Status: Finished

This Christmas

...Day 8

At the first moment I couldn't really decide what I thought was going to happen. There was a lot of staring happening and sometimes with my family that was the better reaction. They snapped out of it quickly and almost as if it was planned Jordan's fork dropped onto his plate at the same moment my Mom flew out of her seat, a large smile on her face as she move to greet her soon to be son in law.

I sigh in relief as I seat myself as she guides Jonathan to a seat by my father who he was now shaking hands with. I couldn't help it though the smile on my face was almost cracking my cheeks. Marc squeezes my shoulder and I give him a smile.

I was stupid for not sharing my news sooner, with a family like mine what did I really expect would happen other then true acceptance?

"I don't know man, Chicago's quite a stretch… you see if she married Crosby at least she'd be-"
"For God sakes, Jordan! You can't just pimp you sister out!"
"No, he's got a point, Mom.."
"Eric!"
"I'm just saying! At least she'd be around one of us, not that you're not a good guys Toews but what if.."

I take that back.
They're all idoits.

----------------------


"You're pretty lucky I didn't catch on when I called the apartment" I tease, closing my bedroom door behind us. The rest on the night had gone pretty great, he of course had managed to more or less charm everyone, even Jordan who admitted that maybe me marrying Crosby wasn't his best idea ever.

"Okay, I'll admit it. I just want to sleep in sometimes and if I have to use my sister to do it, then so be it.

"Kaner was still there? He left with me, what could he possibly…forget it" Jonathan laughs shaking his head. I smirk and walk over to him quickly allowing him to gather me up in his arms. This was where I felt safe, this is where I felt most at home now adays and I never wanted that feeling to go away.

"I missed you" he breaths into my neck, I nod and burrow my face into his shoulder just allowing him to hug me. Allowing myself to feel him, and appreciate the fact he was here.

There was no question, I was marrying Jonathan Toews, the best decision I ever made in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
A long time I know! I'm so sorry! I'm going to slowly start updating this again, hopefully it will be done soon. And I also want to get my Sidney Crosby story finished so look for updates with that soon!