Cover Story Now in Stores

Hay-wait, who's Hayley?

I watched him sleep. Yeah, that's a little psycho, but I think I needed to. I wanted so badly to walk into the room and ask him about everything we've done together. I wanted to ask him about me being a cover artist. I wanted to ask him to show me what love was again, but he looked so peaceful sleeping.

Someone put a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, a little red head was standing next to me. Did she know me?

"Hayley. We were touring together." she said introducing herself. I smiled. So I had known her.

"I came all the way out from Tennessee to see you stare at him in the middle of the night?" she asked.

"You came from Across the country to see me?" I asked. She nodded. I hugged her. One more person in the world that cared enough about me.

"Thanks," she giggled, "but I came here to answer questions. Anything you think I could answer." she finished.

I pulled back from her and sat in the chair that had been in the hall way.

"What do you want to know?" she asked, following.

"What is it that you can answer?" I asked back. She shrugged.

"Hit me with your best shot." she smiled. Ding! That song reminded me.....Hayley Williams of Paramore was sitting in front of me.

Wait....I know her? YES!

"I remember you," I said. She smiled and hugged me this time.

"This is great Paige! What is it that you remember though?" she asked.

"I remember what band you're in..... if that helps at all." I answered. She sighed and calmed down a bit.

"I don't know...it's a start ...." she trailed.

"What day is it?" I asked. I had literally lost track of time.

"February 13th...I think." Hayley answered. Shit. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! "You forgot about getting him something for Lovey-dovey day?" she asked.

"Hayley, I don't remember him at all. But.......would you mind coming down to the gift shop with me? I kind of feel bad that he still feels that way about me and I can't. I want to show him I'm sorry." I said. Hayley smiled and took my hand so I would get up.

"Let's go!" she said pulling my arm. I got up behind her and let her lead the way down to the hospital gift shop. I looked around the little shop filled with get well soon cards and blue and pink teddy bears. There was an entire little corner for Valentines day shit.

I made a beeline for that corner. There was a little pink bear with a rose, my favorite flowers, and a red heart stitched to it. I picked it up and admired the cheap hospital manufactured bear.

"This is perfect.....for the conditions we're in." I said. Hayley smiled and showed me a card she had found somewhere else in the store.

It was a plain white card with "Sorry" on the front. It was empty inside, giving me room to express myself.

"Haylz, you're a genius!" I said. That nickname, it felt so familiar. Like I used it all the time. Hayley smiled and hugged me.

"That was your favorite name for me!" she squealed.

I smiled at my only recollection. We made our way to the register. I went to tell the cashier to charge it to the record company, even though I didn't really know which one I would be representing, but Hayley pulled out her small black that said FIF on it.

"Haylz, what is FIF?" I asked.

"Your band Paige. Falling In Flames." she said. That rang a bell. I sang lead. Dev played guitar, as did Matty. Autumn played bass and Sonny mastered Drums.

"Oh. Where did you get that wallet?" I asked.

"Hot Topic. I bought it back in Franklin." she smiled.

She payed the cashier and pulled me back up to his room. She pushed me inside and signaled me to write what I wanted in the card and place it with the bear next to his head. I opened the card and found a pen. I wrote some lyrics down that I seemed to remember, but not from where, said I was sorry, signed it, put it next to the bear and left the room.

Pete's Point Of View

I woke up with a big fluff ball of red in my face.

"Who painted Hemmy red now?" I asked. No one answered. I took a good look at what was before my eyes; a small red teddy bear and a white card. "Where did you come from?" I asked it. I picked up the card and read it.

"I'd give up forever to touch cause I know that you fell me somehow." it started. It was her handwriting. "Pete, I'm sorry that I can't remember everything you were hoping me to. I wish I did half as much as you do. Anyway, Happy Valentines day. I thought the bear would help take my place for the time being. -Paigey" she finished.

I hugged the red bear and looked out the window. Red hair to match the bear was looking in, checking on me, no doubt. I motioned for her to come in, and she did.

"How's it going Pete?"she asked. I sighed.

"Good. I guess. Can you ask her to come in here?" I asked. Hayley nodded and got up to get Paige for me.

Paige walked in, alone and wondering why I would ask her to come in the first place. She walked to the end of my bed and waited.

"Thanks." I said pointing to the bear.

"No prob. I thought it was the least I could do for making you cry the other day." she answered. I chuckled and motioned for her to come around the bed so she'd be next to me.

"What was with the Goo Goo Dolls quoting?" I asked. Her eyes widened.

"Yes! That's what that song is! Iris!" she said happily. "I knew I recognized it!" she sighed. I smiled.

"But what was with the quoting?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I felt that was the right thing to put." she told me.

We stayed silent for a few minutes.

"Tell me everything." she said, jumping into my bed. I looked at her weird. "Tell me everything. Anything that you know, that you feel is your place to tell me. I want to remember loving you Pete. I want to remember facing fears and living my dream. Tell me everything." she said.

So I did.