Status: Please comment, I'll upload the next chapter asap if you do xDD

A Melody, a memory, or Just One Picture...

Cause my lips are chapped and faded

When they arrived back home, Jimmy slowly walked up to his room. Leana watched him and when the door silently shut she asked, "So, What's happened? Have you two argued again?"
"Lee," James mumbled, suddenly afraid to tell his Fiancé the truth. "Can we sit down? I have some big news to tell you."
Leana's smile faded and she sat on the sofa behind her and swallowed loudly. She knew it was bad by the tone of his voice.
"I went to the hospital yesterday," James watched Leana's eyes fill up with uncontrollable as the news registered. "The Doctors diagnosed me with cancer."
Leana started to cry quietly, she managed to hold the tears back long enough to ask, "Why didn't you tell me yesterday? Or earlier? Is it fatal?"
James turned his head away, finding it hard to look at Leana as she broke down in tears, "I don't know if it's fatal, the Doctors never said. I never said earlier because I didn't want to spoil the meal today."
"But you told Jimmy, didn't you?"
"I.. He came in when it was playing up."
Kaylee came in skipping and saw her Mother was upset, "What's the matter Mommy?"
"Mommy's just heard some bad news baby," Kaylee climbed up on to the sofa to comfort her Mother.
"Is Daddy going to travel the World again?" Kaylee whispered.
Leana gave her daughter a soft smile and stroked her hair, "He might be planning to."
Kaylee turned to her Father and said, "Naughty Daddy making Mommy cry!"
Leana kissed Kaylee on the forehead and went to the bathroom to clean herself up. Kaylee sat on James' lap and ruffled his hair. "Cheer up Daddy, you seem sad."
She stroked his lips then gave him little kiss, "Your lips are rough Daddy, you need vaseline!" She ran to her room and brought back a tube of vaseline and gently rubbed some on his lips.
Jimmy came downstairs and bumped into Leana on the way to the Kitchen.
"Hey," He said, turning to face her as he noticed she was crying. "He's told you, hasn't he?"
Unable to speak Leana nodded. Jimmy wrapped him hands around her and hugged her tight, "Please don't cry Mom," Jimmy tried to swallow back his own tears. The sight of his mother crying usually is contagious.
She silently pushed her head into his shoulder. James came round the corner and looked at Jimmy and Leana. Jimmy returned the look and held out his arm, offering his Father to join the hug.
"Me too!" Kaylee shouted, unaware of the emotions and the meanings behind the hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short Chapter sorry, Just wanted to get back in the routine of updating stories! Sorry it's been so long, I've been lost in tons of college work and my GCSE's! I'm hoping to be able to update more often now. Comment and subscribe please! It'll be great if you all let me know what you think so far! I really appreciate the comments!