Cover Girl

The Morning After.

As we cuddled on the couch, I couldn’t help but notice how relaxing this was. With Brody, things were always on edge; since he was always so stressed out. I glanced up at Kendall and smiled, I had missed this. Halfway through the movie, I began to doze off. My mind was consumed with an alternative reality, one where I never left. That life seemed much better than the one I was living, I was actually happy.

My dream faded away as my eyes flickered open. I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and smiled, that was until I noticed it wasn’t Brody. Immediately, I jumped off of the couch, waking up Kendall in the process.

“Wh-what’s wrong?” He asked, groggily.

I grabbed my shoes and put them on, “I was supposed to be home last night.”

He stood up, “I can walk you back.”

“I don’t know if that would be a good idea.” I stated.

“Why not?” He questioned, taking a step towards me.

I sighed, “Brody doesn’t like you.”

I picked up my cell phone and unlocked it; there were five missed calls and three messages, all from Brody. I read the messages.

It’s almost midnight, when are you coming home?

Dallas, come home, now.

Just woke up and saw you weren’t home yet. I’m going to class, you better be back before it’s over.


I slipped it into my back pocket and grabbed my hoodie. I pulled it over my body and walked towards the front door.

Kendall grabbed my hand, “Please let me walk you.”

I stared up at him, “Okay.”

He smiled and led the way out of the door. I took slow breaths, silently hoping that Brody would still be in class when we strolled up. Kendall squeezed my hand, he knew something was wrong. I forced a smile at him, trying to make it look as real possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy with school.

<3, Nina