Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

pass me another bottle, honey

"I can't fucking believe you!" Rian had his hands round Alex's neck, he was livid, threatening to actually do damage this time.

While Alex, on the other hand, didn't get the fact that Rian was close to breaking point and he was in danger of being strangled.

He didn't seem to give a damn because he was laughing his head off. Zack was standing next to Rian, seeming annoyed his well, he stared daggers at Alex and then at me.

How the hell was this any of my fault anyway? Alex can be such an asshole sometimes, but I didn't do anything! I could feel Zack's furiousity from a mile away.

Rian started to clench a little harder as Alex suddenly became deathly pale.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" he yelped, "Get your damn fat fingers off me, Dawson!"

This only made Rian angrier. Alex should have stuck with the apologies and not made it worse.

Alex looked at me from the corner of his eye, as Rian began to let go. He didn't seem happy at all, he snarled at me.

"Why didn't you do something Jack? He was practically killing me and you stood there like a lemon. No one wants to go out with a wimp, Jack," he tried to insult me, of course he was just doing this all for attention, so I followed suit.

I gave Alex a glare before turning to Rian, "I give you permission to strangle him."

I smiled evilly as Alex shrieked. He stood up as fast as lightening and headed to the apparent 'sanctuary' of the girls that were huddled around at the other side of the classroom.

We were in chemistry, but nothing had happened. Our teacher seemed to be late. Rian and Zack had come here soaking, having to walk in the rain when it started tipping it down. Zack was already sneezing as he took his seat next to Rian and I sat next to him.

"There he goes off to create more unbearable annoying fan girls, he's such a man whore," Zack leaned back on his chair crossing his arms.

Rian raised his eyebrow, "Well at least he's actually getting girls. We're all single and have been for ages."

That's right. Rian and Zack don't know about the fact that I'm gay. Actually the truth is I'm still in the closet.

The only person who truly knows is my mom. I haven't even told Daddy Barakat yet. Zack shrugged mumbling more profanities at Alex for being a ditcher.

I looked over at him from across the room. He was talking to two girls. He was smiling at her, but that sexy smile he only uses to get them to bed. The girls are all staring at him with doe eyes. I turn around not wanting to glimpse that insanity again.

Finally, our teacher came in, apologizing over and over for being so terribly late! None of us really cared really, we were too busy chatting to each other. Alex came and sat back down a few seconds later before saying goodbye to the girls.

I'm not the hugely studious type. But I do care about my grades. I want to pass. So having Alex chuck objects at me is very distracting.

At first, I tried to ignore it. But it got to much that I had to stop what I was doing to grab the object, which happened to be his stupid pencil, off him.

"Would you stop doing that?" I questioned.

He pouted, "I was only trying to get your attention."

There it is, that silly pout of his along with the puppy dog eyes. He thinks he's cute when he does that. He's not wrong at all.

"Well, congratulations, you've got it!"

He grinned, not taking the hint that I was being sarcastic, yet again.

"Come round my house tonight!" he was practically jumping up and down on his chair, "I have the house to myself so we can drink beer, play x-box, and do whatever the shit we want until we pass out!"

Welcome, dear friends, to our lives. This is a regular thing for me and Alex. We started it when were 14 when he found his father's secret stash of wine.

We drank until we were completely off our heads. I can't even remember what happened that night. It's a complete blur.

But I'm always up for a repeat. Spending time with Alex is great, especially when there's no girls and he's not being a flirt.

"Fuck yeah!" I high-five him.

This was going to be epic, it always was.

Image


"Row, row, row your boat, gently up the stream! Merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream!" Alex sang as he held up his beer bottle and saluted the air.

We were sitting in his house on the sofa with pizza placed on the floor. It had only been an hour and a bit, Alex was already drunk.

I wasn't as much, maybe just a little tipsy, but I still had my common sense while Alex had clearly lost that along the way.

He was giggling now, that ridiculous high pitched giggle over and over again. He downed some more beer until the bottle was finished.

"More!" he squealed as he bounced up and got another beer bottle.

I didn't know whether to tell him to stop, or record his childish foolishness. It was pretty funny. He started hiccuping suddenly, he covered his mouth to stop it.

"Jack?" he asked, "Would you please consider coming with me on the double date again? Do it for me!"

I thought he was going to forget about this. Guess I was wrong.

"Nuh-uh. I told you already I'm not going out with one of your stupid whores," I drank a sip from the beer bottle.

"They aren't whores," he said bluntly.

I raised an eyebrow, "Oh yes, because girls who climb immediately into your bed as soon as they look at you are not whores."

Note the sarcasm, again.

He turned on the TV and began to flick through the channels. He stopped it as he looked back at me.

"It's not my fault that I'm so irresistible. I can get anyone to fall for me," he told me, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

I snorted, how could be so confident, "Well, you'd never be able to get me to fall for you."

He set down his bottle as he leaned forward looking at me straight in the eyes.

He smirked, seeing this as a challenge, "You wanna bet?"

I couldn't believe he wanted to bet on this sort of thing. That was ridiculous. I wasn't going to fall for him.

I couldn't fall for my best friend. That was just out of the question. But Alex is persistent, I know fully well how much he takes these bets seriously.

I didn't even want him to think that he had a chance of making him fall for him. Plus, he was straight, wasn't he? That didn't make sense.

He was obviously drunk, if he wasn't drunk, he wouldn't be spouting this crap. Or maybe he would. Who knows?!

"You'll never get me to fall for you, Alex Gaskarth. I swear on that," I promised.

I stood up wanting to leave anyway but he grabbed my arm.

"Oh, Jacky. Don't you understand what this means now? By the end of this month you'll be begging me to touch you. I always win our bets, Jack. You know that," his grip on my arm tightened.

He was right, he did win our bets. I always lost. But this was one bet I wasn't willing to loose. He was not going to make me another of his fan girls.

Because I have never and will never like him. That was absolute.

"You're on."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting:
helen_robo
xo <3 comments are much appreciated, please more?
Next chapter will be in Alex's Pov.
comment! love you all for commenting/reading/subscribing.