Status: Completed with Readers: 180; Subscribers: 54; Comments: 70; Stars: 7

I Myself Am Strange and Unusual

Smashed To Pieces

I signed the last paper on the clip board, smiling as I did so. They were my release forms. The nurse was jabbering next to me about things I should and shouldn't do for the next few weeks. I wasn't really listening, frankly. I was watching the door to the room like a hawk. Audrey left the hospital last night after the doctors said I could leave today. She had said she 'had some things to take care of,' whatever that means. She also said she'd be back, which she's not.

"Mr. Malia?" The nurse questioned.

"Hmm?"

"Were you listening at all?" She sighed.

"Yea, yea, take it easy fo' the next few weeks. I 'eard yeh." Maybe I was being a bit rude, but I didn't need anyone telling me how to live my life.

"No, I asked you to stand up and see how bad your pain is."

"Oh, sorreh," I mumbled. I took a deep breath before standing up slowly. Despite the fact that the brace reduced the pain, I still felt some and it made my posture a bit awkward.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, just fine." I let my eyes fall onto the doorway only to be disappointed again.

"Alright sweetie, I think you are all set to go. Here are your clothes from when you first came. You can change and skedaddle on out of here."

I nodded briefly before going to the bathroom and locking the door. Getting out of that paper thin blue gown was the best feeling ever. Having to move my body in odd contortions because of the brace was not.

I stepped out of the bathroom and made no hesitation to leave the hospital. They had a cab already waiting for me by the time I was outside. Just as I was about to get it, a small voice not far away interrupted. "You weren't going to leave without me, were you?"

I looked over and saw Audrey standing with a smirk on her face and a duffle bag on her shoulder. "I wouldn't dream of it," I replied smiling.

She smiled and walked right past me into the back seat of the cab. "Well?" She questioned. "Are you getting in or not?"

I nodded and slipped in next to her. I couldn't help but to have a stupid smile on my face. This was really happening. I couldn't believe it.

"Where ya' headed?" The cab driver asked.

"Sullivan Motel, then the airport," I replied. He nodded and headed off.

"A motel, huh? You're not one of those cheap guys, are you?"

I laughed and shook my head. "Wasn't plannin' on goin' back I guess. Yeh seem different today."

"Good different or bad different?"

I smiled, "good different." It was true. She looked like she had a brand new soul. She appeared to be much happier than usual.

"Maybe leaving this place is doing me some good. I'm excited, you know?"

"Same 'ere, love. Same here."

I looked out the window, watching the world fly by. By tonight, we would be back in England. By tonight, I would see my girlfriend. By tonight, I would have to figure out what the hell I was going to do with Audrey.
♠ ♠ ♠
And with England comes... SARAH. Dun Dun Dun.

Thank you AbbyHomicide, Krystal-Khaos, lexin3d and Lyzzie- for commenting.

You guys are sexy ;)