Uncontrolled Chaos

Your mom's dead, idiot.

After Nick left that night, I went to find Derrik, and Jake.

I eventually found them ten minutes later in Derrik's room, each on their own laptop.

I walked in, sitting next to Jake on Derrik's couch, while Derrik sat on his bed, across the room.

A few minutes later, Jake looked over at me, "Do you have a Facebook, Skye?" I shook my head.

"Why not?" He turned his attention back to his computer.

"What's the point?" I shrugged.

"You should make one, so I can post on your wall, and show everyone you're my best friend." A grin spread over his face.

"Sure, why not?" I smiled, as he logged out of his Facebook, then handed over the laptop.

I filled in the questions, easily, as he watched over my shoulder.

'First name: Skylar.
Last name: '

I looked up at Derrik, who was tapping wildly on his keyboard, oblivious to the fact that I was even in the room.

Then I typed, "Harris." into the blank.

'Date of birth: August 17, 1995.'

Then I saw "Email:" I looked up at Jake, smiling sheepishly. "I don't have an email."

He sighed, taking his laptop. "You're lucky I have multiple." Then he typed in 'deatheater95@live.com'

"Harry Potter fan?" I mused.

He shrugged, "Always have been." I smiled, "I've only read the books."

He grinned, "Better than the movies. Although, I love the movies."

After he had me logged in, he looked over at me, "You need a picture."

I shook my head, "Can't we just find a picture of a cute panda or something?"

He shook his head, back at me. "No." Then he sat his laptop down, and pulled me into the bathroom.

He pulled out his phone, it was the same one that I had.

I looked over at him, "Why are we in the bathroom?"

He turned on the camera, "Better lighting."

I smiled, shaking my head, "You're such a girl."

He looked over at me, offended, "I am not a girl!" He stuck his chest out as if to prove his point.

"Really? Your boobs say otherwise."

He shot daggers at me, as I laughed, "I'm just kidding, calm down."

He shot a look at me, then held up the phone in front of us.

"Shush up and smile."

----

After we took about a billion pictures, we went back to Derrik's room, to Jake's laptop.

He uploaded them all into an album called, "My Bestest Friend." and chose my default for me.

It was the first one we took, of us smiling. I liked it, his bright blue eyes were happy, and his lip ring was glistening in the light of the bathroom.

And I, I actually looked happy. It was the first picture of me in a long time, that I actually looked happy in.

I smiled over at Jake, "I like that one."

He grinned, "So do I."

I turned my attention back to the laptop sitting on my lap, then I tapped the search bar, and typed in, "Jake Schultz."

I scrolled through the million that were there, then I saw his picture.

"This one yours?" I pointed at it.

"Mhm." He nodded his head, then I clicked, 'Add Friend.'

Then I did the same with Derrik.

----

A little whle later, I walked downstairs and into the living room where Taylor and Damien were on the couch, cuddling, while watching a movie.

I sat down in the chair, next to Mercede's pack-n-play.

Damien looked over at me, "You and Nick dating?"

Boy, was he nosy.

I shook my head, "No, we're just friends."

He nodded his head, "How long have you two been friends?"

"I've known him since fourth grade." I kept my attention on TV, avoiding his gaze.

"Hm. I see." He stopped, letting it go.

"What are you guys watching, anyway?" I continued to stare at the TV.

I saw Taylor shrug out of the corner of my eye. "I have no idea."

"Well," I pushed myself out of the chair. "Alrighty then."

Then I turned, and walked out, and up to my room for the rest of the night.

----

School came quickly. Nick continued to call me every morning, and every night, it was sweet.

The first day of school, was...interesting.

I woke up to Derrik jumping on my bed, screaming, "Skylar! Skylar! Wake up! Wake up! We have school!"

I groaned, attempting to push him off me, but failing miserably.

"Go away." I mumbled, barely opening my eyes.

He shook his head, "Nope, get up."

I put my hand over my head, looking up at him. "Get off me, so I can."

He climbed off me, pulling me off my bed, and onto my feet. "Good, you're up."

