Status: Finished

This Christmas

& this is the end.

"I think I'm going to throw up," I moan trying to put my head between my knees. The silk robe I was wearing rides up my thighs and I ignore the groans from my brothers in the room. Well try to ignore them, it hadn't been working very well.

"Dude, chill" Jared orders from my left, I groan to let him know that wasn't going to happen as my head begins to spin slightly. I had been feeling shitty all morning and I was sure jet-leg was suppose to disappear after a few days. I was used to the time difference now, I just could understand what this was, there was no way I was this nervous.

"Don't tell her to chill," Marc scolds as I feel him sit down next to me his hand rubbing my back.
"It's perfectly normal to be nervous," Eric offers sounding so wise and smug I wanted to walk over and smack him. He'd been slightly patronizing since he got off the plane here in Hawaii, I was about ten minutes away from taking my oldest nephew hostage until the end of this nightmare was over.

I look up shooting a glare at my oldest brother before allowing my eyes to roam the room to where Jordan was sitting with his feet up eating a bunch of grapes as if he didn't have a care in the world.

"Hey! You're her man-of-honor, shouldn't you be honoring her or something. The fuck you doing over there resting?" Marc barks beside me startling our younger brother who allows himself to look slightly guilty as he set his feet on the floor blushing slightly. He had beat Jonathan and I, had gotten married a few weeks ago, literally coming from his honeymoon to our destination wedding which had been thrown together on a whim when Jonathan and I decided screw all the planning and waiting.

The sad thing was I could elope without my brothers, I tried, honestly had and then just decided on bringing Marc not wanting to steal Jordan's thunder. Then Marc told Jared who wanted to come, and then Jared told Mom and Dad over the phone when asking for money, and then Tanya heard from my Mom, telling Eric who somehow got a hold of Jordan who had literally just walked off a plane.

That's how they all arrived together, yesterday only a day before Jonathan and I had planned to have a small ceremony with only us, Marc and Lindsey, and Patrick and his girlfriend.

Jordan had complained of course about Marc's 'best man' like position and all four of them had ended up having some Hawaii version of a shoot out with a coconut and random driftwood they had found on the beach.

"If she doesn't get married I can always hook her up with-"
"Give it up man, you don't even play for Pittsburgh anymore" Jared laughs, making Jordan pause. "Skinner, we could hook her up with Skinner, Jeff's a nice-"
"Jordan!" I gasp trying not to laugh.

"I think what Jordan's trying to say is… We got your back, and if you want to change you mind I'll even drive you to the airport" Marc soothes.
"I'll get your bags-"
"-I'll book a ticket"
"-and I'll make sure Jordan doesn't drag you to Crosby or Jeff's house" Eric says with a small smile making me laugh.

Standing up I pull Marc from the couch and usher all my brothers into the centre of the room trying to start a group hug. Arms being shoved, and five very unsuccessful minutes later I give Jared a shove on the shoulder before walking over to the bathroom where my light and flawy, white gown was hanging on the back of the door.

Pah, unhelpful little shits.

--------------------


20 minutes and some dry heaving later I managed to get to the beach. It was hard to believe that only months ago I was nervously sitting in my childhood home worried about breaking the news to my family. I could see it now, though, how it was worth it.

I grasp my Dads arm tighter as he walks me towards Jonathan who was wearing a white button up shirt, it was light and a few buttons were undone, he look perfect. I was choosing to ignore the fact he was wearing tan Bermuda shorts and flip flops.

His grin widens the closer I get to him and I feel myself speed up the walk, almost pulling my Dad down the aisle. Jordan was standing with my other brothers, large smiles on their faces and I feel my eyes drift between them and Jonathan.

We'd visit my brothers often, especially during the season, I could easily kill two birds with one stone by traveling separately to games when work allowed it. I couldn't believe it was happening though, I was marrying the love of my life, my best friend, pushing the feeling in my stomach down I come to a stop in front of my soon to be husband and allow the vows to commence.

My stomach continues to twist and all I can think of, during this moment, a moment I've been waiting for months for was that maybe this Christmas, I'd have some other news to share with my family.

Lord help me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so obviously that was a little rushed, but legit this new mibba is screwing with me took me forever to figure out how to post that. Hopefully it wasn't horrible and I know Jonny boy wasnt a main character but I wanted to capture Maddy's relationship with her brothers.

Now sequel, the ending was just to give it a kick.
Hopefully you enjoyed "This Christmas", even though I didn't finish it before Christmas like planned I did get it done.