Status: Finished

This Christmas

Day 3

I had always enjoyed my room when I was growing up, it was comfortable, that much was for sure and even though I could tell it was late in the morning I snuggled down into the blankets. Pulling the hood up from the hoodie I had stolen from Jordan’s room, I wrap myself in the cocoon of blankets.

I loved beds; I felt like I never got enough sleep and my childhood bed and I were having a rather deep, intimate relationship.

I look around my room noting that my walls were looking a little dull, the color anyways. I doubted I could get my Mom to paint them a brighter blue though. I mean I didn’t live here anymore there was no chance that I was going to get to change this room until I was married.

I mean, Eric and Marc had both gotten larger beds for their old rooms, even though a Queen bed looked ridiculous in Marc’s room especially with all of the posters and sports stuff on his wall. It hardly looked like the room of a married man. At least over the years Eric had removed the unimportant things from his walls like that weird gum wrapper comic collection that he’d had up there since he was twelve.

“Get off you great oaf, you’re laying on my sweater, no don’t give me that look.” Lindsay’s muffled voice comes through the wall of the room beside mine. I snort, closing my eyes. Lindsay and I had been pretty close when we were younger but eventually seemed to grow out of each other, she and Marc eventually seemed to become one entity and yeah, we were still best friends in a way but we both had different interests.

I hear some stomping as one of the giants I was related to runs up the stairs and it was only about 5 seconds before I heard my bedroom door bang open and a large, heavy object landed right on top of me, the air in my lungs coming out in one big woosh.

“Oh, cuddle time!” the voice of Jordan makes me wince as I shift him towards the wall fighting to get my breath back. “Mom made lunch, I told her I’d come get you, bring your laptop up.”

“Thanks, Jord” I thank him with a grunt cracking one eye open to see him looking up at ceiling, my laptop clutched to his chest.

“I used it to check my e-mail, I know you don’t like us on your computer…”
“It’s fine” I mumble snuggling back into my bed, now closer to my brothers side. Oddly enough Jordan and I were probably the closets. Sure I was close with all my brothers but Jordan and I were just the most a like, even though I was Marc’s twin it was always Jordan that I seemed to go to, or get into trouble with.

“Anyways, you really shouldn’t leave all your passwords on automatic. I wasn’t aware you talked to Sidney on a regular basis?”

I stiffen under my covers before asking in a very tight voice, “You were reading my e-mails?”

“No, well just the last one, I was just wondering if you were still seeing him.” He ponders making me snort. I had never been seeing the star Canadian. We both actually found the whole idea to be rather humorous because we agreed it would be just too weird. Especially since I acted so much like Jordan. That and I was already seeing someone around the time we became close.
------------------------

”Just take your shirt off Crosby!”
“It’s a bread commercial! I don’t see why I have to take off my shirt, we’re on the ice it’s freezing, that won’t even make sense! I know this was never approved Madison! Don’t lie to me, Staal!”

“Are you the art director here? Are you directing the commercial, is this your vision? I could have put you in the tractor with the old guy. Dempsters can find a new spokes dude, I can call up one of your buddies. I bet Letang would take his shirt off if I asked him to.” I sass crossing my arms and looking up at my brother’s teammate and one of my own pretty good friends.

“It wasn’t in your original script anyways Mads” my assistant mutters as he rolls his eyes. I raise an eyebrow at him. What, if I wanted to change it last minute I could, I feel like more females would buy bread if there was a shirtless Crosby in the commercial. Am I right? Of course I am, sex sells.

My phone goes off and I smile holding a finger up to my assistant and the cameraman before leaving a scowling Sidney Crosby standing on the ice with his stick.

“Hello, Handsome. Miss me yet?”
“Actually, yes. But the annoying man child wants to know where his sweater is and if you accidently washed it with our laundry.”

“Last I saw it he was throwing it on the couch, because he unlike some people know how to remove their clothing!” I say loudly giving a pointed look over to Sidney who had his arms crossed now and was glaring slightly. He’d no doubt be telling Jordan about this as soon as he could.

