Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

keep me coming back for more

The words I wanted to say were stuck right at the tip of my tongue but I couldn't seem to speak my mind. This was Alex we were talking about, he never went out with anyone properly before. Of course, this time he wasn't drunk, so I couldn't blame his strange behavior on the alcohol.

Although, Alex has always been this way, he always likes to tease me to a point where it becomes uncomfortable. He cocked his head to the left, seeming to want me to answer his question. But why did he even ask it in the first place. I wasn't going to let Alex use me like he has used so many other people. I don't want to be turned into another one night stand.

Besides, I don't even think of him that way, I really don't. I do but I'm scared he'll treat me like the others and our friendship will be destroyed. I pushed him away from me, I wanted him as far away as possible. He looked at me dejectedly, like I had done the worst thing possible to him.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, "Didn't you understand when I said that I didn't want you to treat me like the others you've thrown away. I'm your best friend Alex, you can't do that!"

He gritted his teeth, anger burning in his eyes. For a second, I felt scared of the look he was giving me now. I felt that what I said was wrong. But thinking about it, I realized he needed to be taught that not everyone would fall to their knees for him. He has to understand that.

"You don't get it, do you?" He snorted, "Why do you have to be this bloody oblivious ? I like you, Jack."

I rolled my eyes, is this what he said to the rest of them? One tiny bit of sincerity and they'd think that they actually meant something to him, they'd be walking to the palm of his hands. What was he trying to pull? I didn't want to be a part of his schemes any longer.

"I'm going back to class," I announced, turning around and away from him, but he didn't give me a chance to leave.

He grabbed my wrist, his grip tight around it. I looked back at him, seeing the way his eyes were casted to the floor and the desperation that laid in them.

"What do I have to say to make you believe me? Why would I want to hurt you Jack, think about it. I want you; I want your everything. So don't act like this, please." He was almost begging.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "It's hard to believe anything you say after the way I know you treat people. You never want to get into a proper relationship. So what makes me any different?"

"Because you're Jack, I'd never treat you like them. I would hate myself if it ever came to that," Alex reassured me; I couldn't tell if he was lying or actually telling the truth.

Why me? Why would Alex want anything like that to do with me? I couldn't understand why he had changed or if he even had the capability to change his views. The many times I told him to find that perfect person and he would just roll his eyes at me and tell me to shut up. Now, he's ready to do it...but with me.

There was no way this could be right, it was too odd for my liking. I shook his hand off me, as it limply fell to his side. I walked back into the classroom, leaving him standing there and for the first time in Alex Gaskarth's life he was the one standing there broken.

Image

After that, Alex hadn't talked to me all day; in fact he wouldn't even look at me. Rian was even angrier than usual and Zack was just Zack. I know I shouldn't have been so harsh on Alex, but I didn't know if I could believe what he was telling me, even the idea that Alex and I could have something else than friendship seemed completely strange in my mind. I wanted to fix things with Alex in some way but I didn't know how I could do that.

The whole day went by extremely slowly but I managed to get through it. I was glad when I arrived at my house where there was only me and nobody else to irritate me or confuse me.

I was about to go upstairs and have a shower when I heard the doorbell rang, I curiously went to open the door seeing Alex behind it with a packet of what looked like beers and a bag which I had no idea what it could have inside of it.

"Hey," he greeted, "Can I come in?"

I thought maybe he'd want to avoid me too, but it seemed that he was actually trying here. My parents were out at work once again, so it was alright to have the booze. But did I want Alex here right at that particular moment? No, not really.

For some reason though, I didn't have the heart to shut the door on his face. I shrugged letting him inside as he wandered in.

"I thought maybe we could hang out like we usually do," he suggested.
I sighed. "Alex, go home."

"What? No! Don't be so mean, Jacky!" he pouted acting as if everything was suddenly okay now he had decided to be like his usual self.

I rolled my eyes; it looked like I wasn't going to be able to get rid of him anytime soon. What was this anyway? Some way of trying to apologize, because if he wanted to apologize he should just come right out and say it instead of getting us both drunk eventually.

Alex has never apologized and meant it in his life, not to me, not to anybody. If he was suddenly going to do that now then I would be utterly shocked.

Instead he smirked and concluded my thoughts, proving that Alex really does not know the meaning of an apology.

"I came here so you can apologize to me," Alex mentioned crossing his arms, "And to tell you something important."

So I could apologize to him? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I was about to interrupt him, to point this out, when he shushed me.

"Don't interrupt me until I'm done talking, alright?" he ordered.

I didn't want to go along with this. Frankly, I wanted to push him out of my house. But things weren't as simple as that and Alex was stubborn, way too stubborn. I sighed, giving in and deciding what the heck; why not listen to his excuses.

"First of all, I don't give two shits about the bet anymore. It's completely at the back of my mind. But it's the bet that made me realize something. When I said I liked you, I wasn't lying. I can understand why you think that I might do the same thing to you that I did to all those other people, but I promise you I won't.

I know it's hard to believe, given the fact that we are best friends and that it's a little weird but I want you in a cuddling on the sofa way. This to me is completely different; I've never felt this strongly about a person before. You may still think that I'm not telling the truth to you but I won't break your heart, I promise."

I blinked, finding myself completely entranced by everything that Alex had just said. Alex had never acted this way before, if he wanted to say something he'd usually be silly about it. I've never seen him this serious about anything. But did I believe him? I was starting to.

"I can tell why people call you a Casanova," I started, "You seem to manage to hypnotize them so easily without realizing it."

He frowned at me. "What are you on about?"

I smiled a tiny smile that soon spread across my lips. "You've managed to do exactly that to me and you have been doing it for a while now, actually."

Alex was a friend, a close friend; someone that I know would be there for me whenever I needed to him but Alex as a boyfriend? That was something I was unsure about. Although, there was no point in thinking about what could happen until I actually tried it.

"Hey, Alex."

He looked up, his eyes meeting mine before I snuck an arm around his waist pulling him closer towards me.

"I want you in a late night movie marathon with a sweet little extra sort of way." I licked my lips.

"What's the extra?" he asked.

I smirked, leaning forward so our lips were only a few inches apart. I couldn't stop the urge to do it and then I finally realized how much I wanted to kiss him as well. I never thought that Alex could ever make me feel this way.

"This," I said and leaned forward, connecting our lips as my eyes closed shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you think Alex will keep his promise?
Thanks for commenting:
Rae M Wakefield
helen_robo
Jimmy.Sullivan
LuvJack102
ViceorVirtue?
Brendon.Alex.Jack
anna is shameless
xo <3 I really appreciate it!
Comment&Subscribe?
Don't be a silent reader ;)