Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

like a bullet shooting the love sick

Did I feel regret when I watched Alex leave? Yes, a little bit. As my front door slammed leaving me to my own silence I could feel an ounce of regret pulling at my heart strings. It was gone in an instant though.

I couldn't believe that Alex was still trying to win the bet. I didn't understand him, there was no way I'd let him do what he likes. Being my best friend he should at least respect me. I was angry with him and I thought maybe he might come crawling back to me apologizing so we can forget all of this. We both know that we can't last a day without each other.

Although, when I came into school the following day after having a very boring weekend without the presence of Alex, he seemed to be angry with me too. What did I do for him to act this way towards me? I was the one who was supposed to be angry here, not him.

He walked to school today with Rian and it seemed that even Rian had been converted to Alex's side. It was common sense that Alex was in the wrong, so why was Rian acting like he hated me too?

"Still in a fight with Alex?" Zack asked from beside me.

I had only noticed just then that he had been standing there. I blinked feeling a bit mean for completely blanking Zack. I shrugged, leaning up against my locker as I watched both Rian and Alex walk past. Zack raised an eyebrow at this and questioned, "Rian doesn't seem very happy as well. What did you do?"

I couldn't believe Alex; I bet he made Rian think that I did something out of order to him thus kicking him out of my house. Although, he left willingly, I didn't force him out. I sighed; I was dreading first period where I would have Rian behind me and Alex sitting on my left. I could already feel the awkwardness now and the bell hadn't even rung.

I chose not to tell Zack about what happened, of course I wanted to but for some reason I didn't.

"Can we get off the topic of Alex?" I asked.

Zack looked like he was about to ask me another question, which I would have definitely have dismissed, but I pulled on his arm so we could walk to class and he finally got the message that I didn't want to talk about it. I had no idea how I was going to act around Alex.

Was avoiding him enough? That wasn't going to be hard given the fact that he didn't want to talk to me either. At least the feeling was mutual.

I was right about our first class though, which happened to be World History, I could feel a 'I want to kill you' aura from Rian behind me without even turning around.

Usually, to pass my time in this boring lesson the three of us would muck about. Now I just feel that I'm being cornered by the angry looks coming from Rian and Alex's nonchalant but pissed off expression.

I turned my head to face him, his eyes seemed to be glued to the teacher but they were glassed over. He was obviously thinking about something. Oh what would it be like to get into the mind of Alex? I really wanted to know what he was thinking about.

An object hit me on the head, stopping my train of thought as I looked around at Rian, who obviously chucked it. He had thrown a scrunched up piece of paper and he was signalling now with his hand to open it.

I did as I was told, my eyebrows rising when I read the words that were scribbled rather messily on the paper.

You fucktard. Do you have any idea what you've done to Alex?

What has Alex said to him, seriously? He always manages to get everyone to believe anything he says. Alex just has to be right, everyone should believe him. I was irritated by this; Rian should hear my side of the story as well before jumping to conclusions.

I wrote back, throwing it back at Rian. I basically told him what Alex said to me about still keeping the bet and how he was so keen on wrapping me around his finger. Rian didn't even write back this time, he actually spoke out while everyone else was quiet.

"Are you stupid?" he questioned.

I glared at him, was today pick on Jack day? Because it sure as hell felt like it.

I replied back quickly, "I'm not stupid, what has Alex told you to make you act like he's a saint. Because he definitely is not."

Alex spoke out now and for a second I had forgotten he was sitting next to me. "I can hear everything you are saying you know."

I was glad he could hear me, so at least he knew how this had affected me. He always was like this, uncaring of everyone else's feelings. I've seen him treat people like toys, he'd play with them for a while and then he'd throw them away when he became bored.

I wasn't going to let myself be treated like that. We shouldn't have even started this bet to begin with; of course it was going to end badly. That was damn fucking obvious. So why did Alex want to carry on with this, he could get any girl or even guy if he wanted to.

"Jack, about yesterday," Alex began, his voice hushed, "You misunderstood a lot and I don't forgive you for treating me like that but..."

He looked at me as he waited for any kind of response so he knew I was listening, I folded my arms wanting him to just leave me alone for once. He heaved a sigh before putting his hand up waiting for the teacher to turn around to answer him.

"Sir, I don't feel well," he announced.

I narrowed my eyes at him, where was he going with this. Frankly, Alex looked perfectly fine. His complexion was the same and he didn't look like he had come down with anything at all. The teacher though seemed to be fooled by him.

"Okay, you can go to the nurse's office," the teacher instructed.

"I don't know where that is."

Yes, he does. He's been there to skive for many lessons, I was with him once before. There was only one time where he went there because he was ill. So why was he lying?

The teacher looked at me and now I knew instantly why Alex was doing this. The both of us were like peas in a pod, so if Alex needed help finding some place, I would be the perfect solution. Right?

Yeah, I know where the nurse's office is but it wasn't like I wanted to go there at all with him. This was his plan though, to force me to listen to his stupid excuses.

"Jack can you go with him please?" the teacher asked me.

I was about to say no, I didn't want to go with him and strangely enough I'd rather stay here than go with Mr. Alex Gaskarth is a liar. But I couldn't say that because of the desperate look on Alex's face. I nodded, standing up as the two of us exited the classroom. I shut the door behind us as I glanced at Alex sceptically.

"So what do you want to talk about then?" I asked even though I knew the answer already.

Alex and I were further away from the classrooms, it wasn't his intention to go to the infirmary, and he obviously wanted to talk to me.

"Everything that I said wasn't done because the bet was in mind." He brushed away his hair from his eyes. "When I said that I hated to lose, I was hoping you would use your brain instead of acting so thick."

"Are you planning to insult me or-"

Alex cut me off. "Let me get to the point."

I stayed quiet and waited for him to continue. He was definitely taking his time in getting to whatever 'point' he was trying to make.

He seemed to be at a loss for words now, he stood there rather awkwardly and for the first time ever the Alex that I knew, the confident Alex, seemed to disappear. He didn't even know what he was trying to say.

He looked up at me and at my eyes, the silence going on and suffocating me. He stepped closer, his hands finding my waist as he leaned forward. I freaked out, knowing what he was trying to do once again. I pushed him off me before he even got a chance to kiss me again.

"Can you stop doing that?!" I demanded.

He pouted. "But you taste so good, Jack."

Where was this actually going? Alex's hands travelled up my chest and all I could do was stare at him, my eyes wide with shock.

"What would you say if the two of us became a little bit more than just friends?" he suggested, licking his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
How is Jack going to react to this?

Thanks for commenting:
helen_robo
Jimmy.Sullivan
Rae M Wakefield
LuvJack102
MyOwnWorld
xo <3 I really appreciate it!
Comment&Subscribe?
Don't be a silent reader! ;)