Status: Active

Bad Enough For You

No, I Won't Call You Baby

“Ashley Gaskarth! My office! Now!” My boss, the guy who owned the arena where I worked, yelled at me.

I glared at Vicky, the girl who had been doing the name calling that had originally spurred my anger and the one who had actually caused the fight to break out.

“Coming sir.”

I followed quickly, sending my boyfriend, Jason a look of exasperation. He shrugged his shoulders while our friend Matt was doubled over laughing.

“Shut the door Ashley.”

I did as Mr. Carson told me and then sat down in the seat across from him. I knew what was coming.

“Ashley. You’ve been working here for about two years now. You, Jason and Matt are my three longest standing employees but you seem to have a record of getting into fights, both verbal and physical, with other people.”
“Sir, I can promise you that I didn’t start it this time. Not only did Vicky throw the first punch but she also was the one doing the name calling.”
“I assure you that Vicky is physically incapable of doing such a thing.”

My mouth hung open. Really? The whole arena had heard our argument and so many of them saw her throw the first punch, why didn’t he believe me?

“Now, I’ve known Vicky since she was a baby, she’s my niece.”

Uh oh. I’d REALLY dug myself into a hole THIS time.

“Look, Ashley I can’t keep letting you work here, you’re fired. You’ll receive your last paycheck in the mail on Friday. You can now go pack up your things and leave.”

I sighed and gave him the finger as I left his office.

“So, what’s the verdict?” Matt asked as him and Jason fell into step with me.
“He fired me. Rat bastard. I’m the longest standing employee bar the two of you. The girl I beat up is his niece.”
“Smart babe. Smart.”
“Chut up.”

Jason put his arm around me and I leaned into his embrace.

“Come on. Let me empty my locker and then we’ll go back to mine. Alex isn’t gonna be home until late today. He’s got a meeting with some record producer, apparently they’re getting signed.”
“Ashley that’s awesome, why aren’t you happy?”
“Well let’s see? I’ve just lost my job and I failed high school so there isn’t a lot for me to do. Oh and my brother is being a dick about how high achieving he is and using it against me during dinner conversations.”
“Sorry.”
“It’s fine. Come on. Let’s go.”

I grabbed my rucksack and took down all of the pictures, stuffing them into a folder and putting that into my bag. I grabbed my clothes and ran into the changing rooms.

Slipping out of my black skinny jeans and black T-shirt with ‘BACKSTAGE CREW’ written on the back. I let my hair down, pulled a white wife-beater over my head and yanked on a pair of blue denim booty shorts along with a pair of red chucks. I put my baseball cap on my head and left the arena for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Listening to: When September Ends