Status: Short-story ft. Brian Haner jr.

From Paris with Love

Chapter 3: Don't Ever Let It End

Image

It had been nearly two months since the last time anyone saw Jenna. Matt and Jimmy had talked to her a few times before their next tour started up, they never could manage to get it of her where she was though. Matt can still remember the panicked call he got from Jenna's now ex fiancee when she didn't come home like she was supposed to. Jenna hadn't even bothered to call him to say that she wasn't coming home.

Brian was clearly a mess. Since Jenna left and he broke up with Michelle, the only thing he's done is stay at home and sulk. He refuses to go out with the guys, he doesn't even bother to look at other girls anymore. Everyone can really see how much this has really affected him. And to be honest it was really starting to weigh on everyone else as well, especially with them being back out on tour now and having to deal with Brian's pouty attitude. It's getting to the point where everyones had enough. It wasn't until their show in New York that everything finally hit home and everybody lost it.

"I'm not doing this, I can't do this!" Brian nearly yelled as he flopped down on the sofa like a three year old who was having a tantrum.

"For fucks sake Brian, grow up!" Matt yelled back. "We all miss her dude, but this is fucking stupid man! You wanna cancel a show? And all because you MISS my sister?!" Brian didn't respond to his friends outburst. He knew that he was acting stupid but he couldn't help it. Not hearing from her was tearing him apart inside. He never should have let her walk away the first time.

"Jesus Christ Brian, are you even listening to a word I'm saying?" Matt barked, snapping Brian from his thoughts and back into reality.

"What are you my mother?" Brian rolled his eyes and ignored the fact the Matt was nearing his boiling point in this argument.

"Come on Bri, don't be this way." Zacky said as he stepped into the room. "We all miss her man."

"That's not the point." Brian snapped. "You don't miss her like I do." Zacky just nodded. Everyone knew how Brian still felt about Jenna, but this was just ridiculous!

"Grow the fuck up and get over it Brian!" Matt snapped before turning on his heel to leave, but not before he stopped to say one last thing. "You know as well as we do, that she's not coming back Brian. So you should just get over it and move on." That was all it took to finally push Brian over the edge as he stood swiftly from the couch and lunged at Matt. Each man getting in a few good swings at each other before their friends finally managed to pull them off of each other.

"ENOUGH!" Jimmy finally shouted over all the arguing, the room falling silent as everyone stared up the blue eyed man that was currently holding Matt back from beating the crap out of Brian. Seeing Jimmy angry wasn't something that happened often, so when it did, you shut up and listened. "You're both acting like a couple of three year old's! You both should know better." Both men muttered as they looked around the room, still avoiding eye contact. "Matt, if Brian wants to act like a fucking baby and sulk over his ex then let him! And Brian...you know what, I don't even have words for you right now." Brian dropped his head at his friends comment, relaxing enough that Johnny and Zacky released him from their grip as he slumped back onto the couch.

"I'm sorry." His apology was muffled as he buried his face in his hands. "I just- It's hard."

"And we get that." Jimmy said as he released Matt, shooting a glare at him as he stepped towards Brian. "We're aware that you still love her man, and we're aware that you're taking this pretty hard not hearing from her and all. And with being in New York now and what not." He allowed his words to trail off as he sat down, placing a hand on Brian's shoulder. "We get it." Brian nodded as he looked up at his best friends, before standing and picking up his guitar.

"Maybe it is time for me to let go." Brian stated quietly as he stood there awkwardly, waiting for the signal that they were on. Jimmy just shook his head as he got to his feet as well as he grabbed his sticks off the table that sat in front of the sofa. Digging through one of his pockets as he did so.

"Here." He said handing Brian a piece of paper.

"What's this." Brian asked as he stared down at the plane ticket his friend had just handed him.

"What's it look like." Jimmy answered. "Your flight leaves after the show."

"She's in Paris?" Brian said more to himself, but Jimmy still answered.

"Yeah and this time, you're not letting her get away."Now get your ass out there so we can play, 'cause you are NOT missing that flight!"

************

Brian waited anxiously as his flight touched down in Paris after nearly a 16 hour flight. He held all the information he needed on a small piece of paper that Jimmy had handed to him right before he boarded his plane. And after getting off the plane he immediately hailed a cab, praying that the man knew English as he gave him the directions to where Jenna was supposedly staying.

After about a twenty minute drive, the cab pulled up in front of a small, but nice looking house. Brian had convinced the cab driver to take his American money, since he didn't have anything else to pay him with, and quickly bailed out of the cab. Walking quickly up the short driveway and up the front steps of the house. He took a deep breath and knocked. A few seconds a later a young woman answered the door, looking Brian up and down before calling over her shoulder.

"Jenna, you have a visitor." She gave Brian a soft smile before closing the door part way, opening it again a few moments later as Jenna appeared taking the woman's spot.
"Brian." Jenna breathed as she stared up at him in shock, stepping out onto the front porch as she closed the door behind her. "What are you doing here?" She questioned. Brian didn't even know where to start, and he had to swallow hard to get the lump that resided in his throat to go away.

"I came here to apologize Jen." Brian stated as he rubbed the back of his neck out of habit.

"Apologize for what?" She asked feeling confused.

"For everything." Brian replied. "I- I never should have let you walk away Jenna. It was stupid of me not to support you in wanting to go to New York and follow your dream...you were there to support me with mine after all." Jenna nodded. "And to be honest, I've been nothing but a miserable ass since you up and left almost two months ago...it's been killing me.

"I know." Jenna stated quietly. "And I feel terrible...I should be the one apologizing." Brian shook his head at her response.

"No, you haven't done anything wrong Jenna." Brian took a deep breath as he pulled her into a hug, sighing in relief as Jenna hugged him back tightly. "I'm sorry Jen." He whispered quietly. "I love you, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart." Jenna felt the tears begin to build as he spoke those words she'd longed to hear him say for the longest time now, pulling away slightly as she looked up into his warm brown eyes.

"I love you too Brian, I always have." Brian cracked a small smile as he looked down at the one girl who he knew his heart would always belong to, no matter what. Watching her expression change as he dropped to one knee, taking her left hand in his as he pulled out a small black velvet box from his pocket. "What are you doing?" Jenna gasped slightly as Brian opened the box to reveal the most beautiful ring she had ever seen.

"What I should have done along time ago." Brian smiled up at her. "Will you marry me." Jenna just nodded and watched as Brian slipped the ring onto her finger, standing and pulling her into a passionate kiss. Butterflies exploded in her stomach as his lips touched hers, making her feel as if she were going to float away. He rested his forehead against hers as they pulled away, just staring into each others eyes in the comfortable silence.

"Promise me something?" Jenna asked as Brian pulled her closer.

"Anything babe."

"Don't ever let it end...okay?" She replied and Brian chuckled.

"I wouldn't dream of it love." He smiled before they found themselves lost in another passionate kiss. Holding on tightly, because this time, neither of them intended on letting go.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind cheesy, I know...Still it was fun to write and I hope y'all enjoyed it :)