Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

I let it ride on a bad bet

When I woke up the following morning, I didn't realize that it was actually Jack lying nearly completely on top of me. My fuzzy brain assumed that I had found a girl and taken her home with me, the thought of Jack Barakat was lost in my mind. That was until I felt him budge off me and shove me off the couch and onto the carpet floor.

I winced, expecting a giant carpet burn to spread across my face. Jack was sitting up, folding his arms as he looked at me suspiciously. He was giving me a 'I hope you didn't do anything stupid' look. I knew these were his thoughts without him even saying anything. Jack had always been so easy to read. I sat up and pouted at him, hating the fact that he had thrown me off in such a violent way when he was the one who was imprisoning me with his weight.

"That wasn't very nice!" I stuck my tongue out at him like a little child, heck, I really wasn't a morning person.

He shrugged, standing up as he walked away from the couch, he didn't seem to care about my well being. The TV was still blaring in the background. If I cared at all I'd be worried that we had left it on all night. But the only thing that was running through my head was Jack. Well, he seemed to always be running away from me. I crawled on my knees as I grabbed onto his trousers that he had worn over night.

"What the heck are you doing, Alex?" he questioned me in that voice he uses when he's angry at me. Why would he be angry at me! I'm positively delightful, right?

He tried to shoo me away from his leg, almost like he was treating me as a puppy. Jack just did not look in the mood for my antics, and that just made it all the more fun. I jumped to my feet grinning at Jack with a smile that spread across my face.

"I'm really hungry. Make me some breakfast?" I asked, my stomach rumbled to justify this as I looked at him innocently hoping he'd fall for my good looks and obvious charm. I mean, who can say no to me? No one can, it's impossible.

He shook his head. "Alex, I have to go. I've got work now."

Well, apparently Jack Barakat can. But he's not leaving until I see a piece of toast placed in front of me. Okay, I was acting like a baby, but I couldn't help it. I always became more childish and much more affectionate after I woke up. Jack knew this already.

I snorted. "Well, honestly Jack. Aren't I important? Who cares if you're a little late."

"Alex, seriously. You're not five, make something yourself. Just let me leave," Jack complained as he grabbed his belongings and tried to escape my household.

I didn't like the fact that Jack wanted to leave so suddenly. He was only working in a music store, why would he pick his job after his best friend? If I were him, I'd be begging to spend time with me. He's lucky to even be so close to me.

I sighed, deciding to give in. "Fine then," I smirked as an idea formed in my head, "Goodbye kiss?"

He glared me before picking up the nearest object in reach and throwing it at me, which apparently happened to be the remote control. I dodged it and snarled at him.

"I feel like you don't love me anymore," I fake cried, "Ever since you met someone else you've been so mean. I hate you, Jacky! I want a divorce!"

A form of a grin settled on his lips until he couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing. I loved to hear his laugh, it always sounded like music to my ears. I could hear it for days. Now come on, Gaskarth. That doesn't sound right at all, does it? Jack choked on his own laughter and spluttered, I patted him on the back hoping he wouldn't choke to death. I didn't know any first aid, well except from that thing you do when someone's drowning.

Jack finally regained his composure and smirked at me. "Okay fine, but I want custody of Jack Junior."

I frowned at him and inquired, "How come the kid has to be named after you?"

He looked at me like this was obvious and I was just stupid to even ask such a question.

"Because I'm amazing," he answered simply before giving me a quick smile and exiting through the front door without giving me time to retaliate.

I folded my arms, even though he had just left a mere second ago, I missed him already.

Image


With one arm slung around a red haired girl's shoulders, I walked over to where Rian and Zack were planning to meet me. I met this girl on the way, her name was something like Veronica or Victoria, I'm not good with names. But who cares about that, she was fit as hell and I couldn't just walk past her and ignore her. She seemed pretty interested in me as well.

As I approached Zack and Rian they both looked at me skeptically. I raised my eyebrows at them, daring them to say something to me like they always do. I've heard too many times from them and Jack about my girl hopping. But I could care less.

"Where's Jack?" Rian asked as he looked behind me suspecting a taller dark haired boy to be dragging his feet behind.

I shrugged. "He had to go to work this morning but I haven't seen him since."

Zack gave me a suspicious look as he asked me unsurely, "Weren't you supposed to give him a lift?"

What was I? Jack's chauffeur? I did love that boy to bits---in the way best friends do---but I didn't want to always have to wait for him. Victoria---let's just call her Victoria---was more important to me right now. She rested her head in my neck in a comforting way, I couldn't wait to leave these guys and go somewhere a little more private.

Even if I was currently in a bet, this didn't mean I couldn't have my own fun too. Besides, I needed to be careful I didn't get too much into this game. This girl was the only way I could stop that.

"Jack can do what he wants," I waved my hand. "If he wants to come and meet me then tell him I'll be with..."

I looked at the girl next to me, I knew she'd hate it if I got her name wrong, but she'd hate it if I didn't even say her name at all.

"Veronica?" I guessed.

She glared at me, peeling herself away from me. "It's Verity."

Once again, I was abandoned on the spot by someone else who could possibly help me in this huge mess I had made. That hole was only becoming deeper and deeper.
♠ ♠ ♠
ViceorVirtue?
AllTimePanic!Romance
DuskMistress
helen_robo
Jimmy.Sullivan
atrox-martem
xo <3 thanks so much for commenting!

So what did you think of this chapter?
Comment&Sub!