Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

a love scene from a bad dream

Who knows what kind of methods Alex Gaskarth is planning to use on me, but I have definitely been thinking about it. I have to be attentive, if not then I could be playing right into his casanova hands. Am I taking this too seriously? Probably. But what else am I supposed to do, a bet is a bet, I can't go back now.

The best way to make sure that Alex does not succeed is to avoid him as much as possible. He's still my best friend and I really do not want to change that because of this. Somehow, I can see that this is slowly affecting Rian and Zack, they're getting pissed off at our stupid game. They expect me to give up because they think that Alex will probably win in the end. That's completely not fair, Alex may be famous for getting anyone to fall for him but I would be one person that would not fit this category.

So what should I do then, I couldn't think of a way to sort out this mess of a bet quickly before it went too far.

Rian was sitting behind me in History, he'd probably know what I should do. "Tell me all-knowing Rian, how am I supposed to avoid Alex and win this damn bet?" I asked him my eyes wide with anticipation.

He raised an eyebrow at me as he took a deep breath. He was probably annoyed that I was talking to him in class. Mr Perfect Grades couldn't falter like this, oh no. It was bound to happen, he has me and Alex as a friend after all. Rian is usually always helpful when it comes to things like this, although, last time he didn't even give me an answer to what I should do.

"I'm not a fortune teller, Jack," he paused, "But making this bet was probably the worst idea you've ever had."

I folded my arms annoyed at Rian's half-assed answer, which then again didn't really help me at all. "What do you mean by that," I questioned him.

"You are going to lose, sorry Jack but your competing with Alex here," he shrugged.

If we weren't in a class room where the teacher could possibly throw me out and send me to the principals, I would have shook some sense into Rian's head. Why did people assume that I was going to lose? I know that each time Alex and I have made a bet I lost. But I couldn't afford to lose this one, I had so much more on the line than I ever had before. Rian and Zack didn't seem to understand that.

"I will win this god damn bet, mark my words," I swore.

Rian turned to face me. "Let me give you some advice. If you really want to win this bet you and Alex made there is only one thing you can do. You have to turn the tables, make him fall for you first," Rian advised.

"You know, that could easily backfire. The point of this bet, for me anyway, was to make sure that no one fell for anyone. Besides, you sound like a freaking scheming girl, Rian. That's creepy," I pointed out.

He gave me a glare making me realize who exactly was stronger in this situation. If only Zack was here, he'd save me from this situation. Damn, I really need to think before I speak, especially in front of people like Rian or Alex.

"You know what, fine. I wasn't really on anyone's side before but now I am on Alex's. Have fun thinking out a way to get yourself around this one." He seemed utterly pissed.

With that and no other words, he turned around facing the board blatantly ignoring my apologetic expression. I pouted, now I just had to coax Zack into believing that I was going to win this if Rian had crossed over to the dark side.

Image


"Jack, Jack, JACK!" Alex waved a hand in front of my face, "If you plan to come in then please don't die on me. I'm not paying for your funeral."

I rolled my eyes at him, wondering why the heck I agreed to do anything he said. The guy had fooled me into believing that we'd share the ride home and as soon as I was only a few steps away from his shiny black convertible he sped away. This meant I had to walk the whole distance back to his house but the reason why I was current state that I was in was another matter entirely.

I guess my luck went down hill when I got my foot stuck in a hole that some builders had made in the middle of the bloody street and then I ended up running to Alex's. What was wrong with me, wait, what was wrong with Alex?

He smiled at me, probably thinking the state of me was so damn funny. I wasn't laughing, if it was him, I would be. But I am just slightly irritated right now.

"Bastard," I mumbled, "Next time I offer you a ride you'll get what's coming to you."

Alex looked at me with fake but very sorrowful eyes. He could act any kind of emotion out without failure but I always knew when he was faking it, I guess that comes with being his best friend.

He grabbed onto my arm pulling me into his house. "I'm sorry, Jacky," he apologized, "Can I give you something to apologize?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, that voice had something behind it, he was planning an idea. I didn't like that fact. I shook my head, I was probably just looking too much into it.

"Yeah sure. What is it?" I asked, maybe he'd give me his XBOX and all his games, yeah right.

He smirked at me and seeing that I realized that I had walked right into his trap. He pulled on my arm, bringing me closer to him. My eyes widened, his lips only a short distance from mine.

Oh no, I was not going to let this happen. I pushed him as he staggered backwards, a disappointed look spread across his features.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?" I questioned.

His grin seemed to become larger by the minute. "Oh, Jacky, you're blushing. Did I arouse you that much?" He snickered at me.

I was not blushing, I could not be blushing, Alex is probably just lying. But that was too close, he nearly had me. Although, if he had kissed me that doesn't mean that I like him, that was done on his part. But first off, I had to leave here quickly. Who knows what he was planning to do next. I grabbed onto all of my belongings that I had brought as I sped past Alex at fall speed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting:
Jimmy.Sullivan
ViceorVirtue?
xo <3 please more comment guys?

PS: If you could, can you see this summary page for a new slash I'm planning to write and tell me whether it is worth writing?
The Nerd Boy
Thank you!