Status: Finished

This Christmas

Day 8

Sitting on my bed I flip through a few bridal magazines that I had smuggled home, trying to get some things done. It was kind of hard to plan a wedding in secret, not that I was really planning much but I had the general idea of what I wanted and he was happy to let me do what I wanted. I wasn't demanding and we both wanted simple. We didn't need this to become some big hoopla that was broadcasted while fan-girls slept in tents outside.

I could see it now girls sleeping outside the church with pepper spray to attack me with and dressed in their own wedding dresses to take my place. It was rather amusing.

We did not want that.
Even if I insisted that it would be pretty amusing to see.
He had just given me an un-amused look before tackling me onto the couch.

Hearing a knock on the side of my door I look up seeing my Mom standing there with a laundry basket, I wave her in, moving a pillow to cover the magazine.

"How's the wedding planning going?"
Apparently it didn't help.

"Wh-how! Mom!" I whine. Laughing she sets down the laundry basket moving to sit down beside me on my bed.
"He called us you know, before he did it. Said he knew that we didn't know much about him but we should know that he loved you and asked our permission. Sounds like a nice boy, though I'm sure I speak for your Dad as well when I say it would be nice to actually meet him sometime soon."

Forgetting her request I flop back onto my bed with a groan, "You couldn't have told me? I was up for hours last night after talking with Marc thinking about how I was going to break it to you guys. That's just mean!"

"Well that’s what you get for hiding away a fiancé, honey."
"I didn't hide him anywhere, he's at home," I sass feeling my laundry suddenly unloaded on my face.

"I want him here as soon as possible, Madison. Especially if you plan on getting married anytime in the near further."

"But-"
"No, and tell Jared. Your brothers were all talking about it this morning before he walked downstairs so he's knows something is up."

I swear under my breath moving to pick up the magazine again, I had completely forgot about Jared. I knew he wouldn't be made but he'd pull the 'Why do I know everything last because I'm the youngest' and try to guilt me.

Smiling I grab my phone off of my bedside table and unlock the screen before quickly scrolling through my contacts. I could call home, tell him to come here and we could spend Christmas together. It wasn’t too short of notice he should be able to get a flight. Right?

I wait for what seems like forever before a familiar voice answers.
“Yo, yo, yo. How’s the great white North?”

“And you are in our apartment because…” I trail off, laughing slightly. My fiancé’s best friend scoffs into the phone. “Answering your phone because some people are napping still and I’ve come to wake their ass up?”

“Sounds reasonable, tell him to call me later eh?”
“Oh god, Eh? You are so Canadian!” he laughs. I roll my eyes and hang up without bothering to say goodbye. I could argue with him forever if I really wanted to, we got along well but we had that kind of bickering sibling relationship.

With a smile I set my phone a side and go back to my magazine. I’d find Jared later.
------------------------

”Come one,” I moan, “I got in late last night. Why are you poking me? Stop being mean.”

A muffled chuckle sounds from beside me as I snuggle deeper into the blankets, blindly moving my hand around trying to locate a pillow to pull over my head. He pokes me once more and I swat my hand in the direction it came from my hand landing on a hard square/

“Ouch, are you setting booby traps in our bed now?” I question into the mattress, grabbing at the box with my left hand and bringing it towards me, clutching it to my chest.

“Mine now, you’re not getting this back” I tell him rolling to the other side so my back was facing him. I feel the bed shift and a quick kiss dropped onto my temple.

“I hope you don’t give it back,” he says quietly nuzzling his nose against the side of my head. I crack an eye open at the display of affection. He must have done something.
“Are you trying to bribe me?”
“Perhaps,” he laughs. Dramatically I sigh and make a big show out of turning over and opening my eyes locking mine with his almost instantly.

“Alright, alright. Let’s see what we got here…Oh my,” I gasp looking down at the Tiffany blue box that was in my hand. Tears spring to my eyes almost instantly as his hands close over mine and gently remove the box before popping it open.

I look back up to his nervous face as he offers me a smile, taking me hand in his. I feel a ring slipping onto my left hand.
“Marry me,” he breaths cupping my cheek in one of his hands as the other still holds my left hand, his thumb rubbing back and forth along my ring finger.

I don’t hesitate, not even for a moment. Stealing my hand away from his I fling both arms around his neck tackling him backwards into the bed kissing him soundly on the lips before pulling away with a grin. “Yes! Yes! Of course I will!”

------------------------


“Hello? Wow, you’re really out of it.”
“What?” I ask looking up at Jared unable to keep the stupid smile off of my face at the memory of my engagement.

“Stop looking at me like that… dinner’s ready.” He says inching out of the room. I grin wider at him just to creep him out further as he turns rolling his eyes at me.

“Jare, Jare-bear, J-man, Jared. You love me right?” I question hopping out of bed and latching onto my brother side. I was wearing my ring now; maybe I should just yell it out? It’s Jared he wouldn’t care wither way.

“I already got you a Christmas present, just because you guys got me a car doesn’t mean I’m going shopping again.”
“How-d you know!” I gasp following him down the stairs, I knew Marc couldn’t keep a secret to save his life. Why did we trust him with the barn keys?

“Jordan told me, we took it out for a drive last night while you and Marc were making sundaes in the kitchen.”

My jaw drops, Jordan! What a traitor, it was his idea to hide it in the barn too that little twerp! I stop on the last step and jump onto Jared’s back making him stumble a bit, “You are going to act surprised, this was Eric’s idea and he’ll be hurt if he knows you know! Marc too! He’s been moving that thing around every time we even think about going out to the barn!”

Jared laughs deeply moving me further up on his back before spinning around on the spot a few times making me squeal. I really did love all my brothers, but a girl always had a spot in her heart for her youngest even if he was taller, often more sarcastic and currently trying to deposit her on the floor.

I wrap my legs around his waist tightly and my arms stay locked around his chest and neck. “Mads, let go!”
“Not until you agree!” I demand tightening my hold as the door-bell rings. I frown; I had forgotten that Tanya’s parents were coming over for dinner tonight. That definitely put a damper on my current activity.

“You have to let go, I have to answer the door!”
“Never!” I yell into his ear, he shakes his head and swats back at me which I duck as he reaches over opening the door, trying to stand up straight and look presentable. Something that was impossible with me on his back.

“Hey, everyone’s in the…what are you doing here?”
I pop my head over his shoulder in an instant, that was not how one talked to Tanya’s parents. Well unless they brought that annoying younger cousin of hers with them. She was an annoying little twat who followed Jared around like a lost puppy, well a horny lost puppy and I wouldn’t blame him at all for his reaction.

My eyes lock with the man on the front step and I fall off of Jared’s back and onto the floor with a loud thump.

“Are you okay?” He asks worriedly stepping into the house and scooping me off the floor almost all in one motion. Jared stands looking between us with his jaw dropped as I brush my pants off looking up at my fiancé with a large smile.

“What are you doing here?” I ask him snaking my arm around his neck, he brings his hands down on my waist pulling me towards him our foreheads now touching.

“Alright!” Jared interrupts, our connection broken as his hands come between us, pulling me away towards him. “Someone explain to me what’s going on.”

He never was the smartest.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised here's an update! 6 reviews before the next one! I know the anticipation is killing some of you so stay tuned for the next chapter! All will be reviled as we are now only a few chapters away from the end!