Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

tore me apart like a hurricane

Jack and I had been together for approximately four weeks now, not that I'd been counting of course. Time seems to have slipped through my hands like sand, leaving me forgetting what life was like when Jack and I were only best friends, rather than what we are now. If I think about it now, it's a weird, almost foreign thought. A day without waking up and knowing that Jack is mine, and all mine?

That's one that I find unimaginable. Things have definitely changed between us, so much in fact that Zack's warning had completely faded away into nothingness. I was enjoying every moment with being with Jack, maybe a little too much. 

It struck me quite abruptly, when I realised the change between us was much deeper than I thought. It took Rian to make me come to terms with this. We were all hanging out in the lunch hall, well except for Jack who had accidentally got himself to an unwanted detention and couldn't join us. Rian kept looking at me in a weird way, his eyebrows raised as if he could read the thoughts in my mind. 

"So how are things going with you and Jack?" he asked casually, for some odd reason to me it sounded like he was inspecting me for something. 

I shrugged, wondering why Rian was asking me this. He must have known from looking at us that everything was going fine and dandy - because it was. Nothing could ruin this perfection that the two of us had created. 

"Great, actually. We're going to go out tonight I think," I answered taking a bite from the canteen food I had ordered. My nose cringed with distaste, wishing I hadn't taken a bite.

Rian nodded, there was something that seemed a little off. Like there was something he needed to say but couldn't quite find the right words. He managed though, a frown evident on his face. 

"Have you two, erm, done it yet?" He asked watching my reaction.

I choked on the food in my mouth, trying my very hardest not to die from it. I stared at him in bewilderment the words he spoke circling around in my head. First of all, I thought he'd be a little blunter than that. Second of all, what the actual fuck?!

It's not a topic that should bother me, I should be cocky about this like I usually would be. But I wasn't, in fact I was actually the opposite. Jack and I had come closer to going all the way a few times but we had never actually done it. Of course I wanted to, that was for certain. Talking about it with Rian wasn't something I wanted to do over lunch. At least Zack wasn't there to pester me about it too. 

"Well, is that any of your business?" I questioned, glaring at the other boy. 

Rian took that as a warning, knowing that he had to skip onto a different subject. The subject he chose, however, was not one that I expected.

"Are you in love with him?" 

My reaction to this question was worse than the first. My eyes widened, my mind trying to find the answer to this question while my jaw slacked in shock. Was I in love with Jack now? 

Fucking hell, I was. 

The thing is from my reputation people assume that Alex Gaskarth just doesn't fall in love. That was true to begin with, until I realised I was attracted to Jack. Ever since then, all I knew has been twisted and changed making me feel completely different. Rian though, didn't seem to think I had changed, like Zack he seemed to be worried for Jack's well fare, rather than mine. 

I knew in my heart that I was in fact falling for Jack, head over heels in love. But I couldn't say it. In my head, it sounded fine but out loud the words wouldn't form. 

Rian took this as me being uncertain from the silence. "Make sure you don't mess this up for the two of you, Alex. Everything's great now, but what if someone comes on to you or something. Will you forget about Jack? Just be careful, okay?" 

This was angering me to a full extent, first Zack now Rian too? Did no one trust me at all? They seemed to all think that I was incapable of sustaining a relationship. Okay, maybe my past ones were well - failures. But this is Jack. I've said this so many times but Jack is different, he's in a completely different league to all those past girl friends. Rian and Zack just don't understand that. 

"Look, I know you all think that something will happen to ruin us, but it won't. I care about Jack, and I would never let him go. Understand that," I spoke surely, before standing up and leaving the cafeteria. 

Image

"So where exactly are we going?" Jack asked from beside me, his hand was entwined with mine, fitting together like a perfect match in a puzzle. 

I grinned. "Well I think we both deserve a little fun, don't you? There's this new club that has great music and great booze. You in?"

A flash of uncertainty flashed across Jack's face which confused me slightly. He composed himself and nodded, agreeing to going to the club. I didn't question him on why he wavered though, I assumed it wasn't a big a deal.

This club was the talk of the town, it was newly opened and I was dying to go there. I was going to invite Rian and Zack too, but this is for Jack and I. They would only annoy me, anyway. As soon as we entered the club, the loud music seemed to bounce few me, already deafening my ears and making me strain my ears to listen to anything Jack said.

We headed over to the dance floor almost immediately, as Jack's attitude seemed to change. He smirked at me, pulling our bodies closer so there was hardly any room between us. The dancing got pretty heavy, and the expression on Jack's face all the time was beginning to make me go crazy. 

"Why are you so sexy?" I inquired, my hand reaching up to Jack's face.

Jack smirked, "I was born that way, baby." 

I rolled my eyes, leaning in to kiss him softly on the lips. He grinned into the touch, his eyes fluttering closed. I pulled away as he pouted at the loss of contact. 

"I'm going to go get some drinks for us. Stay there, I'll be back in a second," I instructed as I made my way over to the bar.

I ordered the drinks, my eyes casting over to Jack who was dancing by himself, looking equally mesmerising while he did so. 

"So is that your boyfriend?" The bar man asked, placing the drinks in front of me. 

The way he said it made me realise that's what we were to each other and everyone else. I smiled softly at this. "Yeah..."

"How did you meet?" he asked. 

I should have wondered why this guy was so curious about our relationship. But I felt like having one of those moments where I didn't care about anyone else's views anymore. So I decided to tell him.

"We're best friends actually, known each other for years," I replied. 

The bar man sighed, "It will be a shame then when you two break up. It's bound to happen, considering your both so young."

I whipped my head around to properly face this guy, shocked at the statement that he had suddenly come out with. I couldn't quite believe that any one would ever say that to a stranger. It was completely uncalled for. 

"Jack and I won't split up, even if we did we'd still stay best friends either way," I concluded. 

"Everyone knows that you can't stay 'friends' after a relationship. It doesn't work like that. If you broke up, you'd either end up avoiding each other or hating each other."

I was so angry, all I wanted to do was hit this guy for even suggesting that this could possibly happen. I didn't though, instead I stared at Jack, a feeling of dread slowly consuming me from the inside out. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhhhh.
What will happen next? :c
Thanks for the comments guys! It's very much appreciated.
Comment & Subscribe?
Don't be a silent reader.