Status: finished.

Together by This Christmas Tree

and we're ho ho hoping that we all come back.

john o'callaghan
Cally and I curled up on the floor on the van, her legs entangled in mine with her head resting on my chest. She was tracing invisible patterns on my chest, with her delicate curls squishing on my t-shirt, the sports jacket laying beside us. “Your family seems so nice, John,” Cally murmured, her eyes heavy against my chest as she yawned. I knew I should take her back, but I couldn’t let her go.

We were sitting in the parking lot of my apartment complex, with hers just a few minutes away. We were just .. laying together, and I could hear her heart beat in my chest, slow and rhythmic, like a song. Her breathing was long and slow as well, her breath warm and minty against my bare arms.

“My mother is in love with you, love,” I murmured against her blonde hair, bright and shiny and soft against my chapped lips. My guitar lay under Cally’s bare feet, so cute and small. “I’m afraid I’ll have to keep a tight hold on you,” I continued, and Cally laughed. She looked up at me.

“John, would you mind taking me home? I hardly doubt you want to sleep in your van with me laying across you.” Cally was so cute that I smiled, but pressed my lips to her temple.

“Why not just stay the night at my apartment?” I asked slowly, afraid of her answer. She raised her brows, sitting up slowly, crossing her legs before looking down at her bare feet, sighing deeply and biting her lip. She began to twirl her hair around her ring covered fingers, a sure sign of nervousness.

“John, I don’t think I’m ready to do that-” I cut her off sweetly, pulling her closer to my chest, gently shushing her.

“I don’t mean that, darling. I mean, like we did in England. Just lay together and cuddle, be together.” I buried my face in her neck, suddenly aware of how much I loved her, how little I wanted to let her go. Which infinitely scared me, almost to the point of tears, and I never cried. Cally closed her eyes, yawning and stretching her arms out to touch the van door.

“Only if you promise you won’t take advantage of me, John Cornelius O’Callaghan, or I will have to inform your absolutely adorable mother.” Cally laughed, and gently leaned her head on my chest, yawning indefinitely until her eyes closed. “Mmk,” She murmured, and fell asleep in my arms.

I smiled, and carried her up the stairs to my apartment complex, feeling the warm breeze play with Cally’s hair and keep her face gently pressed against my chest. Her arms, warm and thin, were wrapped around my neck. She was adorable as she slept, in the not creepy way. Her features were relaxed, beautiful, and she was just so cute. She began to move as I laid her on my bed, and I curled up beside her, spooning with someone for the first time.

And with Cally, it was perfect.