Status: Completed with Readers: 180; Subscribers: 54; Comments: 70; Stars: 7

I Myself Am Strange and Unusual

The Artist

“Lee? Are you awake?”

“No,” I mumbled sleepily. We laid down not too long after the guys had left, and I just had fallen asleep.

“Babe?” Audrey whispered in my ear.

“Hm?” I mumbled back, sleepily.

“Never mind,” she sighed, turning away from me.

“What? What’s wrong, love?”

“It’s nothing, go to bed.”

“Alright,” I sighed, rolling over.

A few moments later, just as I had fallen asleep again, Audrey’s hand shook my shoulder. “Lee?”

I rubbed my face before sitting up and turning on the bedside lamp. “There’s something obviously bothering yeh, Audrey. What is it?”

She frowned and looked over her shoulder at me. “It’s nothing, go to bed.”

“Audrey,” I warned, crossing my arms over my chest. “No one repeatedly wakes someone up fo’ no reason. I won’t be able to sleep unless yeh tell me.”

Audrey sighed, sitting up in bed. “It’s just….”

I reached over and grabbed her hand, squeezing is softly. “It’s okay, love. I promise.”

“When you went to the store the other day, Sarah came by.”

“What?”

She sighed and nodded, looking away from me. “She came by for some things she left, and, naturally the conversation didn’t go well.”

I felt anger build up in my throat just at the thought of Sarah saying anything harmful to Audrey. “What did she say?”

“Stuff,” she shrugged.

“Audrey,” I warned again, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Mean stuff.”

I rolled my eyes, “like what? I’m not a mind reader yeh know.”

“She said stuff about how she was so much better for you and” Audrey hiccupped looking away from me. “-like, she said that people like you need someone good looking to be with them and I’m not that and it’s sad how much lower you went from her and all this other stuff.” She mumbled.

“That fucking bitch!” I yelled, throwing the covers off me and getting out of bed. I started pacing out of the room in pure anger. “She’s nothing. That fucking whore. I can’t-“

“Lee.”

“-even believe she did that. I swear to God that-“

“Lee.”

“-if she ever steps foot in this house or says another word to yeh-“

“Lee!” Audrey yelled.

I stopped and looked at her, immediately feeling bad. I was so focused on what Sarah did, I wasn’t even thinking about Audrey. She looked so empty and so broken right now. “I’m sorreh,” I said, sitting next to her in bed and kissing her cheek. “I’m sorreh I was freakin’. Are yeh alright? That’s all that matters.”

“Yea, I’m fine,” she mumbled.

“Don’t lie, love. We both know yeh hate liars.”

She smiled lightly, “you quoted me.”

“I did. Yeh a smart bird yeh know.”

She sighed and relaxed into my arms as I kissed her temple.

“She means nothing to me. Yeh know that, and she’s not near as beautiful as yeh are. Yeh fantastic. Nevah let anyfing she says hurt yeh anymore. Nevah doubt yehself. I wouldn’t be with yeh if I thought otherwise.”

Audrey turned her head and kissed me lightly. “You know you should be a psychologist. Quit all this band nonsense.”

“Oh yea?” I chuckled. “Doctor Malia?”

She shook her head, finally smiling. “Nope. Scratch that.”

“Why not?”

“’Cause if you do that, I can’t say I’m dating a rock star, which, let’s face it, is way more important than the actual rock star.”

“Fanks,” I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

“Kidding, love,” she grinned, kissing me lightly. “I’m sorry I put you through all this.”

“I would end the world if yeh asked me too. I’d do anyfing for yeh. Yeh not making me do anyfing.”

“You’re so sweet,” she smiled.

“I try. Do yeh want to do somefing tomorrah?”

“Like what?”

I shrugged, leaning against the headboard. “Anyfing yeh want.”

“Can we bother Matty and Jona?”

“Surely we can. I’ll text them in the mornin’.”

“Or, I have a better idea.”

“And that is?” I looked over seeing a devilish grin spread over her face.

“Let’s break into their house tonight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Reasons why this wasn't updated two days ago: (1) I talked to Matt Good for three hours. (2) Work sucks (3) I hung out with my friends who I won't see until April D: College distance </3 (4) I WAS PREPARING FOR THE SILVERSTEIN/AUGUST BURNS RED SHOW TODAY. SHANE TOLD TWEETED ME. I'M MEETING HIM TONIGHT. I FANGIRLED, OKAY? Guilty.

Anyways, who have you guys met that's famous? If any one is super interesting,
I'll update as soon as I get back from the show tonight! Much love.

Thank you SO FUCKING MUCH ForeverHopeful, ELizzieBethh and modified youth for commenting.