Status: Short-story ft. Brian Haner jr.

From Paris with Love

Chapter 2: From Paris With Love

Image

Jenna sighed quietly as she glanced over at Brian's sleeping form, smiling a little before glancing around her. His clothes were still strewn across the room and the covers hung part way off the bed, the other half still covering him slightly. The smile quickly faded from her lips though as she glanced down at the small piece of paper in her hand, walking over to the bed and placing it on the pillow next to him. She leaned down and kissed his cheek gently before returning to her bags, picking them up and giving one last glance over her shoulder before she left the room. Making her way downstairs to where Matt was waiting by the door.

"You positive about this?" He asked. Jenna just simply nodded and Matt opened the door. He knew that once his sister made up her mind about something there was no turning back, so he just went along with it. After loading her stuff into the car they started their journey to the airport. The ride was quiet for the most part, the only noise filling the car being the music that was coming from the radio.

"I'm sorry I'm leaving early." Jenna said quietly as they neared the airport. Matt just shrugged, it really wasn't a big deal to him. He knew his sister was going through a bit of a rough patch and needed to get away for awhile to clear her head. He was the exact same way sometimes.

"Don't worry about it Jen." He replied as they pulled into the parking lot at the airport. "You still got to be here for my birthday and that's all that matters to me. Now you just need to take sometime to go deal with whatever is goin' on in that head of yours." He ruffled her hair slightly as she swatted at his hand.

"Thanks Matty." She replied as she hugged her brother. She really did appreciate the fact that he was helping her out.

"No need to thank me." Matt chuckled. "You're not the one who gets to go home and deal with an overly emotional Brian." He rolled his eyes and Jenna frowned slightly at the thought. "Hey," Matt said as he grabbed his sisters face gently and turned her so she was looking at him. "Don't worry about it right now ok? He'll be fine." He kissed her forehead gently before getting out of the car and helping Jenna with her things as they entered the airport.

Jenna got her ticket and after saying goodbye to her brother, she sat and waited to hear the gait number for her flight be called. Her mind drifting off to thoughts of Brian and how he'd react when he awoke to find her gone...possibly for good this time.

************

Meanwhile, Brian woke to find that Jenna was no longer by his side. Instead he found a note on the pillow next to him, a simple 'I'm sorry' scrawled across the paper in Jenna's beautiful handwriting. Brian knew that could only mean one thing. Jenna had left. He crumpled the paper in his hands and tossed into the trash before climbing out of bed and getting dressed. It was dark outside and the house was quiet as he made his way into the kitchen where Matt was sitting at the table reading the paper.

"When did she leave?" Brian asked quietly as he sat down at the table, catching Matt's attention as he set the paper down and looked up at his friend.

"A couple hours ago." Matt responded with a sympathetic look. He knew how his best friend felt about his sister and in all honesty he felt really bad at the moment. Since he'd been the one who took her to the airport and all.

"Do you know where she went?" Brian asked hopefully. Matt shook his head.
"No." He replied solemnly. "She wouldn't tell me...she just bought a plane ticket and left." Brian nodded as he stared down at the table. A million things running through his mind all at once. "Brian?" Matt spoke again, causing his friend to glance up. "What are you gonna do about Michelle?" He asked. Brian just simply shrugged.

"There's nothing left to do Matt." He stated. "It's been over between her and I for quite sometime now." Matt chuckled slightly as he nodded.

"I know man, how you gonna tell her though?" Matt's question caused Brian to sigh heavily. "Well I suppose it's better to do it in person, right." He mumbled as he stood up from the table.

"Good luck, you're gonna need it." Matt called after Brian as he made his way to the front door. Brian rolled his eyes but stopped to respond before he left.

"Hey Matt?" He called over his shoulder, watching as his best friend appeared in the doorway. "You'll let me know if you hear anything from Jenna, right?" Matt just simply nodded as his friend turned and exited his house. Off to tell his soon to be ex-girlfriend that it was over between them, and all because he had slept with none-other than his best friends sister. His other ex, the one girl he's loved for as long as he can remember.

************

Jenna sighed as her plane touched down on the runway. Waiting the appropriate amount of time before the passengers were allowed to de-board the plane, most going off in search of their luggage. Jenna only brought one bag though, the same things she had taken to her brothers now accompanied her to her random trip to Paris. She could have easily gone back to New York but she chose not to. She needed time away to think about what she was going to do, would she stay with Derek, would she even tell him about what happened between her and Brian on her trip back to her hometown? And what about Brian, what was she going to do about that situation? She knew he had a girlfriend, and if what they did the night before ruined his relationship with her? She'd never be able to forgive herself. But she'd come to except the fact long ago that Brian would probably be a lot better off with Michelle. Sure her and Michelle had never gotten along in high school and it sucked knowing that she would pounce the second she found out that Jenna and Brian were no longer together, and that's exactly what happened.

Jenna sighed to herself, shaking all thoughts from her head as she stepped out of the airport and into the warm summer air that Paris had to offer. She sighed as she took in her surroundings, contemplating her next move. She didn't have any money for a place to stay, or even get a cab for that fact. The most she knew is that she had a friend from high school that lived here in Paris and that no matter what, her friend would definitely give her a place to stay if needed. Even if they hadn't seen each other in what seemed like forever, she knew she was always welcome if she ever needed a place to get away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this one was kinda short...didn't really know what to do for the second part :/