Then he threw a black shirt at me. "Jake said you had to wear this today."

I held it up in front of me, inspecting it. It said, "Jake Schultz is my bestest friend ever!" in neon writing.

I smiled, tossing it on my bed, then shooing Derrik out.

I grabbed a pair of my new black skinny jeans from my dresser, then threw them on. Then I put a clean tank top, and the black shirt on.

Then I ran a brush through my hair a few times.

I picked up my phone, seeing that is was eight twenty and that I had two text messages.

One from Nick, saying, "Good morning. I don't know if you're at school yet, so I'm not going to call you. Have a good day, talk to you later.(: "

"No, I just woke up, actually. We don't start until nine. Talk to you later, though. (: " I hit the send button, then went to the next one.

It was a picture, from Jake. It was him, in his bathroom. He was wearing a black shirt like mine, but instead it said, "Skylar Harris is my bestest friend ever!" Underneath the picture it said, "Wearing this today. :) Derrik should have yours. Wear it, please? Oh, and I'm going to be picking you and Derrik up, later. See you then, S. :)"

I smiled, hit the camera button on my phone, and snapped a picture of myself in my mirror, then sent it to him, saying, "No problem. I'm proud to call you my bestest friend ever. See you later, J.(: "

I stuck my phone in my pocket, then walked down stairs, and into the kitchen, instantly smelling sausage.

"Something smells good." I sat down, across from Derrik, who was devouring his breakfast.

"Bro," I attempted to pull his head up from his plate a bit. "Calm down, it's not going anywhere."

He glared at me, swallowing his food. "It might grow it's legs back."

I grabbed the plate Taylor sat down in front of me, slowly eating the food on it, "I'm positive it won't."

After Derrik and I were done eating, we were sitting in the living room, waiting for Jake.

"Nice shirt." Derrik smiled over at me.

I nodded my head, "New favorite shirt, maaan." I smiled.

"He never shuts up about you, y'know?"

I looked at him, clearly confused. That's when the door flew open, with Jake standing there. "Come on, slow pokes!"

I smiled, then stood up, and threw my bag at Jake. "If I'm a slow poke, you can carry this."

Then I ran out to his car, before he could protest, and jumped in the passanger seat, forcing Derrik to sit in the back.

A few minutes later, we were on the road heading towards the school. It wasn't very far.

Not even five minutes later, and we were pulling into the parking lot. After we parked, I got out, trailing close behind Jake.

"I'm scared." I whispered.

"Don't be." He put his arm around my shoulder protectively. "You'll be fine."

"If you say so."

As we were walking in, I saw everyone turn towards us. 'Jake's pretty popular, huh?'

And of course, they were all staring at his arm around my shoulder. "They're staring at you." I whispered.

"No, they're staring at that." He nodded his head at his arm.

I nodded my head, slowly. "Yeah, I know."

Then I pulled my schedule out of my bag. "What do you have first hour?" I asked, staring down at the paper.

"Chemistry." He said, looking down at the paper, too.

"Oh, I have Art. Wait, I suck at art! What the hell?" I complained.

I turned around to Derrik who was standing behind us, being eerily quiet.

"What do you have first period?"

"Biology 2."

"Guuyyyyss. I'm going to be alone!" I moaned out.

"You'll meet someone. People in art are pretty chill." Derrik said, walking up to me, and putting his arm around my shoulder.

"If you say so." I huffed.

"I'll show you where it is." He stated, leading me away from Jake.

I turned towards him, and smiled, "Bye, Jake!" I called to him.

"Bye, Skye." He waved, walking away.

I turned back around, and continued walking with Derrik.

This school wasn't all that big, compared to my old school.

The gym was huge, and smack dab in the middle of the school, and all the classes were around it.

The cafeteria was in a different building, off to the side of the gym.

"This is it." Derrik stopped walking, and stood in front of a door, that said "Art Class. Mr. Sheilds." on it.

"Go on." Derrik said, as I stood, pondering at the door.

I took a little step foward, as he opened the door, and shoved me in.

