Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

this is how we do

Being so close to Alex made me wonder why this had not happened earlier but then I remembered his past experiences and the fact that he would never stay in a relationship for too long. I should have been wary about this and stayed away, but I didn't.

In fact, I believed every word that came out of Alex Gaskarth's mouth. I assumed that he'd never stoop so low as to hurt me because above everything we were best friends. After Zack wanted to talk to Alex privately I had a feeling what the topic may be about.

Of course I have thought about whether he has really changed and I didn't want to think about it either. I actually liked where our relationship was going and I didn't want ridiculous things like that to worry me. Even if I felt this way, I could tell something was bothering Alex greatly.

He wouldn't tell me what it was exactly but from the way he was acting I knew that it had to be about whatever Zack said. I was aware that Zack was only looking out for Alex and me, but whatever ideas he had put into Alex's head had affected him too much and I couldn't do anything about it.

Alex had been coming round twice as much as he usually did before our relationship changed. He'd arrive on my doorstep, a huge smile on his face as he asked to come in. How can I say no to him? Of course I couldn't, not when he was practically looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

That particular Saturday afternoon, where it was raining so hard that no one dared to go outside, Alex arrived on my doorstep. I wasn't expecting him round, I actually had a paper for History that I had to do by Monday that consisted of too many words and I hadn't even started it yet.

So when I opened the door to face him, completely drenched from head to foot, all I could do was raise an eyebrow at him. This situation reminded me of what happened when Alex made me walk back from school in the rain.

Although, it was different. Why would he even bother? He sneezed and I noticed how pale he looked compared to his usual complexion. He didn't look well at all.

"Are you going to let me in or just stare at me?" he questioned, sniffing.

I blinked, before widening the door to let him in and shutting it behind him. He coughed violently again, one that only made me wince.

"You alright?" I inquired, putting a hand to his forehead getting my answer.

Oh no, he was certainly not alright, his temperature was extremely high. He was like a human hot water bottle!

He nodded and responded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Alex seemed confident with his answer but the way he looked completely contradicted it.

"Why aren't you at home, Alex? You don't look well at all," I noted.

He shouldn't even be here if he's like this, he should be at home, resting in bed. It was great to see him, of course it was. But I didn't want him to get any worse.

"I said I'm fine, Jack! And I wanted to come round, I was bored at home," he mumbled.

I smiled at him. "Aw. Did you miss me?"

Of course he did, because I know I missed him too. It's strange to be without Alex's presence, it's like something's missing. It's great when I hang out with Rian or Zack or both of them but without Alex things would be really weird. Alex turned his nose up at my sentence.

"No, why would I miss your retarded face?" he laughed.

I pouted, even though I knew he didn't mean it at all. He noticed my expression as he smirked at me, his eyes looking into mine. He looked like he was going to lean forward to kiss me when he turned away from me and coughed several times over. I sighed before grabbing him and attempting to force him up to my room to rest.

"What are you doing?" he questioned.

I rolled my eyes like it was obvious. "You need some rest."

He shook his head, trying to get out of my grip. He complained that he wasn't ill at all, that I was being stupid and should put him down that instant. So I did, I dropped him down on my bed. He tried to get back up but I pushed him back down giving him a look.

"If you don't rest then I'm not going to want kiss you or do anything like that, okay?" I told him.

He grumbled, getting under the covers before realizing something. "What is this 'anything' you are talking about, hmm?"

I smacked him over the head with a pillow as he glared at me. "Ow! I'm sick, remember!"

Now he admits it, before he didn't even want to think that he could have come down with something. I especially didn't want to get it. Being ill was something I really didn't want to be right now.

"If there's anything you need, tell me. Alright? I need to finish my history paper," I instructed him.

I only realized then that I had just put myself in a terrible situation. I saw the glint in Alex's eyes as he smirked, those devious thoughts running through his head.

"So you're going to be my personal servant until I get better," he grinned at the idea.

I don't think servant was the right word for it but Alex was getting carried away here. He was always like this, even when we were younger. In this state of vulnerability, he liked to be babied. But I assure you, this isn't going to happen on a regular basis. I was only making sure that Alex became better soon because who wants a sick boyfriend?

Boyfriend. I hadn't even considered Alex that yet, it sounded so foreign but so right at the same time. I guess that's what Alex was now and I'd hope it would stay like that for a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a filler.
But major things are about to happen in a few chapters!

Thanks for commenting:
ViceorVirtue?
decidedly indecisive
helen_robo
Rae M Wakefield
Brendon.Alex.Jack[x2]
LuvJack102
Jimmy.Sullivan
xo <3 I appreciate it!
Comment&Subscribe
Don't be a silent reader ;)