Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

my friends are a different breed

Of course it would turn out this way, even thinking that Alex would do the sensible thing and not forget me is an absurd thought. He's always preoccupied by something or in some cases someone.

I stood outside of the restaurant I worked at, still waiting for a black car to drive past with my best friend in it. I don't know why I hadn't just left by then, maybe I had an ounce hope that Alex would come and remember my existence. It wasn't a big thing either, all he had to do was pick me up to meet Zack and Rian in town. Even that job was too hard for him.

I kicked a pebble that was on the ground and watched it hit a car on the other side of the road. I winced at the impact, seeing that it had made a dent. It was a small dent, but a lot of people are protective over their cars. I was ready to spew apology after apology, that is until the driver came out. Suddenly, I really didn't care at all.

Alex had come, thank fucking finally! I was expecting to have to make my own way there even if that would take ages. When he noticed me, he glared and then strided over. He really didn't look happy at all.

"You just dented my car, Barakat!" he pointed to the piece of junk that he calls a car, his voice whimpering slightly.

Serves him right, I think that's payback for all the time he's forgotten me like this. But at least he's here now.

I shrugged, not caring one bit. "Ah, my bad."

Alex rolled his eyes, he was always so protective of his things. Besides, the dent was tiny, not even that noticeable. What was his problem?

"Alright, that's it. You owe me Jack," he warned.

Oh great, I should have realised something like this would happen. Alex owes me way more and when I do something so insignifacant as this he makes it seem like an extremely bad thing. I tensed remembering about our bet and how whatever he wanted me to do I wouldn't be able to say no to. I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue.

"You're coming with me tonight on a double date," he announced.

"But..." I started trying to think of ways to get out of this hell hole.

He shook his head. "No buts."

There was absolutely nothing I could say to change his mind. When was he going to realize that I didn't want to be set up like this? And has he forgotten about our bet. I paled immediately, no this is good. I shouldn't care about that bet, I should be glad he's laying off me for a while. So how come I hate the idea of spending how many goddamn hours with him and his one night stand? I shook my head, trying to release these thought as quickly as possible. Alex took my silence as an okay as he grinned at me, patting me on the back.

"Trust me, these girls are amazing," he peered at my face, "Oh Jacky, don't sulk like that. I know you like me but so do many others. You're going to have to share."

I glared at him, a cold menacing glare. "I don't like you."

He was completely unfased by my glare and only continued to smirk at me like he knew what I was thinking. I really hope he doesn't know what I'm thinking.

He snorted, wrapping an arm around my shoulders, the mere contact sending me into a frenzy.

"Of course you don't Jack." Alex's voice was practically dripping with sarcasm.

Image


45 minutes. That's how long Alex and I have been at this table in this freaking restaurant. The funny thing was, the girls hadn't come yet nor had they sent a text saying they'd be late. I was very much amused by all this. Alex didn't even look worried in the slightest. I had a bad feeling about this, but it wasn't like I cared if the girls showed up or not. A waiter, the same waiter that had come up to us for the fifth time that night asked if we wanted to order.

"Not right now, the other two will be here any minute," Alex quickly replied with certainty.

The waiter seemed to think otherwise but he walked away anyway to go and serve other tables.

Alex then decided to voice the thoughts that were going through my head. "They've stood me up, haven't they?"

At least he had finally realised and wasn't denying it. I looked around the restaurant really just wanting to eat already.

"Yeah they have. Alex Gaskarth the Casanova has been stood up! Now can we eat?" I asked.

I thought that Alex wouldn't take this very seriously and would just act like it didn't matter. Surprisingly, he did care. I guess he wasn't used to things like this happening.

"You know, I feel so stupid. I dragged you along to this as well and it's just a fucking waste of time. Why would anyone want to stand me up?" he questioned.

This was the moment when I decided to be a good friend and actually tell him the reasons why he kind of deserves it. He's broken hearts so many times that he can't even remember the girls face. I stood up and sat next to him, I was going to make him realise one way or another.

"I think something like this was bound to happen. Word gets around and if people hear about a certain Alex Gaskarth's one night stand ways a lot of people would be put off. That's why I've said so many times that you should choose just one person," I advised.

Alex looked into my eyes, a faint smile stretching across his lips. His hand settled on my thigh. "Thanks Jack."

I shrugged. "What are friends for?" I tried to pry his hand away from my thigh. "Now if you don't mind moving your hand over there, thank you."

Alex didn't do as I said as his hand only crawled higher up my thigh and nearer to a forbidden area.

My voice cracked. "What are you doing?"

He placed a quick kiss to my temple and answered, "I'm choosing."
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, I've changed the layout. Do you like it?

Thanks for commenting:
Jimmy.Sullivan
ViceorVirtue?
helen_robo
xo <3 more comments please?
Don't be a silent reader :)