Status: Please comment, I'll upload the next chapter asap if you do xDD

A Melody, a memory, or Just One Picture...

Help her gather all my things

Jimmy stood outside his Fathers door and listened. His parents argued quietly but angrily. Jimmy sighed and slid against the wall until he hit the floor. He gently put his head against the wall and continued to listen.
“I can't believe you,” Leana shouted.
“What do you want me to say Leana?” James replied, Jimmy could sense the sadness in his voice.
“I want to know why you didn't tell me about your cancer sooner,”
“Why would I worry you with something that hadn't happened? And as for Jimmy, I pray that he won't get the cancer. I feel selfish for having him knowing the cancer was generic, but I wanted a family. And I couldn't ask for a better one. You can be angry at me Lee, but I hid this away from everyone because I didn't want you all...”
His voice was interrupted when he started to cough viciously. The coughs were loud and clear.
“Oh my God,” Leana cried out.
Jimmy stood up and walked into the room quickly. He watched speechlessly as his Mother held his Fathers head in her arms as he coughed up blood.
“Call an ambulance!” Leana sobbed.
Jimmy continued to watch his Father, unable to move. James' eyes were filled with tears which ceased to exist as they mixed with the blood.
“Jimmy!” Leana shouted.
Jimmy registered what she said and ran out of the room. He continued running until he reached the telephone and dialled the emergency number. Once he finished the conversation, he cried uncontrollably and Brian came out of the living room.
“What's happened?” He whispered.
Jimmy sniffed back his tears and replied, “He's not good, he's choking on blood,”
Brian's eyes looked down and he felt his heart beat faster.
“Brian,” Jimmy sniffed. “I'm scared,”
Brian hugged him tightly, “I'm scared too,”

James woke up in a hospital room. He sat up quickly hoping to see someone he recognised. He saw Jimmy asleep in the chair next to his bed. He sighed with relief and tapped Jimmy's leg gently. Jimmy woke up and jumped, “Dad!”
“Why am I here?” He asked softly.
“You got really bad...” Jimmy froze. “Don't you remember?”
James shook his head, “Not really, it's all a blur.”
Leana, Barbara and Marie entered the room, with 3 boxes full of stuff.
“We've gathered all your childhood things,” Barbara smiled. “I kept them all these years, because I always believed that it's nice to look back at memories,”
James slowly looked through the box nearest to his bed. He pulled out a small bear teddy. Brian entered the room with Kaylee in his arms.
“Wow!” She exclaimed, seeing the small teddy in James hands. “Did you get that for me, Daddy?”
She watched him carefully while he thought about it.
James held out the bear for Kaylee and she took it with a gleaming smile, “Yay!”
“Take care of him,” James said quietly. “He's as old as me,”
“You're not old Daddy,”
A Doctor quietly opened the door to the room and explained, “You can go home James, now you're awake. I gave you more oxygen in your blood which should be circulating to your heart. Leana,” The Doctor turned. “May I speak with you outside for a moment?”
She nodded and followed him outside.
“It's bad news isn't it?” She frowned.
“It is, I'm sorry to inform you. I originally thought that your Fiancé had coronary heart disease, but I'm afraid to say it's much worse then that. I have never seen cancer spread this quickly before. The oxygen I injected into his blood has given his heart another chance to take control, but I can't promise that will work,”
Leana wiped her tears with her sleeve and the Doctor handed her a tissue.
“With the extra oxygen in his blood and all the medicine we gave him, he should do fine for the next couple of months. If the heart works properly after that again, he will live to grow old. But there is a high possibility that the heart will fail again. His arteries are growing thinner which means the circulation won't be working properly.”
“Is there anything we can do to help him?” Leana asked.
“Make sure he doesn't smoke anything or drink alcohol,” The Doctor glanced at James through the window. “Some exercise could do some good but make sure he doesn't over do it. An hour walk should do fine and make sure he's eating healthily as he needs his vitamins.”
Leana nodded sadly, “Thank you for everything,”
“You're welcome,” He smiled gently. “I'm sorry that there's nothing more we can do today,”
Brian came out of the room. “Can I ask what's going to happen?”
“He should be all right for the next couple of months, the Doctor says that he might become ill again later on in the year,” Leana slightly turned to face Brian, who stared at her with worried eyes.
“If anything else happens,” The Doctor continued while going through some paper work. “Bring him straight back, even the smallest signs could end up fatal,”
“Thanks for your help,” Brian smiled at the Doctor.
“You're welcome. For now, you should bring James home. I'm sure he'll feel more comfortable there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter as requested.
Hope you're enjoying the story.
Thank you for the recommendations, for subscribing and commenting, it's massively appreciated. Feel free to do it more :)