Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

you're just a daydream away

It was strange to wake up in someone's arms. Most of the time when I had been together with anyone, I'd never let them cuddle with me. Although, that relationship probably didn't mean anything at all and I know that this certainly did. 

I was shocked that Jack had believed me and accepted what I said, I thought that he would chuck me back out. When I was walking to his house, I had that horrible feeling that I wouldn't be able to fix things between the two of us. I could never lose Jack, ever. I don't know how I'd possibly live a life without him. 

After the talk I had with him, we watched movies and did what we used to do together. At some point, I had fallen asleep and wrapped my arms around Jack's waist.

 I stared up at him now, his closed eyes and his silent but steady breathing. Was I dreaming? I felt like none of this could be real. I didn't deserve to have someone like Jack, someone who was kind and sincere and downright sexy to add to the list. 

I meant it when I said I wouldn't hurt him, I won't break that promise. 

Jack's eyes fluttered open as he blinked staring at me. "Hey," he mumbled.

He tried to sit up straight, his back clicking from being in the same position for too long. 

"You know, you're adorable when you sleep," I mentioned as he looked up at me, raising an eyebrow. 

"That's funny, coming from the boy who literally used me as a teddy bear to get to sleep," he smirked.

Okay, so it seemed that I was someone who needed to be close when he was asleep. Although, Jack was comfortable. I liked the feeling of being so close to him like this. 

Oh god, did I have it bad, probably the worst I've ever experienced. Everyone knows that Alex Gaskarth doesn't fall for anyone, well until now that is. 

"Yeah, you're my Jacky bear!" I laughed when I saw Jack's disapproving reaction.

"Just because we're going out it doesn't mean you can call me sickly nicknames, alright Alex?" he prodded me in the side.

Jack and I hadn't talked about where we were going to take this, in fact we didn't really talk about that kiss or anything I had said after it happened. But I know how fucking amazing it was to kiss Jack and what he was saying now only made me grin like a crazy Cheshire cat. 

"So are we going out then?" I asked.

Jack gave me a look that basically translated: yeah, of course we are. He suddenly became apprehensive as he sat right at the end of the couch, the furthest away from me.

"You don't want to, do you?" he questioned, getting it all wrong.

I shook my head, waving my arms around frantically before bringing them down on Jack's head pretty hard. He winced and glared at me.

"Stop deciding things for yourself! Of course I do," I rolled my eyes. 

He smiled, leaning over to place a gentle kiss on my lips. Jack was a good kisser, heck the best I've ever met. What made it even better was the fact that Jack was all mine, I didn't have to share him with anyone. He was mine alone. 

~

 Rian and Zack came over at precisely 8:30am, wanting a ride to school. The both of us had completely forgotten about our lives behind these walls of Jack's house. 

The doorbell rang stopping the two of us from whatever we were doing, as Jack climbed off me, making his way over to the door as Rian and Zack made their way in without Jack saying so. 

"So, you talked to Alex, right?" I heard Rian ask from the hallway. 

I stood up to my feet, it didn't seem like the others knew I was here. I had absolutely no problem in telling them. Rian knew how I felt about Jack already as I had told him not that long ago. Zack would be alright with it too, he probably would have heard about it now from Rian anyway. 

"Yeah, it's all sorted now," Jack reassured as I made my way into the hallway as three eyes both dropped on me. 

Rian gasped. "Alexander William Gaskarth. Is that a hickey I see?"

Jack and I both became bright red at the same time. I had completely forgotten about what we had been doing earlier, it had skipped my mind. 

"Shut up, Rian. You're acting like my mother," I murmured running a hand through my hair. 

All that time, Zack was looking at me strangely like he was trying to figure something huge out. He suddenly spoke up, his voice resonating throughout the room.

"Alex, I need to talk to you," he paused, "In private." 

I was curious as to what he wanted to talk about, but I didn't ask any questions. I followed him into Jack's kitchen, so Rian and Jack wouldn't be able to hear a thing that Zack wanted to say. 

He broke the silence, his eyes narrowing, "So how long do you think this is going to last this time?" 

Why was he asking this? Could he possibly think that I hadn't changed my ways? I know it didn't seem like it but I was serious this time. 

"I'm not playing around, Zack. I won't treat him like the others," I replied back.

"You better not," he whispered underneath his breath before his voice became clearer and surer, "I know you, Alex. You can't commit. If you think that this relationship with Jack will work then fine. But if you break his heart, you won't be able to fix it, this is only going to affect your friendship."

I didn't want to believe anything that Zack was saying. I know he was only looking out for the two of us but I didn't want to think that way. I promised Jack I wouldn't treat him like the others, I wanted to keep to that promise.

"I won't do that to Jack, if I did I'd only hate myself even more." I was mostly reassuring myself.

What scared me was the fact that I wasn't confident in my own words. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw. How cute.
But who agrees with Zack?

Thanks for commenting:
ViceorVirtue?
Brendon.Alex.Jack
Rae M Wakefield
helen_robo
LuvJack102
anna is shameless
Jimmy.Sullivan
xo <3 thanks!
Comment&Subscribe
Don't be a silent reader ;)