Status: Completed with Readers: 180; Subscribers: 54; Comments: 70; Stars: 7

I Myself Am Strange and Unusual

The Weak and The Wounded

"Audrey," I mumbled through my grogginess.

"Hmm?"

"What's on yeh wrists."

Immediately she covered her wrist with her other hand. "I don't-"

"Don't pull that bullocks wiff meh. I'm no' an idiot."

Her eyes narrowed slightly as she stood up from the chair. "I'm not the one who crashed a car down a hill." She spat, leaving the room.

I groaned, rubbing my face with my hands. "Fuck," I mumbled. I knew she knew my secret. My horrible disgusting secret. But in my defense, I knew hers. That counts for something, right?

No. What if she told? What if it got out to the world that Lee Malia was a suicidal idiot? The world wouldn't care about her little problem. They'd only focus on the fact that the quiet little guitarist in the band almost successfully offed himself from the world.

There goes my career.

And then something happened that surprised me. I looked up to see Audrey entering the room with a cup of coffee. She sat down, fiddling with the lid. "Y-yeh came back?" I asked astonished.

She nodded her head without looking up. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Well..."I began. Her head shot up, cutting my sentence short. My better judgment told me to shut up, so I did. I didn't want to risk her leaving again. She might not return the second time.

"How are you doing?" She asked, her voice low. It seemed as though she thought I would break after she asked that question. Maybe she was the fragile one in the room.

Unlike herself, I don't harm myself intentionally. I'd rather just off myself and be done with it. Even that I can't do right. "I'm alrigh' I guess."

Her lip pouted lightly as Audrey finally looked up at me. Her brows her slightly furrowed. "You don't have to lie to me. I hate liars. I would hate to hate you."

"Well if yeh must know, meh arm aches, my legs are bruised up, I have an awful migraine, one of meh ribs is broken, meh skull was busted open, I 'ave a slight concussion, I'm tired as fuck and meh wrist is sprained which is preventin' meh from doing the one fing that calms me: play guitar."

She smiled lightly, "so you're doing peachy?"

I chuckled lightly, "yea, bloody fuckin' peachy."

"Well that's good. Now I don't have to worry."

"Yeh wouldn't worreh about me."

"Who says?" She challenged.

"Why would yeh?"

"Why wouldn't I?" She shot back.

This girl was feisty. I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh. "Yeh are strange."

"You're weird."

I nodded. "Yea, I am a bit weird, aye?"

She nodded again. Silence filled the room. It wasn't awkward, but it let my mind wander. I found myself staring at her face. She looked deep in thought. "What are you going to do?" She finally asked.

"What do yeh mean?"

"When you get better and leave the hospital. Are you just going to forget it happened and fly back to England?"

Oh, that's what she was referring too. "Probableh," I began. "They fink I'm on vacation and visiting friends right now."

Her eyes narrowed slightly. "So you lied to them?"

"No, no. I nevah lied. I juss didn't tell them the truth." Why I felt the need to defend myself against this girl I'll never know.

Audrey rolled her eyes. "Liar," she mumbled.

"Well I'm not goin' to tell my best mates I want to off mehself!"

"You're not a liar now, but you will be. You'll have to cover up a lie for the scars, what you did when you were here how your-"

"Juss knock it off!"

Surprisingly, she did. I didn't mean to shout at her, but it was still a sensitive topic.

"Why'd yeh ask me that?" I asked finally. The question was eating away at me ever since she brought it up.

"Ask you what?"

"What I'm doin' when I leave. I mean, most people would ask why I tried to commit... well, you know. Or why-"

"Some people don't like talking about those things. You'll talk when you're ready."

I nodded my head and looked down at my hands in my lap. Strangely enough, I think when I finally decide to talk about it, it will be to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cute, no? Thanks to ElectricAngel, Waking-The-Fallen and Lyzzie- for commenting!