Cover Story Now in Stores

It's New Years and We're in love

We ate dinner with very family-oriented conversations. I like the Wentz family a lot, almost like a second family to me. Dev, Gabe, Sonny, Matt, Andy, and Vicky T came later. We all hung out for a long time, it seemed.

"So what have you and Pete been doing over in Sunny L.A.?" Gabe asked. I looked at him with a 'Not what you're thinking' face.

"Well, I could ask you the same. So I will. What have you been doing with my best friend in cold and snowy New York....Or Wisconsin. Where have you two been hiding from the world?" I asked.

"Wisconsin. Most likely the same thing you've been up to." he said.

"Right. DEVY!" I yelled.

She came over to us.

"What?" she asked annoyed. I had obviously broken up a conversation she was deeply interested in. Right, she was probably talking about rainbows and the power of love. Hippie.

"Your perverted boyfriend won't leave me alone!" I whined.

Pete walked over and sat next to me.

"Who's boyfriend?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Her's!" I said and pointed to Dev. Pete looked at her, then at Gabe.

"What about him?" Pete asked.

"He wants to know what we do in your comfy abode over in Cali." I said.

"Too bad. She's all mine! HA HA!" he said and dragged me away.

"Pete, you freak! Put me down!" I yelled as he carried me up the stairs. We stopped about half-way to his room when he put me down and started kissing me.

"Now? We only have three and a half hours 'till fireworks!" I whined.

"No. But my room has the best view in the entire house of the big booms!" he said.

"Big booms?" I asked.

"Fire works. That's what I called them when I was little. My mother, as much as I love her, never let me live it down." he said. I giggled.

"I like your mom," I said. He smiled.

"Good. I think she likes you too!" he said and kissed me again. I smiled.

"Paigey!" Autumn called up the stairs.

"Ugh. WHAT?!" I yelled back.

"Get down here now!" she yelled. I reluctantly found my way out of Pete's arms and ran down the stairs.

"What is it?" I asked.

"They want you to sing," Autumn said pointing to Pete's family. I smiled back at them just as Pete wrapped me back in his arms again.

"What do they want to hear?" I asked.

"Probably something that reminds you of me." Pete said. I smiled.

"Perfect." I said and ran to Matt.

"Matty, is there a guitar around?" I asked. He shrugged, but Pete(somehow) was already on it. He came over with an acoustic guitar and handed it to Matt.

I stood on my toes to get to Matt's ear.

"Can you play Hold Your Hand?" I asked.

"Beatles?" he asked back. I nodded. "'Course." he said. The two of us cleared a spot on the floor and somehow got everyone to shut up. We sat on the ground and Matt started to play.

"Oh yeah, I'll tell you something,
I think you'll understand,
Then I'll say that something,
I wanna hold your hand,
I wanna hold your hand,
I wanna hold your hand.
Oh please say to me
You'll let me be your man,
And please say to me,
You'll let me hold your hand,
Now let me hold your hand,
I wanna hold your hand.
And when I touch you
I feel happy inside,
It's such a feeling
That my love I can't hide,
I can't hide, I can't hide.
Yeah, you got that something,
I think you'll understand,
When I feel that something,
I wanna hold your hand,
I wanna hold your hand,
I wanna hold your hand.
And when I touch you
I feel happy inside,
It's such a feeling
That my love I can't hide,
I can't hide, I can't hide.
Yeah, you got that something,
I think you'll understand,
When I feel that something,
I wanna hold your hand,
I wanna hold your hand,
I wanna hold your hand"


Everyone clapped. And I think Pete's family was blown into the next galaxy by the looks on their faces.

"Told ya so." Pete mouthed. I got up and walked over to him and sat on his leg. Dee looked up at me and smiled.

"That was, for lack of a better word, awesome!" she said enthusiastically. I smiled back, happy that Pete was right about his family liking me.

"No wonder Peter here signed you guys to his label." Pete's dad said. I just blushed at all the admiration.

Pete got up and pulled me along back up the stairs.

"It's almost time!" he yelled like a five year old. This time, we actually got to his room. He pulled me over to his window and sat with me on the sill just as the fire works went off, signaling the new year.

I turned around and kissed him.

"Happy New Years." he said.