Cover Story Now in Stores

Reunion!

I laid down in my bunk and waited for him to call me back. It had been three days since I'd read that article, still nothing. I called Patrick's cell, but he wouldn't pick up either. Weird, Patty always loves to talk with me.

I tried Pete's cell once more.

"Paigey?" he asked. He sounded as if he was crying.

"Yes, baby. I'm here. What's wrong?" I asked. He heaved into the receiver.

"My nightmares. They keep trying to come back. Paigey, I need you here in my arms. I need to know that you're OK." he cried. His tone got me really worried that either him or I was really in a lot of trouble.

"Do you want me to fly out there tomorrow?" I asked.

"No! You've got your chance at this....this career. I'm not ruining something great by taking the lead singer away. I'm gonna fly out there." he said stubbornly.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah," he answered.

"Peter," I said softly.

"Hmm?"

"What happens in your nightmares?" I asked. There was a silence through the phone, foretelling me that whatever was occurring in his subconscious mind wasn't something I'd ever want to hear.

"Paige, can this wait till I get there?" he asked desperately.

"Of course. I can't wait to see you!" I said trying to cheer up our conversation. He chuckled, a good sign that I had made everything better, if only for the moment.

"I can't wait either. I'm buying tickets for the next flight to Little Rock now." he said. I smiled just as Dev came into my bunk.

"We gotta go." she whispered.

I nodded.

"Baby, I wish I could talk to you longer. I have to go on right about now." I said.

"OK. I'll see you soon. I love you Paigey!" he said.

"Love you too." I said. We hung up and I rushed to the stage.

I ran right up to the Mic just as Matt started into the song.

"perfect by nature
icons of self indulgence
just what we all need
more lies about a world that

never was and never will be
have you no shame don't you see me
you know you've got everybody fooled

look here she comes now
bow down and stare in wonder
oh how we love you
no flaws when you're pretending
but now i know she

never was and never will be
you don't know how you've betrayed me
and somehow you've got everybody fooled

without the mask where will you hide
can't find yourself lost in your lie

i know the truth now
i know who you are
and i don't love you anymore

it never was and never will be
you don't know how you've betrayed me
and somehow you've got everybody fooled

it never was and never will be
you're not real and you can't save me
somehow now you're everybody's fool"


Everyone went wild. I sighed.

"Thanks. We're Falling In Flames and we hope you liked that song." I said. We went right into the next song and finished our set with Fake It by Seether.

And I wanted so badly to call Pete back, but I was being pulled in five different directions by five different people; one wanted my autograph, one wanted my picture, one wanted.....OK, three wanted that, but no one really needed to know that.

I got tired of people's hands on me.

"NO!" I simply yelled. I grabbed my hands free and ran back to the bus.

I'm so psycho.
♠ ♠ ♠
Everybody's Fool-Evanescense.