Cover Story Now in Stores

I'm in the Business of Misery

So we stopped in Nashville, the second venue of the tour, for a few days. Falling in Flames is filming their very first video! It's kinda indie-ish because of the low budget for a starting band but we're making the best of it.

Anyway, we were setting up everything while Bert and Allison, I guess, walked over to us. If Dev didn't have Gabe to go home to, she'd most likely kill Allison to get Bert. I looked over at her, but she was just doing what the director, who happened to be Neal Avron courtesy of none other than Fall Out Boy, was telling her to do.

I smiled up at the couple and went back to what I was doing. You may be wondering what song we're making a video for. Well, we asked some of our fans (since we actually found some fans with home made FIF shirts) what song they like the best. They said, and I quote, "Your best song on CD and live show sounds exactly the same. We think you should make the video for Misery Business", so we decided to listen to them and make that video.

No, we're not making it like Paramore's version. That's their copyrighted video. We're making it our own. And, actually, Hayley and Jeremy agreed to join in.

Neal came over to me and checked out my progress on setting up the props. We had little voodoo dolls of people we didn't know, but they were cute. The whole point of our video was to get rid of the girls, or guys, that were in the way of your 'one'. Kinda like the slut in the blue dress thought she was the owner of the school and made out with the chicks boyfriend, right?

Neal smiled and walked over to Autumn as Bert and Allison walked over to me.

"Quinn told me to come down here. You Paige?" he asked. I looked at him, smiled, and nodded.

"Bert. This is my girlfriend, Allison." he said. I nodded and stood up.

"Nice to finally meet you two. You obviously know who I am already. That's Dev," I said pointing to her.

"Matt," I said. "Autumn," "And Sonny. They'll be so psyched to meet you two!" I said. Bert smiled and walked over to Matt first. Allison stayed behind.

"So, you sing lead?" she asked. I nodded. "Yup. You're Bert's lucky girl, am I correct?" I asked. She smiled and blushed.

"So, what have you done to Quinn?" she asked. I looked at her funny.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Every time someone mentions your name he spaces out and totally ignores what goes on around him." she said. Shit. I just shrugged.

"What happens when someone mentions my boyfriend?" I asked.

"You're not married?" she asked. I looked down at my promise ring, like I do a million times every day.

"Oh, no. I'm only 21. Marriage isn't exactly the first thing on my list of things to do this year." I answered.

"Ah. So, who's the guy?" she asked nodding to my ring.

"Pete Wentz." I answered almost in a dream.

"Seriously?" she asked. I nodded.

"Hi ya. Paigey, who is this?" Autumn asked putting her arm on my shoulder.

"Allison," I said introducing the two.

"I'm Bert's girl!" she said and shook Autumn's hand.

"I'm Beckett's girl!" Autumn said back. Allison smiled.

"Everyone ready?" Neal asked, getting into this director's chair.

I turned around and nodded, then walked over to the microphone that was set up in the middle of the set. Everyone else got in their spots and the music that we were filming for started. So we started playing. I started singing and moving around.

Neal was smiling the entire shoot, then finally called cut at the end of the take.

"Guys, that we perfect. Next scene!" Neal called. We picked up the equipment and put it off to the side. We decided we'd go one at a time for this part of the video so the others would pack up the equipment.

"Paige, you're up first." Neal called. I nodded and walked over to the set. The music started again and I just looked around the room. It was dark and dirty, but hey, we built it. I walked over to one of the dolls and picked one with long blond yarn hair up.

"Start ruining her. Think of someone taking a loved one from you." Neal instructed.

I did as told, thrashing the doll at the ground and falling with it, then picking it up and started pulling at it's limbs. I started crying for some reason I still don't know, but I was still ruining the doll. The music ended after nearly four minutes of my destructive behavior. I was still crying.

Dev rushed over to me to help me up.

"Paigey, you OK?" she asked taking me to the equipment. I nodded, still crying. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. I managed to calm myself down enough to pack up my Mic and some other stuff as Autumn got her turn to totally destroy a voodoo doll.

Matt was up next and by that time we were done packing the equipment. Dev went on for her turn, then Sonny then we went back to a studio to mix the takes together. The finished product was beyond awesome!

"It'll air in about a few weeks. You have MTV on that bus, right?" Neal asked. I smiled and nodded.

"VMA worthy?" I asked leaning on the desk in front of me.

"Very." Neal said.

"You're so awesome! No wonder Pete adores your work!" I said looking at him.

"Well, since this is done, I have to head to New York to hand it to Damien and see what he can do about this." Neal said taking the video out of the machine.

"Wait, Damien like from TRL Damien?" Sonny asked. Neal just nodded and headed out.

"That dude is so amazingly awesome!" Dev said.

"Heard that!" Neal said from farther away. We all smiled and walked back to our bus. Dirty was sitting on the couch with a package in his hands.

"To the future Mrs. Wentz." he said handing it to me.

I looked at the brown box and made my way to my bunk. I tore the tape off and looked inside the box. There was a picture of my two boys, Pete and Hem, on the bus asleep with Hem on Pete's stomach. I smiled and stuck the picture in with the other picture of me and Pete.

Then there was a little slip of paper that said 'Mommy, I miss you. Love always,' then there was a puppy paw where the signature would have been. I smiled at that too and put it in my wallet. Lastly there was a magazine. Guess what it had on it? Me and Pete, topless.

There was a sticky note in the top so I opened it to that page to discover some of the things Pete had said about me that day.

"Are you in a relationship with Paige?"

"Yeah. After the last few weeks I've totally fallen."

"So what do you like about her most?"

"*sighs*She's the best thing that ever happened to me. I can't live without seeing something that reminds me of her. I can't think without thinking about her."

"Would you say that you're in love?"

"Yes!"

I was smiling so widely that I almost missed the little pink note fall into my lap.

'L, is for the way you Look at me. O, it's for the only One I see. V is Very, Very extraordinary. E, is Even more than anyone that you adore. And love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it, take my heart and please don't break it. Love, was made for me and you.'

I read the paper than realized it was an old song.

"That song was in the Parent Trap." Dev said standing right next to me. "Why won't Gabe send me anything like that?" she asked in envy.

Oh boy, here we go.