Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

the party scene has got the best of me

It wasn't like I had a tendency to do things as stupid as this. Because hey, I do have common sense, even if it doesn't seem like it.

But why couldn't I realize that this bet of ours would never be any good. I didn't even know why I said yes to it in the first place.

It was ridiculous, the thought of Alex actually winning and proving me wrong scared me. That would never happen, of course.

Maybe, that's the reason why I gave in to him. I have pride and I hate being wrong about anything. Alex always wins our bets, I just thought that this time I'd have the upper-hand.

As time goes on, I have begun to realize what an idiot I was to even agree with it. Even though Alex is as stubborn as can be, he hasn't changed one bit.

He met that girl, Casey, at that club the other night. He probably didn't even know her name. That's what Alex is like though, he doesn't care about other people's feelings. He only cares about himself.

I know that he has a heart, of course he does. I just wished he'd stop his game of breaking hearts.

I told him I didn't want to be stuck in his game but he doesn't seem to understand what I mean. I had to walk home last night by myself. That definitely was not a good idea for someone who got himself a little bit hammered.

I did not want to stay in there though, I felt like a burden, it was obvious that Alex wanted to go with Casey, he didn't want me here.

Sometimes it makes me wonder why we're even this close. I don't why I haven't given up on him yet, why haven't I just walked away?

Each time, it's me picking up the broken pieces trailing after Alex. I'm getting tired of it, to be honest, I've had enough.

Maybe I felt slightly pissed off for no apparent reason because yet again, Alex had done something stupid. That girl, Casey, of course it would only be a one night stand.

I've told him so many times that he needs to find someone he can actually love. If he carries on this way, he'll end up all alone. Then I won't be around.

I didn't wait for Alex to come to my house and pick me up like he always did. Instead, I decided to walk to Rian's.

I see him as an all-knowing sort of person who could help me in this situation, whatever this situation is. On the other hand, he looked like he really couldn't be bothered.

"That bet will go either way," he told me, "You'll win, or he'll win."

I rolled my eyes at him. That was completely obvious. It's not like I needed to be told that. Time seemed to have gone by quickly and we were now in school. I didn't know how Alex would react when he realized I ditched him. But I could really care less.

"I am not going to let him win," I concluded.

Rian walked over to his locker and pulled out some books before spinning around.

"Jack, we all know that Alex has charm seeping out of his freaking fingertips. If the ball's in anyone's court, it's not yours."

I stared at him like he had grown two heads before pouting like an abandoned puppy.

"Why is everyone ganging up on me?" I started whining, "My side has cookies, Alex is a douche-bag."

I felt someone hit me hard on the back of my head, probably causing a massive bump later. I was not in a good mood, especially now I realized that neither Rian or Zack believed I could win this bet.

Just because Alex is like a casanova doesn't mean that he's invincible. I've never fallen for Alex's charms before and it is certainly not going to happen now.

I just felt angry at this feeling of betrayal as I span around to face...guess who? Oh yes, the devil himself Alex bloody Gaskarth.

Although, he didn't seem happy himself either.

"If anyone is a douche-bag, it's you," his stern expression seemed to melt away to one of fake hurt, "Why didn't you wait for me, Jacky? It's so lonely without you!"

He grabbed onto my arm, what was with all of this dramatics? Had everyone lost it? I peeled him off me.

"Suck a dick."

He smirked at me, maybe that wasn't the best come-back ever, "Gladly."

I almost ran away from him and hid behind Rian. Alex shrugged at this, that smirk never leaving his lips.

I wasn't sure whether he had forgiven me for deserting him, I just hoped he didn't have anything else up his sleeve.

Zack arrived shortly after, he looked a wreck, the guy definitely needed more sleep. He passed us and nodded without another word.

"What's wrong with Zack?" I asked.

Rian sighed, "Like me, he just wants your stupid bet to be over."

With that, he left Alex and I standing by the lockers thinking of a comeback that would not escape our lips. Maybe this was affecting our friends, but it would be over.

When Alex gave up and realized it was never going to happen, ever. But of course we were both as stubborn as each other. Who knows which one of us will give in first (definitely not me).

"So..." Alex started, rather awkwardly.

He didn't seem to continue his sentence as he looked over at where Rian and Zack had left.

Classes would start very soon, only a few minutes to be exact. My first one was with Rian, maybe then I could convince him that I was going to win.

"How did last night go?" I asked him casually.

I didn't really need to know though. I can predict what he's going to say before the words escape his mouth.

"Brilliant," he smiled, his teeth showing, "But I don't think I'll see her again, she's a bit clingy."

He always says this about everyone he sleeps with. I feel sorry for the poor girl, she probably liked him too. But here Alex is again, not caring about anyone. Clingy, that wasn't a concrete explanation.

I shrugged, deciding not to go into the reasons why he should just give her another chance. Besides, he wouldn't listen to me anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to write this a few days ago but my computer died :( I lost all of my work ;(
I hope this is okay.
Thanks for commenting:
helen_robo
ViceorVirtue?
jimmy.sullivan
AllTimePanic!Romance
xo <3 comment, thankyouu!
comment&subscribe!

PS. If you like reading Rydon/Ryden, please read and comment on this: Mystery of You.
Thanks!