And as soon as I stepped in, all eyes turned towards me.

"Ah, thank you for joining us, Ms..." Mr. Sheilds stated, trailing off.

"Harris. Skylar Harris." I looked around the room, to see everyone had forgotten about me, and gone back to their work.

"Oh, of course, our new student. Ms. Larson. How about you introduce yourself to the class?" He turned away from me, and toward the rest of the class, "Okay, everyone. Quiet down, Ms. Larson's going to introduce herself." He turned back to me. "Just say your name, where your from, why you moved here, and something interesting about yourself."

I felt myself tense up, and my hands get hot and sweaty. Ew.

"Um. Well, my name's Skylar Larson. I moved here from Champaign. Uh, I uh..moved here, because my uh...mom got.. uh..killed, and now I um..live in a um...foster home. And there's nothing really interesting about me.." I shrugged, looking at Mr. Sheilds.

It was quiet...creepily quiet, with almost everyone staring at me.

Mr. Sheilds cleared his throat, "Okay, well, Skylar, you can go sit next to Emily over there." He pointed towards a girl with long straight brown hair, and a beanie over it. She was wearing a somewhat baggy Avenged Sevenfold shirt, and she was looking down at her paper, completely fixtated on her work.

I sat down, silently, as she looked up.

"Hi." She slightly smiled, and waved at me.

"Hi." I mumbled, quietly.

"I'm Emily. What's your name?"

"I just introduced myself."

"Oh, I never pay attention to those. Mr. Shields does it with every new student."

I nodded my head, "Ohhh, my name's Skylar."

She glanced down at my shirt, then back up to me.

"So, you're the new girl living with the Harris's."

I nodded my head, slowly.

"I thought you looked familiar."

I looked over at her, questioningly. "What do you mean?"

"I was at the mall when you and Jake got into that little tiff with Kimberly."

"You know Kimberly?"

"Her grandma is my next door neighbor. She's over there all the time. We use to be best friends, then she became stuck up and snobby in third grade. She no longer likes me, because I dress and act like a guy, and because I'm lesbian."

"Oh. She picks on me all the time. Has since second grade."

----

Lunch came quickly, I had it after third hour English, and thankfully I had it with Jake.

He met up with me, at my locker.

"Hi, Jake." I smiled, up at him, while putting my stuff away.

"Hi-ya, best friend." He smiled, ruffling my hair.

"Stoopp!" I complained, attempting to fix my hair.

I stood up, closing my locker.

"Here." He handed me his jacket.

"Why?"

"Because it's rainy and cold outside, and I don't want you getting sick." He stated, putting it around my shoulders.

I shrugged it off, "But what if you get sick?"

"I never get sick. Please, put it on."

I put my arms through it, pulling it over my shoulders, "Alright, if you say so."

He was right, though.

As soon as we walked outside, I was drenched from head to toe, in rain.

Jake latched his hand onto mine, and ran into the cafeteria, with me in tow.

I smiled, "Aw, but I love rain!"

He shook his hair like a wet dog, causing water to go everywhere. "I don't, especially when I don't have a jacket."

I sighed, "I told you, I didn't need it!"

"Oh well." He shrugged, pulling me foward in line.

----

I was sitting in my last hour of the day, Biology, doing nothing.

Mrs. Andrews figured since it was the first day of school, we shouldn't have to do anything.

I was quietly talking to Emily, when a girl with long bleach blonde hair, came up to me, "You're Skylar, right?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah."

"You need to stay AWAY from Jake. He's mine!" She pointed her finger in my face.

"And who are you to say who I can and can't be around?"

"I'm Meranda, and Jake and I have been together for the past three years. So back off."

"Really? Last time I checked, he dumped you." Emily butted herself in.

"It's just a break! He's going to come back."

"Then how come he's never, not once, mentioned you to me before? Please, explain that." I pushed her hand, that was still in my face.

"Whatever. Just remember, he's MINE." With that, she walked away.

I fumed. "Who the hell does she think she is? My mother?"

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, realization hit me at what I just said.

Your mom's dead, idiot.