Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

when I break your little heart in two

I've never been excited for anything this much before. Yeah, there's been times when I had the chance to have sex with the prettiest girl in school, who I declined by the way, she was a bitch who only cared about...well, nothing.

You'd have expect me to go along with it because I'm Alex Gaskarth, right? The infamous casanova who gets what he wants when he wants. Because that is entirely true. I consider myself to be the epitome of a man.

I know I sound full of myself, don't I know that already? But that's how I've lead my life, trampling on broken hearts wherever I go, only caring about where it takes me not anyone else. I've always thought that I'd never be in the wrong, that these girls will get over it at some point.

Strangely enough, I never guessed I'd break his heart, not in the least.

Truthfully, that was never my intention. I planned to just mess with him, because that's what friends do. It didn't mean anything. I couldn't understand why he became so worked up about it.

It's funny that this disaster all happened because of a ridiculous bet that escalated a little too far.

That's how I am though, I like to win and in the past I've always won the bets, challenges, or games that went on between Jack and I.

Jack Barakat, my best friend since high school. I still see him as my best friend because I know no one else could fill that spot. It always has been reserved for him. But I'm not sure he even feels that way anymore.

I guess I got a little too bigheaded and drunk for that matter. Back then, I wouldn't have even known what was coming out of my mouth.

A load of nonsense more like. I was surprised when Jack prompted me about it, just because my mind had completely blocked that fact out.

That's when the challenge begun, I couldn't stop myself. I was not going to lose this bet. Even with the cost of friendship riding on my shoulders.

But what was I doing? Betting that my best friend, Jack would like me? That thought was ridiculous.

How could I even thought that it would have been a good idea. It was insane, completely and utterly bonkers. But I went along with it, thinking that everything would turn out fine.

I shouldn't even be thinking about what I did, but I can't get it off my mind, it seems to haunt me for eternity.

Image


"You honestly think that will work?" Rian looked at me quizzically, his eyebrows raised, "You and Jack have really weird bets."

I grinned at him, a plan swimming around in my mind beginning to form. I was hoping it would work, but of course, this would all take time.

I've got to get Jack to admit he likes me, I don't want him to actually fall in love with me. That would be too dangerous.

But I had an idea and I was hoping like hell it would work. I told Rian about our bet as soon as Jack had left my house, it was something that I had to just tell someone, no matter who it was.

Rian didn't seem to like it, but it wasn't like I was going to follow everything he says.

"What happens if you mess up, Alex?" he questioned me.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "I'm not going to mess up. Trust me, everything will all go according to plan."

He didn't seem convinced. He probably wondered why I was even going ahead with this. I just wanted to prove a point that anyone could fall for me. Including Jack. Childish it may be, but I couldn't get my mind off anything else.

We were in our English class, only Rian and I had arrived this early. Jack and Zack weren't here yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack was filling him in on all the details.

I looked over my shoulder, seeing a group of girls looking over at me, I smiled at them and waved as they all giggled in unison. See, that's how easy it is for me.

I could see Rian rolling his eyes at me, trying to be not obvious but failing miserably.

Jack then caught my eye, as Zack followed behind him. I smirked as he looked me in the eye.

"Hey, Jack," I greeted him.

He narrowed his eyes at me before sitting down next to me. I leaned forward, the grin that I adopted beginning to form a permanent place on my face.

"So ready for me to win this bet, Jack?" I questioned him.

He snickered, "Ready to lose, Alex?"

I heard Zack sigh from the seat behind us, we both turned in unison to look at him.

"You're both going to be like this until someone wins the bet right?" he looked at Jack, "Just admit you like him, Jack, and be done with it."

Jack gaped at him, seeming to lose the confidence he had shown before.

He pointed an accusing finger at Zack, "You're supposed to be on my side!"

Zack rolled his eyes but didn't say anything as his attention was drawn to the english teacher who had just walked in.

He was already scribbling down notes on a piece of paper before the teacher started to speaking.

How did he even know what to write? I stared at him in disbelief before turning back to look at Jack.

"Wanna do something after school, Jacky?" I questioned, seeming as innocent as possible.

He narrowed his eyebrows seeming to suddenly become cautious of me.

"No, definitely not," he answered quickly.

Oh please, it wasn't like I was going to get him alone and then pounce on him. I don't do things that quickly, besides, that wasn't even what I wanted to do to begin with.

I just wanted to make him all riled up and when he wanted me he definitely would not be able to have me.

Maybe it was a nasty thing to do, considering he was my best friend. I shook my head, Jack could never hold a grudge against me.

We'd stick together through thick and thin and that would never ever happen. I guarantee it.

"I'm not asking for a date, Barakat," I snickered, "I just want us to hang out like we usually do."

It was strange how the teacher hadn't even picked up on us speaking by now, but I took this as a good sign.

Jack's facial expressions relaxed, as he became more relaxed, although he wasn't totally convinced. What did I have to say for him to believe?

I didn't want our friendship to change because of this.

"Fine, but if you even try any of your attempts to woo me, then I will be forced to use drastic measures," he warned me.

I shrugged, "Oh sure, of course."

I guess I'm just going to have to lie my way through this whole damn thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was Alex's POV. You like?
Thanks for commenting:
helen_robo
ViceorVirtue?
AllTimePanic!Romance
Jimmy.Sullivan
xo <3 you really don't know how much I love you all.
please more comments, don't be a silent reader :) !