The Life and Time of The Sisterly Chaotics- Miss Kill Me Now

Chapter 5 Miss. I couldn’t ask for more

When we got there, I headed for the swings. After about five to ten minutes, I noticed Jane.

I started to get up.
“Don't let her get to you.” Jess said.
I stared at him. “Wha…”
“She used to call me a fag and I’d either try to beat the crap out of her or I’d walk away crying. Never did any good though, you see.” Jess said.
“Damn…”
“Yep, but, I don’t let it get to me and she’s stopped.” Jess said.
“I don’t know what it is with her and homosexual jokes, but I’m fucking sick of it.” I muttered.
“She used to be a mega-lesbian.”
“No WAY! You’re kidding!” I said, trying hard not to laugh my ass off.
“Nope. Her older sis was too. She got scared though when the two of them…yeh. Since then, she’s claimed to be straight as an iron slate.”
“No wonder Juna liked her” I said, starting to giggle.
“Hey, did you ever notice how almost all of the parents around here named their kids with a J in at least one out of the three parts of their names?” Jess though aloud.
I just shrugged.
“Just thought it was kind of funny…” Jess said, kicking at the mulch beneath him.

I laughed with him. We got up and headed for the movies when he saw what time it was. He grabbed my hand, pulled me close, and asked me softly, “Hey Ji? I was wondering. I uh…do you want to go out with me?”
I smiled, placed my hands on his shoulders, lifted myself up upon my tippy toes, and kissed him.
“As long as you’re doing it for you and not because someone put you up to it.”
He smiled at me and put his arm around my waist, holding me close.

I never wanted him to let me go...but I would soon find that desire to be short lived, to my dismay and horror. We would make it into the theatre just fine, as in any situation. But, it’s getting out on an evening like this that is going to prove a challenge.