Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

put up or shut up

Everything seemed to have become extremely heated. Jack wasn't trying to shoo me away, he was actually doing this. So what did that mean? Had I actually won this bet? There was something that scared me though, I was really enjoying the feeling of him palming me through my jeans, I couldn't deny that. I wasn't supposed to feel anything for Jack, it was supposed to be the other way around.

He stepped back and away from me and as soon as the contact was lost I wanted to grab him and kiss the living day lights out of him and so much more. I tried to calm myself down, I shouldn't let my best friend make me feel like this. I bit my lip, my eyes trailing to Jack's lips in longing. I shook my head, trying to get rid of those thoughts as Jack leaned closer, so close that I thought he was actually going to fucking kiss me. But oh god, did I want it, I wanted to feel his lips move against mine.

What the fuck is happening to me?

Instead of what I thought would have happened, he leaned down, his mouth ghosting my ear. "I'm sorry, Alex, but that is all you're going to get from me, understand?"

He gave me a smirk before turning around and enjoying the band that we had zoned out. I stared at him in shock, my body shaking from the words he just spoke. I knew what he was doing, he was finally playing this game seriously. He wasn't sitting on the sidelines, he wasn't being an easy target and just made it a hell of a lot more harder. He knew the reaction he had spurred inside of me and now he was using that to his advantages to turn things around. Well, I never thought Jack could be this devious, never in my life.

But that didn't matter to me, this just made it more fun. I could actually enjoy this game properly, it was definitely a challenge now. I wasn't going to give up that easily, this only made me more determined. What was most important, was to forget about that feeling from before, leave it in the back of my mind and abandon it. Because I was only just a bit horny and fuck, I'd probably do anything with anyone if that was the case. So these---whatever it is---doesn't count. Jack has nothing on me.

For the rest of the concert, I acted like a best friend was supposed to. Meaning I didn't do anything that involved trying to sexually harass Jack in anyway. I enjoyed the concert to the fullest and it felt for a second that this bet never happened, that it was only just the two of us having fun at a concert and not plotting against each other. When we came out, Jack seemed to have become a little too over excited and was blabbing on about god knows what to me. It was funny though, I liked this crazy side of Jack.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck. I can't believe it's fucking over," Jack swore profusely not caring about the nasty looks that some people gave us.

I snorted, rolling my eyes. "Language, Barakat."

It's not like I cared either but it was good enough reason to see the expression on his face. He looked like a child that had been told off by their parents, however, it was gone in an instant.

"That's rich, coming from you," he retorted as he strode forwards in the direction of his house.

I don't think he understood that he couldn't just ditch me, I was sleeping over at his house anyways. I quickened my pace so I was now behind him, I didn't say anything (for once which I know is a bit of a shocker) and sooner than anticipated, we were at his house. It was quite late and his parents didn't really seem to notice us coming in, he walked up the stairs to his bedroom. I had been here so many times, but somehow it felt different. I couldn't put my finger on it.

"You can sleep over there," he pointed to the couch that was also in his room.

I stared at it, it didn't look comfortable whatsoever. It seems I wasn't going to get a good sleep tonight. Well that is unless things actually go my way for once.

"Can't I sleep with you?" I asked innocently, not having any ulterior motives behind my words.

Seriously, I actually had no ulterior motives. Although, Jack seemed a bit wary of this and decided to shove me forwards as I fell onto the very hard couch. See I was right, it was uncomfortable.

I propped myself up on my knees and glared at him. He just shrugged and tossed me a bed cover and a pillow. I didn't exactly catch it properly, instead I fell off the couch in the process of being hit by the mass of bed sheets.

Funnily enough, it was probably more cosy on the floor than on that godforsaken stinking couch. I crawled back onto the crouch, trying to find a position that was comfortable and didn't give me a back ache. I sighed, this was going to be a really long night. I didn't have anything to change into, which didn't help at all. So I'm not exactly really extremely organized. So what?

Jack had gotten changed and was already in bed, he leaned over to his light, his fingers trailing over the switch.

"Night, Jacky," I called to him.

He froze in place, almost like he had forgotten I was sleeping in the same room as him. A trace of a smile appeared on his lips. "Night, Alex."

He switched the side lamp off leaving us both in darkness and to the sound of our own breathing....or snoring. You know, I did try my very best to go to sleep but every time I moved the couch would make this irritating squeaking noise.

I stared irritatingly at Jack's direction. I felt so incredibly tired, I'm sure he didn't want me to annoy him tomorrow with me blaming him on my sleep deprivation. So I was kind of doing him a favor, wasn't I? In some sense I was. I stood up, finding my way through the darkness of the room to Jack's bed, I shook him slightly as he groaned at me.

"Jack, I can't sleep," I whispered.

I felt like a little child. Well, it was all his fault anyway.

He whacked my arm away from him, as he rolled over to the other side.

"Jaaaaaaaaack!" I shook him hard as he shot up, his hands fumbling for the light switch as he came to face with me.

Fuck, he looked angry. He looked like he was going to blow a fuse.

I gave him a pleading look hoping he'd finally be nice either that or he could go sleep on the couch. I'd be totally fine with that. He heaved a sigh, seeming to have given in.

"Fine, just don't kick me in your sleep or anything okay?" He moved up as I clambered in.

I don't know what it was but I felt like I was getting myself into big trouble and I was only making it harder for myself to get out of it. If only I knew what was going to happen, then maybe I would have forgotten this bet and just left it alone. But I have always been too stubborn, that was one thing I couldn't change about myself. If only I could have stopped this now then Jack would have been fine. He wouldn't hate me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So far...who do you think will win this bet?
Thanks for commenting:
Jimmy.Sullivan
helen_robo
anna is shameless
Rae M Wakefield
xo <3 thanks so much! I hope to hear from more of you!
Comment&Subscribe?
Don't be a silent reader.