Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

dreams only last for a night

For a second there I thought that I had finally put Jack in a situation where he couldn't do anything, I thought that this was it, that I was going to win this bet. Just when our lips were mere centimeters apart, the boy staggered back in shock looking like a kicked puppy. I smirked, it didn't happen but it was so close to actually being done. If Jack hadn't used his brain then this would be all over by now, victory would have been mine.

Unfortunately, Jack ran out of my house leaving me wondering how I could make him open up to me without coming across as too much of an asshole. I bit my lip, hating the fact that Jack couldn't just give in and admit that he liked me. Oh I knew he wanted to kiss me. If he thought that he could fool me, then he was sorely mistaken.

That is one thing that I have always been skilled at; I'm great at finding out people’s emotions. It wasn't just Jack blushing that gave it away but I've always thought that the eyes have it. Looking at their eyes is like looking into a person’s soul. Or was it that Jack was just so easy to read? I ran a hand through my hair before sighing heavily.

It had only been at least-----two minutes since he left? Jack couldn't have gotten that far. I had an urge to go after him because seeing him at school later would just be too awkward and I knew he'd avoid me like the plague. I didn't want that, I wanted Jack and I to be the same as we always were.

I finally realized that I was getting too much into this game, way too much. To be honest, I wanted to kiss Jack, I longed for the feeling of his lips on mine. But that couldn't happen. I couldn't lose myself in a game with my best friend. I shook my head, finally deciding that the best thing to do would be to go after Jack and change the direction of this bet; only a little.

My feet lead the way as I pulled open my front door and ran as fast my legs could carry me. I didn't even bother to put on a coat, even though it was practically like being in a freezer outside. Jack wasn't that far away, the boy was walking back slowly, each step seeming to be heavier than the other.

If I called out his name, I was sure he'd try and ditch me. So the best possible solution was to sneak up behind him, and that was what I did. I was rather surprised that he didn't hear my footsteps as I reached out my hands and grabbed him by the waist, hugging him from behind.

"Jacky," I giggled, liking the feeling of his body heat right now.

Jack, however, didn't seem too pleased at my sudden appearance. He spun around, taking my hands off him. He tried to walk away from me again, but I wasn't letting him go that easily.

"Come back, you stupid motherfucker!" I yelled at him, "I'm not going to eat you."

Well, probably not anyway. I smirked looking at his eyes to see his reaction. He wasn't looking at me; the poor boy seemed to be acting shy, totally unlike Jack. I am so winning this.

He gave an exasperated sigh. "Just stay away from me for now, Alex."

I couldn't agree with Jack's request. How could I stay away from my best friend, the guy who I can tell nearly everything too. He was mad to think that I'd just go along with this. Besides, how does he expect that we'd be able to stay apart, we both have the same friends. He was just being silly.

"Oh, come on. Do you seriously think that will do anything? Let's go back to my house, let's do things like we usually do. We can watch Home Alone if you really want, I'm not bothered." I really wanted his company.

I could tell that this was going through Jack's head; he was weighing out the pros and cons of this situation, trying to decide whether it was a good idea to do anything I told him. But hey, I was being serious. I wasn't going to try anything, well at that moment that really wasn't my intention.

He shook his head, before pulling slightly on my arm and walking back the way to my house. I smiled in triumph feeling on top of the world. "Thanks!" I grinned at him.

Jack shrugged at me, he still wasn't being his usual self, but I was sure that he'd soon let this all go. Jack wouldn't change because of this, he couldn't. I didn't believe that we'd be any different.

We ended up watching the Home Alone series many times over; Jack was very enthusiastic about it all and was definitely getting in to the movie. I, however, couldn't peel my eyes away from Jack. Everything about him just screamed in my head: fuck me.

Now I remembered that first of all, I've never done that much with a guy. But it was true that I was losing myself, my mind was being taken over by this whole thing, I couldn't think straight. Tomorrow, I'd find a girl and get this all off my mind. I'd have to think of a different approach to this whole thing that didn't put my sanity at risk.

Before I knew it, Jack had fallen asleep; he was snoring loudly while the movie still played on. While my mind had been in turmoil I hadn't comprehended that Jack was now leaning on me, probably even drooling on me. I tried to push him off me, but he was pretty heavy. I grabbed a pillow and hit him over the head with it as he began to stir. His sleepy eyes met mine, as he shouted at me, "I didn't do it!"

The dude was probably only sleep talking, but hell, it was extremely funny. I hit him harder with the pillow that was situated on the couch which woke him completely. He glared at me and then at the pillow.

"Fuck you and that fucking pillow, I'm fucking tired you...." The rest of what he said was incoherent and most probably full of profanities.

I laughed at him; he was sort of cute when he was half asleep. He didn't even realize that he was currently using me as his pillow.

"Jack," I nudged him, "Wake up."

He didn't budge off of me; he seemed to only put more of his weight on me. He started snoring again which meant he had drifted off into the land of Jack's dreams and I wouldn't be able to wake him. I sighed, wondering what to do about this. Jack moved in his sleep, his hand falling so it rested right on my crotch. I froze in place, looking at Jack to see that his eyes were close and he was completely unconscious of where he was currently touching.

I sneered. "You better be asleep Jack, because if you're not..."

The only response I got was Jack mumbling in his sleep. He seriously had to make a move on me now when he was completely unaware of it, didn't he? That stupid snoring git.

I stroked Jack's hair, my hands curling around the strands. "What am I to do with you, Jack?"

I needed to sort out my priorities. This was a bet and I knew for certain I was getting way too much into it that was for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, what did you think of this chapter.
I really prefer writing in Alex's pov for some reason.
Thanks for commenting:
ViceorVirtue?
Jimmy.Sullivan
helen_robo
AllTimePanic!Romance
xo <3 hope to hear from more of you!
THANKS to all who comment and subscribe :)