Larry Grotter and the Half-Inch Wand

Chapter 1

Due to global warming and the green and pink house effect, there was a perfectly normal snow blizzard with a freak snow shower behind it. This snow shower was a freak because as you know, most showers are metal – not infact snow! Larry Grotter was building an igloo because it was, it was his birthday; and nobody liked him, so he had to amuse himself alone, by himself, basically alone. Due to his magical superhero imaginary powers, he was able to complete this task not very quickly and not very efficently. He had lost his helper (his wand) when he bet on cornish rebel, and lost by half an inch; half an inch!!

Larry Grotter was surprising himself by digging under the house and coming up behind the TV. He sat there for a while, listening out for news on more wand races. This was of course a useless feat as wand races are top secret and therefore rarely on national news – let alone the soap that was on telly at the time. Larry heard his adopters (the dreaded Fursleys) talk about a draught behind the TV and he sniggered to himself. His uncle got up to investigate the chill, and Harry quickly got confused about his name when Uncle Jargon shouted,

“Oh by Harry, there’s a giant eel sitting in the hole”.

Larry, remembering his real name, jumped up and bit his uncles’ head off with his super sharp eel bite. He then changed back to his normal self; he now understood while people thought him a bit slippery.

“Larry!” his Aunt Estonia shouted, “How dare you eat Uncle Jargon”.

Larry went orange; he quickly disappeared back down the hole that he had dug. The snow was starting to melt and Larry felt himself slipping back into his fishy side of life. He rummaged deep in his pockets and found a Cheerio cereal bar. He tore the wrapper in a frenzy of hunger,

“hmmmm,” he thought, “...injector”.

Then he blasted out of the ground, searching for something else with more Cheerio’s in.

“CHEERIO!” he yelled to his Aunt Estonia, Cousin Rudley and what was left of Uncle Jargon.

As Larry soared through the air, he reached for the wand he had won in a Christmas cracker years ago. It was half an inch long.

“Spondee pong” recited Larry four times whilst waving the rubber toy at his relatives house. The house quickly turned into a sponge gingerbread house.

“Phewweee” Larry held his nose tightly as he looked down at the house that was giving off an odour of ‘eau de burnt cake’.