from the fridge and began cooking. Soon enough, Brody joined me, he sat at the table.

“Are you working today?” He asked.

I nodded, “Yeah, I may be late since I had to cook.”

“Then just stop cooking.” His tone was harsh.

I glanced back at him, “No, it’s fine.”

He stood up and grabbed the spatula from me, “Just go get ready for work. I don’t want to hear you complaining later that you were late.”

I stared at him for a moment, and then just decided to let it alone. I stalked up the stairs and quickly changed. I glanced at the clock and noticed that I had just a few minutes before I was late. I ran down the stairs and past Brody.

“Bye babe, love you.” I placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Yeah, bye.” He stated.

A frown was evident on my face for the entire walk to work. I walked through the doors and saw my boss waiting for me, luckily she wasn’t rude.

“Late again Dallas.” She chimed.

“I know, sorry.” I apologized, grabbing my apron and tying it around my waist.

No, I’m not a waitress; I work at Starbucks, the best place in the world.

“For being late, you get to close.” She replied.

I smiled, extra hours were exactly what I needed, “Deal.”

I stood behind the counter and braced myself. It was always busy at work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
New story, let us know what you think.
I'll be writing Dallas' point of view.
<3, Nina