“Who are you trying to get naked now? Should I be jealous?”
I hum into the phone, “Only if you’re jealous of Crosby’s abs, he’s not very co-operative though.” I sass knowing the Pittsburgh Captain could hear me just fine.

“Well as long as he’s not co-operating, I have a question though. You staying with me in North Carolina, or at Eric’s? I know you haven’t mentioned…”

“Ummmm”, I think for a minute before gesturing for my assistant to continue with out me. Sidney could keep his shirt on, I was mostly teasing anyways. I knew a few girls back at the office would be bummed. They were pretty certain if anyone could convince him out of his shirt it would be me.

“I’d say probably Eric’s, I want to see Parker and Tanya’s pretty pregnant. I think I can brave their couch for a night. How about I’ll stay with you the second night. If we can have the place to ourselves that is…” I suggest lowering my voice, hoping he caught my drift.

He laughs. “Anything for you, and I like the sound of that. I’ll let you go now. Don’t make Crosby get a restraining order or anything.” He jokes.

“Oh I’ll try not to,” I reply sarcastically, before saying a quick goodbye and hanging up.

“Alright, Sidney. Looking good, even though you’re still clothed!”
“I’m definitely telling Jordan you’ve been sexually harassing me!” he shouts back from center ice.

------------------------

“And what else did you learn from my e-mails since you’re being so open?” I question tiredly.

“Same old, you work a lot and your future mother-in-law wants to know when she should send-“
I jolt up making a grab for my computer as Jordan sits up just as quick rolling over the top of me taking my laptop with him.

“Mad’s is getting married, Mad’s is getting married!”
“What are you, five!? Keep your voice down, they might hear you!” I hiss my feet hitting my bedroom floor as my brother holds the laptop up in the air towering over my head. I always hated how tall he was; they all got the giant gene. I was pretty tall but I was nowhere near tall enough to reach anything when they held it out of my reach. Being 5”6 sucked.

“Is this what you were so happy about when you stayed with me a few weeks ago?” he asks grinning as I blush.

Nervously I reach into my jewelry box and pull out my ring from where I had to store it for the night. It was a beautiful ring, white gold, diamonds; it was perfect in every single way. I hadn’t really noticed what it looked like until a few days after the proposal, I knew it was sparkly and pretty but I hadn’t inspected it my focus being on him and I regretted nothing.

“Oh, Mads.”
“I know, he’s so good to me Jord, he really is. I love him so much. Please don’t be mad, I was going to tell you all soon, but we started dating and then it was just never the right time to mention it, and then Craig was born and I didn’t want to steal Eric’s thunder and I..”

“Woah, calm down. I’m not mad, are you kidding? Shocked seeing as I kind of thought you were secretly dating Sidney all this time… but wow. My big sister.. getting married? I never-“
“Can we just hug and get it over with?” I interrupt him as he tries to find words. Never have a hockey player try to make a long speech; you’ll be waiting awhile.

Jordan laughs and scoops me up into his arms making me squeal. I laugh loudly causing Marc to poke his head into my door and give us a confused look before shaking his head and walking away. I knew it was only a matter of time before I had to tell him, and he was the one I was most worried about.

My twin brother. My other half as others referred to him as. Didn’t know I was dating anyone, and I certainty didn’t mention my engagement. Even if I was the one he always came to with everything. I kind of felt like I was betraying him a bit. I’d have to tell him soon that much was for sure.

“So… does anyone else know cause if I can’t talk about this I’m just going to scream about it at dinner.” Jordan tells me setting me back down on the ground. I pull away and slip the ring onto my finger briefly before slipping it back off and putting it in my pajama pocket.

“Eric knows, I’ve been avoiding him a bit though, he doesn’t know who yet like you do. I think he’s got a pretty good idea, I mean they do know each other and he did introduce us so…”

Jordan’s eyes dance as he smirks down at me before turning on his heel and walking out of the room. I didn’t want to know what he was up to.
♠ ♠ ♠
22 subscribers and 2 reviews. This makes me sad, I'm going to have to start holding the chapters hostage in exchange for reviews. How about since this is chapter 3, I get 3 before the next update? It only takes a moment, tell me what you like etc. If something made you laugh. Enjoy!