Crash

Chapter 5

Crash: Chapter 5

“Wait. Recap, please?” Will asked cutely, my huge penguin plushie pressed against his chest and petting it. His knees keeping the plushie in place. Will was sitting on one of the bean bags he brought up from the basement. A lime green bean bag. His grey beanie was falling off his head, messing up his light brown hair. David was sitting on a chair near my laptop, drumming two pencils he found against the desk. He was wearing some ripped skinny jeans and a Metallica tee. Cassie was lying on my bed with her boots on, playing with my already solved rubix cube. Her hair was up in a messy bun, she was too lazy to wash her hair today. She wore a plain tank top and one of my hoodies she stole from my closet and some shorts, she also stole from my closet. I didn’t mind, I’d steal some of her hats later.

I huffed from my spot on my body pillow that’s usually on my bed. I’ve had to repeat myself so many times I’ve lost count. I was so close to just giving up.. I glared lightly at Will, knowing he wasn’t paying attention anyway. “Well, I’m pretty sure Cassie already told you guys about Franceschi seeing me in my knickers, yeah?” Everyone stopped what they were doing. I hadn’t mentioned this bit before, thinking they already knew about it. Obviously, I thought wrong. David whistled, clearly in shock. Will pouted in my direction, slight hurt in his eyes.

“I haven’t even seen you in your knickers and I’m gay! Am I not worthy?” I snorted and crossed my arms. “I didn’t purposefully stand there in my knickers and uniform shirt just so he can have a peak! I forgot he was in Max’s room when I went to go get a pair of pants from Max. You know we share pants sometimes.” I reasoned, not wanting them to get the wrong idea and tell Matt. That’d be horrible, I just went on another date with him yesterday.

He was talking about how the band needed a new drummer. Joe’s absolute rubbish, I’m pretty sure Franceschi could play the drums better than that piece of lard could. I was about to suggest David but I wasn’t sure if he would want to go. I mean, he’s pretty lazy. Plus, his mum would kill me and then him and then me again. She doesn’t particularly like my not so squeaky clean record. I have another person in mind though, he’s not shit I know that, but I don’t know if they’ll take him seriously. He’s kinda…chav-y-ish. I don’t know, the guys should give him a chance. And then keep him forever. Yeah, I like that idea.

“Well anyway. Yeah Franceschi saw me in my knickers for maybe 10 seconds. Then I called Cassie, changed, yadda yadda yadda. I went over to his house, met his mum. His mum’s sweet, I don’t know how that boy is hers. So then I talked to his mum about the band while he called Elissa. Who’s his sister. I never knew that Franceschi had a sister. Did you guys?” I asked. The three of them froze like a deer in headlights. They each continued to do their own thing, but refused to look me in the eye.

Guilty. So I was the only one kept in the dark about Elissa. Thanks. Max could at least have mentioned her. Or maybe he did and I just tuned it out because I heard the word Franceschi. Cassie snapped me back to reality. Not literally though, she was too busy avoiding my eyes. ” Well, uh, yeah. I mean sometimes we go to her gigs. You know because she’s like a triple threat. She can play piano, guitar, and sing. Josh usually tells me whenever she has gigs. I never asked if you wanted to go cause, you know, you don’t exactly get along with Josh. So I usually bring the guys, you know, so I don’t have to go alone.” She mumbled while she rung her hands and wrists together.

“I’ll bring you next time! I promise!” She looked up quickly and mumbled once again. That’s how she is, she never intends to actually hurt any of us. I smiled and snorted softly. “It’s okay. I just wanted to know, no reason to make a big deal about it, yeah?” Cassie nodded reluctantly. My voice firmed itself with authority. “So don’t, okay love? You worry too much. I swear it’s your mum’s fault. She’s always frustrating you. That woman needs to lay off. Honestly” I breathed out, beginning to get a headache.

I carried on with the story though, knowing Will would bother me about it later on. ” So! When Franceschi called Elissa he found out she had a gig in half an hour and couldn’t come over to soothe my..er…problems. So he put me on the phone. I explained to her the…situation, and she told Josh what to do. Which was basically make me a cup of hot chocolate with cinnamon and then make me tea a little while after. And then I was better and I left and went home. And then I played a bunch of World of Warcraft. Yup, I think that’s it.” I trailed off, pretty sure that was all that went on at Franceschi’s house. After a while David piped up. “If that’s all that happened then why the hell are we here?”

I stared at my tan and white walls. ” I don’t know. Leave.” I muttered back, lying down to look at my ceiling full of pictures of Max and I. “Okay, c’mon Will. Let’s go…uh… not be here.” And the two left, but not before Will wacked me in the face with the penguin plushie and kissed me on the forehead then did the same to Cassie.

I rolled over on my side, looking at Cassie who was still playing with my Rubix cube. ” Cassie, Matt looks Asian.” She side glanced at me and snorted. “He’s your boyfriend, not mine. He’s probably Eurasian or something. You know?” I nodded in understanding and hugged her slightly then pushed her away and off of my bed. Cassie fell on the floor with a dull thud. I heard her complain slightly from the floor as I spread out on my bed. “My bed, mofo.”

Abby's outfit
Cassie's outfit