Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

hometown heroes; national nobodies

Sometimes it took a long time just to get through Alex's head that no, I don't want you to fix me up with a girl.

He doesn't listen of course, because he's that kind of person. Funnily enough, he still thinks I'm straight and I know I haven't been since freshman year.

Although, I don't want him to know that. I don't want him to judge me because of my sexuality like the many dick heads in our school. Alex means a lot to me. I wouldn't want to lose him.

But it becomes annoying when he tries to set up double dates. It's always awkward when I have to decline.

He looks at me like I'm mad to turn the idea down. I'd think he'd figure it out, but for some reason, he hasn't.

Alex, he isn't just any normal person to me. He's been special ever since I met him. He's my best friend.

You'd think, being best friends, I'd tell him anything and everything. But that's just the thing. I don't tell him anything.

I have so many secrets hiding that he would be astounded if he found out. There's just some things you can't tell people, no matter who they are.

I'm sure he's the same. He's probably hiding things from me, I never question it.

He had something about him though that I didn't particularly like. Of course, you can't like every part of a person, their has to be some tweaks in their personality or they wouldn't be human.

But there's a huge thing about Alex that irritates me. It's not fact that he jokes too much and sometimes can get a tad annoying.

Yes, that's irritating. But what's worse is that he's a total casanova. You know what, he could win the casanova award, if there was such a thing.

He's so vain, always looking into the mirror asking me, "Do I look hot, Jack?"

Does he seriously want me to answer that?

He's been out with so many people I've lost count. He's got all the girls and even the guys basically on their knees begging for his attention.

Just a flick of his fringe, or brief eye contact they turn into a pack of squealing teenagers. Which they are I guess.

They all think he's some kind of god or something. I don't really understand them. I might be gay, but I am in no way attracted to Alex at all.

Like I said, we're best friends. That's never going to change.

To make it worse I have to be around him when this happens. It's exhausting to watch. Many would agree with this, like my friends Rian and Zack for example.

We all agree that his behavior is too much.

He's a heart-breaker. He's never wanted long relationships. It starts off with Alex making the recipient fall for him and then he dumps them without a second thought.

I know it's a nasty thing to say about your best friend, but in this regard he is heartless.

I've talked to him about it. I've mentioned that he should just find a girl to be with and stop messing around. He just rolls his eyes at me, that familiar glint in his eyes.

Alex and I have this rule we have every school morning. Basically, he doesn't knock. He's been around so much that we leave the door open.

We usually drive in his car to school, because he has one, and I don't.

There's always something that goes wrong though. Like today, for example. I have a tendency to fall asleep really late and not wake up until I have not much time left to spare.

So this morning, Alex came into my house, running up the stairs, to find me zoned out on my bed. I was kind of half awake, the state where your just about to wake up, but you really can't be bothered. I heard him snicker, it was faint but it was still there.

"Wakey wakey, Jack," he sniggered, "It's time to get up."

He was over to the side of my bed. I was fully awake now. I grabbed a pillow and stuffed my face in it, not wanting to be woken up. I hadn't completely fully comprehended that it was Alex yet.

"Five more minutes," my voice was muffled.

Alex sighed, folding his arms. He looked around the room before setting his eyes back at me. I heard him giggle and that usually was not a good sign. He leaned down, reached out his hands, and began to tickle me relentlessly.

I'm usually not insanely ticklish, but there's something about the way that Alex's fingers dig in to my sides that made me squeal and kick at him, flailing my arms about.

He kept on laughing the whole way through, finding this situation hilariously funny. When it really wasn't. I managed to nearly punch him as he staggered backwards before my fist connected with his face.

"Watch it!" he exclaimed.

I snorted, planning just to slightly hit him gently. But he took this and assumed that I was going to punch him out of frustration.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me right out of the bed until I was on the floor. I sat up straight and looked up at him. He was already fully-clothed while I was only in pajama bottoms. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Do I really have to go through this every morning?" he asked.

I stood up, agreeing with him that our routine of him dragging me out of the bed every morning was tiresome. But who cares, it was us.

"Yup," I said popping the 'p'.

He shook his head but grinned at me, "Well, you get changed and I'll be out here."

He pointed to the doorway as I nodded. He headed out the door as I closed it behind him. I had a feeling today would be interesting, I had that gut feeling.

I managed to get dressed quickly and do all the essentials as Alex basically ran out the door to his car and started the engine. His car was a simple black convertible, nothing fancy but nothing cheap either.

"Are we meeting the others there?" I asked, talking about Zack and Rian.

Alex shrugged, "I was supposed to pick them up. But I don't feel like it."

Of course, he doesn't feel like it. He's late for not only school, but for flirting with the group of girls before Chemistry.

That's what he really cared about. Zack and Rian would not be pleased to know that their ride had been cancelled just because Alex didn't feel like it.

We drove past Rian's house on the way, I saw Rian step outside his house with Zack soon following.

They saw our car and started walking towards it. As soon as they did this, Alex sped ahead giving them the middle finger salute.

I imagined that when they did see us they wouldn't be so happy. They now had to walk, or even worse, get the bus.

"Oh, Jack, have I got news for you," Alex said excitedly, "I basically got asked out by this girl but she wanted to take her friend along, so I thought maybe you could---"

See what I mean? This sort of thing is a regularly daily basis.

I looked at him and sighed. If only I could tell him I was gay, wouldn't that be so much easier.

"No, Alex. I'm not letting you set me up with some slut," I stared out the window.

Alex gave me a pouty look, "Oh come on, Jacky! This girl is really amazing, so please? I swear I'll owe you forever."

He said this all the time about girls. But the next day he'd be on to another one. Alex always managed to get his way when he called me 'Jacky' before. But it wasn't going to work this time.

"By amazing, you mean big boobs and one night stand right?" I questioned him.

He snorted, keeping his eyes on the road, "Why would you even suggest that?"

"Because I know you Alex. Every person you've been out with hasn't lasted longer than a day. Seriously, can't you at least commit yourself?"

He gave out a strangled sound that meant in his language that he wanted me to shut up. Which I did.

He never liked me talking about relationships with him. He got all antsy about it. I've asked why he'd rather fool around, but nothing. He doesn't tell me everything obviously.

We were outside of the school parking lot. He parked the car and opened the door, grabbing his bag with him. I followed suit as he turned towards me, a smirk on his face.

"It doesn't matter. Because I know that I will always have someone because there is no one who doesn't like me," he said triumphantly.

Here we go again. I slung an arm around his shoulder, grinning.

"Well I can think of many actually who don't like you. Yeah, like the janitor, Mr. Stocks, me. The list goes on and on."

He punched me but not hard enough to bruise, "Oh don't deny it, yeah I agree that those two don't like me, but you do. If you didn't you wouldn't be wrapping your arm around me then?"

I let go of him immediately, narrowing my eyebrows. This is another thing he does. He assumes that everyone likes him.

And when I mean everyone, I mean everyone. Including me. He says things like this a lot.

Yeah, we're closer than normal best friends. But who says we have to be normal? We're spectacular, unique, crazy, ridiculous, but we're closer than anyone I know.

Though when he says things like that I feel like he's doing it deliberately to wind me up.

"You're so full of yourself, casanova," I paused, "And besides I have to put up with you. It doesn't mean I like you."

He didn't seem convinced but he didn't question it. Of course, he'd go on about it later. Alex never seemed to carry it on very much.

He just mentions something like that and then drops it. I just don't want him doing anything promiscuous around me. That would be freaky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, new story :)
Comments=updates
Please don't be a silent reader!
Thanks for reading :D xo