Status: Active :3

There's No Me Without Us

Plan.

(Cherry's POV)

It seemed like there would be no twins left to go to Somnus after it had been a week since we'd been informed we were going there. More and more people were being dragged out of the village every day.

"Seven days." I whispered that morning over breakfast.

"Sorry?" Abbey said, looking up.

"We have seven days until I have to leave and we have no plan." I said. "We have to come up with something because I'm not leaving without you!"

"I think I had an idea last night, but I'm not sure if it will work." Abbey said. "It's a bit crazy."

"I'm desperate for a plan, Abbey." I said.

"Well, more than one rocketship must be going to Somnus; there are too many twins to fit into one rocket, so we could hijack one of the rockets." She said, as if it were the easiest thing to do in the world.

"We'd be killed." I said. "The troops aren't that stupid."

"We'd get other twins to help us, of course." Abbey said. "We could take some troops clothes so we wouldn't look suspicious when we're 'inspecting' the rocketships."

"We could volunteer to work in the wash house, so, we could take a set of clothes." I suggested. "But we'd need their guns. You know, just in case."

"Tell some troops they can have a break?" Abbey said.

"Abbey, you are brilliant!" I exclaimed, jumping up to hug her. "Have I ever told you that I love you?"

"Perhaps once or twice." Abbey said. "But if you and a bunch of other twins just disappear and don't get on the rocketship; they'll know something is going down. You and all the other twins need to get on the rocketship as though nothing is happening."

"But what if something happens to you?" I said. "What if something goes wrong?"

"Then you'll just have to go to Somnus without me." Abbey said.

"No, I couldn't-" I began, but Abbey interrupted me.

"Yes, you can. This is the only plan we've got. Trust me, we will do this." Abbey said, that same dark, determined look in her eyes.

"Well, then, we'd better find some twins who will help us." I said in defeat.

"We could ask Caleb and Martyn to help." Abbey said. "I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help."

Caleb and Martyn were some friends of ours. Abbey was the one usually taking care of me, but when Abbey was too tired to take care of either of us, they would be there for us. They were both nineteen. Twins; of course.

"We'll need more than the four of us." I said.

"They'll find some people to help, too." Abbey said. "They know plenty of people around town from work."

They both worked in the market. They were friendly guys, and often talked to their customers. They'd know almost everyone in town because everyone goes to the market. You don't go: you don't eat.

"It's a plan." I said with a weak smile, the first smile to surface for a week.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not the best chapter, it's just a lot to fit into one thing.
-Ellie x