Status: Completed with Readers: 180; Subscribers: 54; Comments: 70; Stars: 7

I Myself Am Strange and Unusual

When Broken is Easily Fixed

I groaned inwardly as I felt the pain fluctuate through my body. I've never felt so disoriented in my life. I knew I was facing upward and that I couldn't open my eyes even if I wanted too. I guess that's a plus, right?

"Hello?" I heard a man's voice yell through wherever I was.

"Someone's over here!" Someone else yelled.

Shit. I guess I wasn't dead. Well I suppose not everything works the way you want it too.

A young woman's voice filled my head, "can you hear me?"

I nodded my head, but I couldn't open my eyes. My head throbbed. I wouldn't even remember what had happened except the noise from the crash kept replaying in my head.

"What's your name? Can you tell me your name?" She asked. There were multiple people around me. I could hear their voices, but she was closest to my face. I felt her check my neck, probably for a break or my pulse.

I squeezed my eyes shut tighter as I felt multiple people poking and probing various places on my body. It hurt. It all hurt.

"Crash" I murmured, trying to explain the noise in my head.

"Yes you crashed, but what is your name?" I felt her move my hair out of my face and I had an urge to move it back, if it weren't for the fact that I couldn't move. "Sir, your name?" She pressed.

Her voice was pretty. My only wish was to be able to open eyes and see her. "Lee," I managed to whisper.

"Okay, Lee. Can you remember anything?" I squeezed my eyes shut harder from the pain that was starting to settle in. "It's okay, hun. You don't have to speak. We're taking care of you."

She sounded young, early twenties. "We're getting a stretcher for you, okay?" Someone kept touching my neck and I felt a brace be wrapped around it. "Alright, Lee. This may hurt a little bit. We're going to lift you and move you onto the stretcher. One... Two...Three!"

I squinted in pain as I was lifted and moved onto the stretcher. I couldn't help but think about how embarrassing this was. I felt them carry me, and murmur about my condition. I wasn't listening though.

Where did the girl go? I couldn't hear her voice anymore.

I felt the stretcher be pushed into the ambulance and a few people climb in and shuffle around. "I'm right here, Lee." A small wave of relief washed over me. I was scared, and kind of knowing someone helped my nerves a lot. I felt a small hand slide into my own.

"What's his name?" A male asked.

"Lee Malia," her voice answered from my side. Malia? I didn't tell her my last name.

I just wish I could see her.

"Okay, Lee. I'm just going to take some vitals," the man said. His voice wasn't near as appealing as hers.

I hope I wasn't too bad off. The guys would be pissed if they found out what happened, and I would be embarrassed as anything. I'd have to quit, just like Curtis did. Of course he left for other reasons, as far as I'm aware.

I could just see Oli's face when if he finds out I'm suicidal. He'll freak. They all will. They'll call me a freak.

"Lee?" The girl's voice questioned.

I tilted my head in the direction of her voice.

"Lee?" She asked again.

"Yea?" I tried to speak.

"Lee!" She shouted.

Couldn't they hear me?

"Hurry! Get a drip in him!" The man yelled.

"We're losing pressure!" Another man yelled.

I felt my heart beat drop quickly. My body and my mind started moving in slow motion.

"Stay with me, Lee! Don't fucking leave!" She yelled.

I couldn't leave, not without seeing her at least once.

My eyes felt like a ton of bricks as I struggled to open them. I heaved a breathe when a mask was placed over my face.

With all my strength, I managed to open my eyes momentarily. Sitting on my left was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She looked down at me and smiled, though panic was in her green eyes. Looking into them, I relaxed and I shut my own eyes again.

Everything will be alright.

I just need to sleep now.

"No!" She yelled. "We're losing him!"

I smiled lightly as my mind became blank, soon passing out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Starting things off with a bang ;)