Crash

Chapter 2

Crash: Chapter 2

“Go away, Franceschi.” I muttered, not wanting to gain Mrs. Trengrove’s attention. She was almost worse than Ms. Henderson. I have no idea why or what married Mrs. Trengrove. Josh looked at me seriously, moving his gaze from my eyes then to my hands then back up again.

“No,” he stated defiantly,” why are you dating Matt?” I raised my eyebrows in shock and anger, but mostly shock. I scoffed, my eyebrows still raised. “Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because I can and because believe it or not I actually like him?” I asked.

Mrs. Trengrove tapped the desk we shared with her ballpoint pen. “Pay attention you, two. If I catch you again, you’ll get detention. But you two are always used to that aren’t you?” I turned around in my seat, spotting Will and David across the room staring at Josh and me. They were confused, it was clear on their faces. I shrugged at them and David turned around and returned tapping his two pencils on his desk.’ Turn around.’ I mouthed to Will; his camera was in his uniform pocket. Reluctantly he turned around, still eyeing me for a while and going back to taking notes. All the while Josh was still turned towards me, his gaze never leaving my face forcing me to look at him. Mrs. Trengrove was still staring at us from the corner of her eye. Josh leaned over, placed his foot on the edge of my chair and began to untie his shoe and retie it.

“Why? Why now? You’ve never even looked at Matt before. So why now? Why all of a sudden you’re dating Matt and he won’t shut up about you?!” Josh yelled as he stood up and his chair flew backwards and landed on the tiled floor with a loud thud. The metal from the chair reverberating throughout the room, and into my ear drums. Every single thing I had ever done to him built up inside and he couldn’t take it anymore. This was his revenge. I’d get called a slag for this, I knew. Not to my face though. No, never to my face, but behind my back. Because everyone who knew who I was knew that if they ever disrespected me to my face would pay. They would pay greatly.

Mrs. Trengrove had stopped at a halt when Josh started yelling at me. Maybe the two as well ought to have had a contest. Both of them were staring at me; completely and utterly cross, might I say. Mrs. Trengrove’s face turned an impeccable shade of red as the rest of the class watched, Will and David frozen in their seats with wide eyes.

“Detention! Both of you, Mr. Franceschi and Ms. Helyer! Eighth Block!” Mrs. Trengrove whipped back around and began writing down whatever notes we should have copied on the whiteboard. I followed suit and took out a random pen from my rucksack, but Josh had other plans. He stuffed all of his books into his rucksack and left the classroom, much to the discontent of Mrs. Trengrove. I rolled my eyes and continued to jot down whatever notes I was missing. He’s such a drama queen.

Once I was finished copying down the notes, I leaned back in my chair and began to play with my pen. Clicking it repeatedly with a smirk I could see Mrs. Trengrove’s anger quickly resurfacing. With a loud sigh she turned around to face me, placing her hands on my desk, and stared at me hard. “Ms. Helyer, unless you do not want another detention sixth block I would suggest you stop.” I scoffed quietly. “I’m sorry Mrs. Trengrove, but I already have a detention for sixth block. Ask Ms. Henderson if you like.” I muttered, the whole class stared at Mrs. Trengrove and me with amusement and I heard Will choke on laughter. Glancing over at him to make sure he was okay I saw David patting his back, a grin plastered on his face.

The bell rang, signaling fourth block. I headed out of the classroom, my rucksack was no doubt open but was closed by David as he and Will rushed up to me in the halls. “Haha! Oh you little bugger, you! Pissed her off real good you did!” David exclaimed, excited as always. He tapped his two pens against the top of my head affectionately. David’s the drummer of the group, always has two pens in his hand tappin out a beat. Musically inclined, he is.

“So, what’s this about you and Matthew? Didn’t know he tickled your fancy. Remind you of your dad, maybe? They both like Bob Marley, I guess that’s it.” David stated, obviously confused about the whole Matt and me being a couple ordeal. I let out an exasperated sigh. I’m not usually one for dating, which may be the reason why everyone’s so flabbergasted. But honestly! Can’t I have a boyfriend? Is it against the law? Is the queen going to come after me with her damned swans?!

I stopped at a halt and stared at David. I didn’t even care if we were late to Mr. Hendrickson’s class and I’m pretty sure it was thoroughly freaking him out. “Why can’t I have a boyfriend? Is there something so wrong with me having a boyfriend? I really do like Matt, even if it doesn’t seem like it. You know how I am; I’m conservative about my feelins.” I trailed off, shooting him an apologetic glance. Though I was pretty sure he was tired of me lookin at him for so long. David made a noise that was a mix between a scoff and a chuckle. “Sometimes.” He teased back, going back to normal.

“Sometimes!” Will and I laughed together; Will was no doubt recording the three of us walkin down the halls. This was a normal day for us, you know. Without Franceschi blowin up in my face in English.

I grinned as I grabbed their hands and tugged on them. “Come on, then! The late bell rang a couple seconds ago! Don’t want Mr. Hendrickson to be cross at us, too!” And we dashed down the halls, not a care in the world. But that’s how it should be. And it’ll get even better with Cassie back with us after our AP History class.

School uniform