Status: finished.

Together by This Christmas Tree

epilogue.

There was a bang, a crash and the sound of water exploding from a fire hydrant. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as a long head of blonde curly hair snapped around to see the bright lights, the shining metal. All went black behind vibrant green eyes, bodies crumpling and will fading, heels snapping and skin stretching and a man who could not stop crying.

The scream came after, knees smacking concrete and nice pants ripped open. Scream after scream after scream, and bloody tears and dark eyes. Red sirens and blue lights, lots of yelling and screaming and police pushing people back, demanding order in their strange little world of peace and tranquility, ruined by the body laying motionless on the sidewalk, the safe zone.

He, his pants covered in a cocktail of his blood and hers, was soon pushed back behind the barriers, his pleas and tears ignored as she was loaded onto the stretcher, her face pale and almost blue lips. Concerned voices and whispered wishes that she would be okay, but a better voice telling them, probably not.

And John, well, John just sat there, his heart on the ground and his hands on that ring, no longer aware that he was alive.

And she was gone with only a preamble of sirens and cries, softened by footsteps of a man who had given up.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

okay, so the sequel has been posted, and its called "hesitating and suffocating". go subscribe, and comment! and here's the deal. the current release date for the sequel is February 24th, but for every comment on the sequel only, i will push the release date back a day. sound good?

and finally, thoughts on the ending? what happens next?