Status: Completed with Readers: 180; Subscribers: 54; Comments: 70; Stars: 7

I Myself Am Strange and Unusual

My Heroine

"Why is your hand shaking?" Audrey asked me.

I looked down, frowning. Sure, more than half the mission was over. We flew to England. We landed safely. We were on our way to my flat. This wasn't the problem. The problem was that Sarah was more than likely going to be waiting for me at my place. Not only does Audrey not know about my girlfriend, but my girlfriend has no idea I am bringing someone home with me.

What the fuck did I get myself into?

I shrugged my shoulder, looking out the window as we stopped in front of the flat. "Fanks," I mumbled, paying the driver. Audrey and I got out and grabbed our bags.

I mentally had to keep telling myself to breathe easy just to try and not look too nervous. Shakily, I pulled my keys out and shoved them into the lock. I closed my eyes for a brief moment before pushing the door open.

All the lights were out and I could literally feel the weight of the world leave my chest. She wasn't here.

"This is my 'ome."

Audrey chuckled, pushing past me. "Figured that. I didn't think you were the type to break into other people's houses."

I smiled, watching her roam around the room examining various trinkets. "This is yeh home now," I said mostly to myself. It was weird hearing it.

"Mhm," she smiled. "I like it here. I needed a change."

"I like that yeh are gettin' more comfortable wiff meh, yeh know?"

"I think I'm beginning to like you."

I chuckled, grabbing our bags and heading down the hallway to my room. "Yeh move in wiff someone in another country befo' yeh like them?"

"I'm adventurous," she replied before appearing in the doorway.

I threw all the bags on the side of the bed before plopping face down. "I missed my bed," I mumbled into the covers.

The bed moved below me and I felt Audrey's weight lay right next to my own. "Then why'd you leave?"

"I thought yeh said yeh'd let me tell yeh when I was readeh?"

"You're ready."

"Yeh aren't me. How do yeh know I'm ready."

"You're alive and home. You're ready."

"That's what yeh fink." I sighed and moved my face away from the covers to look at Audrey. She smiled lightly, moving some hair out of my face.

"Do you know what else I think?"

"What's tha'?"

"I think you're pretty cute."

I smiled, "fanks, love. I fink yeh propa brill yehself."

"Kiss me," she whispered.

"Okay," I mumbled back, leaning in.

"Lee!" A voice called through the house.

My heart nearly fell right out of me. Sarah's home.
♠ ♠ ♠
&& I think that a shit ton of drama is going to be in the next chapter.

Thank you so much lexin3d and Lyzzie- for commenting.

&& does anyone have predictions?